Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:45:16 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Buzzfeed: How Much Do You Know About Islam? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Buzzfeed: How Much Do You Know About Islam?  (Read 5152 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 12:09:35 PM »

I'm with you, RC, I don't have an issue with anyone who lives in peace, whatever god they pray to, and I would agree with all of what you said, except the fact that unlike Jim Jones' perversion of Christianity, Islamic groups like ISIS and Boko Haram are doing exactly what their religion tells them to do, and in this case it is the fault of the religion's central message of conquest by any means.

"So when you meet in Jihad in Allah's cause those who disbelieve, smite their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them…" — Surat 47, al-Qital

And if the mindset of groups like ISIS represents a tiny portion of Islam, as we're constantly being told by apologists, then where is the widespread condemnation of ISIS from the supposedly anti-violent majority of Moslems?

Jordanians are rightfully angered over the savage murder of their captive pilot, Egyptians rose up and threw out the Brotherhood in Cairo (good work!), but that was a self-serving reaction to their own daily liberties being curtailed. What I'm talking about is where are Moslems protesting in the streets over 9-11 and 7-7 and the murders in Paris at Charlie Hebdo? Why are they not coming forward by the millions and apologizing on behalf of their faith?

If this loving, placid 99% of Islam is really out there, why isn't it doing the right thing and protesting against those who murder in their religion's name? Why aren't ambassadors from Islamic nations on the floor of the UN every day decrying the beheadings of innocent people done in Mohammad's name, or proposing ways to end the violence?

We all know most Moslems are probably perfectly decent human beings, but if they're doing nothing to stop those within their religion who pervert all decency, then doesn't that in some way make them part of the problem?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 12:53:58 PM »

ISIS news today: Muslim world condemns ISIS killing of Jordanian pilot

Think Muslims Haven’t Condemned ISIS? Think Again

Small | Large

(go to 2:40)

Muslim Leaders Worldwide Condemn ISIS

Scholars’ Open Letter Adds to Chorus of Muslim Leaders Condemning ISIS

http://www.lettertobaghdadi.com/

Muslims Around The World Condemn Charlie Hebdo Attack

45 Examples of Muslim Outrage About Charlie Hebdo Attack That Fox News Missed

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »

That's a great start, Rev! Now if the other 999,999,950 jump in, we'll get somewhere.  Wink

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 02:59:20 PM »

1 billion Muslims aren't going anywhere. We need to encourage the moderates. Pretending they don't exist or that they are marginal is counterproductive. Attacking Islam per se is counterproductive. It actually feeds into the paranoid Islamist agenda. The moderates will eventually win out, because the extremists are suicidal (literally).

That's all I have to say.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 06:59:16 PM »

13 out of 13... only after correcting the 5 I guessed wrong purposely because I thought they were anti-Islam questions, though also true tenets.  I was not surprised by any of the "true" answers. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Buzzfeed: How Much Do You Know About Islam? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.