Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:18:23 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sony cancels 'The Interview' amid terror hack threats « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Sony cancels 'The Interview' amid terror hack threats  (Read 9409 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: December 17, 2014, 09:19:07 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/top-theater-chains-cancel-interview-showings-202953682--finance.html

I am shocked that it has come to this. I am saddened that it is so easy for criminals to suppress a movie because they don't like its politics. Sickening.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 11:08:43 PM »

I'm going to buy a copy of the DVD, just to spite Kim Jong!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 05:16:56 AM »

Sony is planning a VOD-Release, but knowing Rogen and Franco they might just leak it BounceGiggle

dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:34:55 AM »

This is crazy town.  The whole story.  Crazy...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 08:00:02 AM »

Hackers really don't like Sony for some reason.  Or maybe their security is just the worst?

Kind of funny, I posted a bass guitar cover of Fever by Peggy Lee on Youtube and within 30 minutes Sony had it blocked in umpteen countries.  Maybe they should take some of the money they spend monitoring Youtube and spend it on securing their network instead?  Just a thought  Smile
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:08:56 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 08:11:32 AM »

I'm wondering if Sony didn't create all this nonsense themselves to stir up talk over what might have been the box office bomb of the year?  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 10:12:13 AM »

Hackers really don't like Sony for some reason.  Or maybe their security is just the worst?

Kind of funny, I posted a bass guitar cover of Fever by Peggy Lee on Youtube and within 30 minutes Sony had it blocked in umpteen countries.  Maybe they should take some of the money they spend monitoring Youtube and spend it on securing their network instead?  Just a thought  Smile
Most of the time it isn't even Sony that's doing that, but Youtube itself without Sony knowing about it.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 10:51:57 AM »

Most of the time it isn't even Sony that's doing that, but Youtube itself without Sony knowing about it.

Yeah I don't know how that works, they just sent me this:

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked in some countries. This means that your video is still up on YouTube, but people in some countries may not be able to watch it.

Video title: Fever bass cover
Copyrighted song: Fever
Claimed by: SME, UMG, Made In etaly, [Merlin] Phonofile

I don't know how four different outfits can all own the copyright for the same song lol.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 12:54:33 PM »

No 'Interview' ... on any platform.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/12/17/sony-hack-the-interview/20519545/

Though there is still the possibility that they could sell it to another, smaller distributor.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 12:57:01 PM »

Huge victory for terrorists and extortionists, it should give them a lot of comfort and confidence. Expect more of this kind of thing.  Bluesad

VenomX73

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 06:39:46 PM »

This is crazy town.  The whole story.  Crazy...

Yup. Sad times.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 02:05:09 PM »

anything that prohibits the release of a movie starring seth rogen is cool with me.

seriously though, I have doubts we have been told anything about what this really is or who is behind it. the 'attacks' came from computers in Thailand for a start.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
major jay

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 03:27:10 PM »

Sounds like Sony may be having a change of heart.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/20/is-sony-changing-their-mind-on-the-interview-2531329?lt_source=external,manual,manual
Don't say President Obama never did anything for you because apparently yesterday Sony issued a statement that it was "actively surveying alternatives to enable us to release the movie (The Interview) on a different platform, It is still our hope that anyone who wants to see this movie will get the opportunity to do so.”

After President Barak Obama made a statement saying he thought Sony "made a mistake" and "I wish [Sony] had spoken to me first. I would have told them do not get into a pattern where you’re intimidated by these kinds of criminal attacks" it seems that Sony are slowly changing their tune.

George Clooney also echoed the remarks of many and urged Sony to put it online. Will the internet be where The Interview finally finds an audience?

The Interview stars Seth Rogen and James Franco and is about two chat show producers being tasked with the assassination of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un.

This whole saga has played out in a very strange way. A few anonymous computer geeks, over a, no doubt, completely dumb comedy, makes us question our online security, forces a massive corporation to lose 100s of million in opening revenue and embarrasses so many of the top brass in the process and the even get President of the US to address the issue. It gets even weirder, especially as now the North Korean government are saying they didn't support the hackers and are looking to help America in their investigation. What will happen next?!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 03:54:50 PM »

Sounds like Sony may be having a change of heart.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/20/is-sony-changing-their-mind-on-the-interview-2531329?lt_source=external,manual,manual
Don't say President Obama never did anything for you because apparently yesterday Sony issued a statement that it was "actively surveying alternatives to enable us to release the movie (The Interview) on a different platform, It is still our hope that anyone who wants to see this movie will get the opportunity to do so.”

After President Barak Obama made a statement saying he thought Sony "made a mistake" and "I wish [Sony] had spoken to me first. I would have told them do not get into a pattern where you’re intimidated by these kinds of criminal attacks" it seems that Sony are slowly changing their tune.

George Clooney also echoed the remarks of many and urged Sony to put it online. Will the internet be where The Interview finally finds an audience?

The Interview stars Seth Rogen and James Franco and is about two chat show producers being tasked with the assassination of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un.

This whole saga has played out in a very strange way. A few anonymous computer geeks, over a, no doubt, completely dumb comedy, makes us question our online security, forces a massive corporation to lose 100s of million in opening revenue and embarrasses so many of the top brass in the process and the even get President of the US to address the issue. It gets even weirder, especially as now the North Korean government are saying they didn't support the hackers and are looking to help America in their investigation. What will happen next?!

To me, unless it's publicly exhibited in a theater, they caved. I blame the exhibitors as much as Sony.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 04:04:47 PM »

I blame the lawyers.
Since Cinemark is being sued over the Colorado theater shooting - as if they had a shred of control over the actions of a random psychopath! - any theater showing THE INTERVIEW is terrified of a hoarde of lawyers suing them out of business if, God forbid, something did happen while the movie was playing.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sony cancels 'The Interview' amid terror hack threats « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.