Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:57:20 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  nightbreed - directors cut « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: nightbreed - directors cut  (Read 3395 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 14, 2014, 11:48:06 AM »

I love this movie. really. its a very special movie for me. its really flawed, but it has its own charm. most people see it as just another monster movie. understandably so.  ive been waiting for this moment for more than 20 years. I purchased the limited edition copy, and it will be here in a couple of days.  im taking some time off around Halloween just so I can sit down and really watch it, I may watch the original cut before the directors cut.

exterminate all rational thought.....
StinkerMadness
Stinker Man
Dedicated Viewer

It Stinks!

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 12:31:55 PM »

We just watched this a couple of months ago. It is exactly as you say, flawed storywise but the makeup/effects are so top notch its ridiculous. It's a big "in your face, CGI" statement. Good pick.

WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 08:51:26 PM »

I once described this movie  as "Imagine X-men but its a horror movie".

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Neville

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »

I remember watching this one in VHS back in the days. It has plenty of good bits (Yes! David Cronenberg!), but it soon gets derailed. Clive Barker is a good writer, specially when he sticks to short stories, but he's a hack director.

I'd still like to watch this DC, but mostly out of nostalgia.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 10:14:17 AM »

What I liked about this (and some of Clive Barker's other based work) is that the "monsters" were really the humans.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »

The first time I saw it I thought it stunk.  I then watched it again and I like it.  I watch now when I get a chance to do so.  I would say that this ranks up there in my list with Yellowbeard the Pirate as my favorites.  The ending left an opening for a part two.  Does anyone know if there is/was a part two?

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »

The first time I saw it I thought it stunk.  I then watched it again and I like it.  I watch now when I get a chance to do so.  I would say that this ranks up there in my list with Yellowbeard the Pirate as my favorites.  The ending left an opening for a part two.  Does anyone know if there is/was a part two?

Later,

John

No, probably because it did not earn enough, about $9 million in the U.S. and $1 million in the U.K., for the suits to decide to make another one. It did, though, spawn a limited comic book series, a limited book series, and a video game for home computers. The fact that Fox, the distributor, did a hack job on it, before they released it, probably did not help it at the box office.

As I am always looking for "last films" and "1st films" for actors, this was actor Kenneth Nelson's last film.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 06:39:05 AM »

I first saw Nightbreed on cable when I was young and loved it, so watched it whenever it was on, but I have not been back to it since.

I have just seen the DC is on Netflix though so may give it another go tonight.

rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 09:07:35 PM »

I saw the vhs and was not that impressed.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  nightbreed - directors cut « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.