Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:41:27 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, the Riots Have Begun « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Well, the Riots Have Begun  (Read 14219 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2014, 11:44:40 AM »

All religions are an excuse to kill people who dont like you.
Religion? I HATE It!
I dont give a f**k what god you think is true. What the f**k is wrong? When your religion condons murder?
Islam-(Chrisrtians do it too-the Crusades,anyone.)

There is no god-nobody gotta f**kin argue about it. I hate religin :hatred:on.

ALL religion is not based on love-its based on "Im right-yer wrong" intolerence. I hate ALL religions.  Hatred
AHH! AHH!  Hatred
WAKE THE f**k UP!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:41:22 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2014, 12:06:02 AM »

Show me one verse where Jesus of Nazareth urged his followers to kill ANYBODY and I might agree.
What the Church did in the Middle Ages was completely abandon the teachings of Jesus.
Love ya, RC, but I love God more.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2014, 12:17:08 AM »

Show me one verse where Jesus of Nazareth urged his followers to kill ANYBODY and I might agree.
What the Church did in the Middle Ages was completely abandon the teachings of Jesus.
Love ya, RC, but I love God more.
Indy-yer alright-Im never  going to convince you that its all propaganda-Nazi's thought what they believed was right too. And If you think Im comparing organizes religion to Nazism-I am-Islams are Nazi-so are a lot of Fundmentalist Christians-Koresh? Its all evil. Religion-is evil. EVIL!!! hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2014, 12:29:01 AM »

The man who died in NY-wtf? Like you said "DONT BREAK THE LAW!"
That means he had to die? WHAT?
WHAT???
I thought this was America.
It IS America-and we -the PEOPLE-have the right-the obligation-to question the people in charge.
THAT is AMERICA,my freind.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2014, 01:19:48 AM »

Religion in itself is neither good nor evil; it is what people do with it that makes it so.
Religion is man's attempt to reach God; that attempt will always fail.
Jesus Christ was God's attempt to reach man - and we killed him.
The problem is not with God, it's with mankind.  Atheistic regimes in the 20th century
killed more people than all the religious wars in the history of the world combined.
It all comes back to human wickedness.  That's why I have faith in God - because if
I put my faith in the goodness of human nature, to use one of your favorite phrases,
I'm f****d.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2014, 04:07:14 AM »

Religion in itself is neither good nor evil; it is what people do with it that makes it so.
Religion is man's attempt to reach God; that attempt will always fail.
Jesus Christ was God's attempt to reach man - and we killed him.
The problem is not with God, it's with mankind.  Atheistic regimes in the 20th century
killed more people than all the religious wars in the history of the world combined.
It all comes back to human wickedness.  That's why I have faith in God - because if
I put my faith in the goodness of human nature, to use one of your favorite phrases,
I'm f****d.
touche,my freind.
I know Im a godless atheist- And if their is a hell-Im sure Im going.
 I love ya Indy. Yer a good man.  Thumbup
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:11:38 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2014, 02:54:06 AM »

If they guy says "I can't breathe" it's probably a good idea to get off him. He was resisting arrest only in the sense of trying to argue his way out of it which just about everyone does. Michael brown is a different story, but part of a police officers job is to be able to handle these situations without having things like this happen that's what we pay them for. Garner wasn't a threat to anybody.

Pretty much where I stand too. This attitude of "just obey the cops at all times, even if you aren't threatening anyone and just want to be left alone" is mind boggling to me. Respect should be earned, not just arbitrarily given to someone just because they have a badge and gun.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2014, 02:17:48 PM »

to me it's market thing. We don't hire them to kill people trying to sell loosies. I understand the risks police officers take and appreciate that they can't always be nice guys, but at the end of the day they work for us.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2014, 10:49:17 PM »

I think the Eric Garner case was handled horribly.  First of all, the charge itself was bogus.  The only reason selling loose cigarettes is forbidden is because the city doesn't want to lose their precious tax revenue.  But the cops have been ordered to bust people for selling loose cigarettes, and until the people of NY grow a pair and challenge the politicians who create such idiotic policies, cops have to enforce the laws when they are ordered to.  I will say this - if Eric Garner was actually being choked by the officer, he would not have been able to speak at all.  His death had much more to do the fact that he was asthmatic, 100 pounds overweight, and chose to resist rather than simply giving up.  That being said, the cop could have de-escalated the situation in a number of ways.  He probably should have been indicted - but I wasn't on the Grand Jury and did not hear all the evidence.

Michael Brown - sorry, but we was acting like a thug.  He robbed a store, then assaulted Officer Wilson and tried to take his gun. Then, when ordered to halt, he turned and charged at the officer (who was 100 pounds lighter and several inches shorter than him).  What does anyone do at that point?  You let a guy that big get you on the ground, and you are history, even if you are trained in self defense.  Officer Wilson did the only thing he could do, and his life and career in law enforcement have been effectively ended because of it.  He will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life, and that's a shame.

Anyone who wears a badge gets my respect automatically. They may not merit it, but the badge does. The police really are the thin blue line that protects society from chaos.  They risk their lives every time they go out on the job, and catch nothing but flak for it way too much of the time.   If I have a run-in with a policeman and he acts like a turd, I'll memorize his badge number and report the conduct later.  But I am not ever going to provoke a man who is carrying a gun and who deals with the scum of humanity on a daily basis.  Whatever momentary self-righteous satisfaction such a confrontation might generate is not worth the possibility of losing my life because the officer is having a bad day and misinterprets my actions.

As for you, RC - underneath all the crustiness you love to display is a truly decent human being.  You are loved by everyone here, myself included - and God loves you too, whether you acknowledge it or not.  I hope you have a wonderful, merry Christmas!

A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2014, 11:25:54 PM »

to me it's market thing. We don't hire them to kill people trying to sell loosies. I understand the risks police officers take and appreciate that they can't always be nice guys, but at the end of the day they work for us.

Exactly. And if you are unable to do your job competently, you get no respect from me, whatever uniform you wear. With all the bs I've had to deal with involving the police over the years, I have a totally different perspective than probably most of the people on this forum.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2014, 07:30:42 PM »

Exactly. And if you are unable to do your job competently, you get no respect from me, whatever uniform you wear. With all the bs I've had to deal with involving the police over the years, I have a totally different perspective than probably most of the people on this forum.
In 1985-I was sittting in the back seat of a car drinking whiskey-in the front seat was my freind Joey,and Aileen-who whose driving-she didnt like booze, A flashlight was in my face-from outside the car-we were parked on the beach-this was on Long Island,NY,
I laughed-because Joey had juct left the car too p**s I gave him the finger-I thought it was Joey!-it was a cop.He opened. the door-the cops had guns on me-he grabbed my long hair and commenced to beating my head on the roof of the car. His partner had to stop him. I was a bloody mess. They didint arrest us. I ended up in the hospital.
f**k COPS.  Hatred

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Well, the Riots Have Begun « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.