Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:31:06 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bottom 10 (2013-)2014 lists, alive or thread « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bottom 10 (2013-)2014 lists, alive or thread  (Read 2304 times)
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 30, 2014, 04:28:14 PM »

Bad movie(s) where I appreciated the ambition, but not the result: Frost

The "life's too short" "awards": Devil's Due, The Purge: Anarchy, Sharknado 2: the Second One, Annabelle

As Roger Corman said about almost not making Sharktopus (that's Sharktopus), there's only so much silliness you can ask people to accept.

I can barely remember the original Sharknado.

How many good horror movies had good prequels/sequels/spin-offs/remakes? Not many.
How many bad horror movies had good prequels/sequels/spin-offs/remakes? Not many.

Moving on, if I were asked to list what I consider the best sequels, I can only come up with Wendigo, In the Mouth of Madness (both from trilogies of unrelated movies based around a theme) Inferno and the "Living Dead" sequels (both from chronicles consisting of barely-related stories).

Anyways,

10: Stitch Face - It's one of those "love it or hate it" movies, yes, and I personally didn't care for it. But even before it got weird and abstract, the scene(s) with four people in an isolated cabin taking shelter from a storm that - a radio report tells us - has covered the world and killed tens of thousands did little to convince me what was happening, was happening.

9: Alone - Mostly disappointing. A girl is on a mysterious island... with nothing mysterious, just a killer,and I mean the kind who might only have had one previous victim.

8: The Apparition - I barely remember it. Watched it early January. I just remember being very unsatisfied.

7: The House of Good and Evil - This "haunted house movie", is not about a haunted house. I don't mean because its about the people living in or visiting one. I mean because there isn't a haunted house in it. If there was evidence of one, it was blink-and-you'll-miss-it.

6: Mama - Again, I remember little, except for thinking the Vicky Pollard(?) character from the series Little Britain could've been the script supervisor. I can imagine this:

Someone: So do they get to be a family?
Vicky: Yeah, but no,
Someone: Do they defeat the spirit?
Vicky: but yeah, but no,
Someone: What about the cabin?
Vicky: Because they don't even go back there because they would never do that, because that one guy went back to the cabin or something or nothing  and he died, and if you don't believe me you can ask him yourself!
Someone: Okay, I'm noticing the father doesn't have much-
Vicky: The father doesn't do nothing or nothing, he isn't even there! Shut up!

And so on.

Yeah, many ways to end the story, but choosing "all of the above" kinda negates the purpose of even having an ending.

5: Smiley - A massive fake-out complete with the politically-correct-come-alarmist take on internet trolls.

4: Entity - There's jump scares, people get pulled around by wires, and, er... little else happens. Basically your average uninteresting Paranormal Activity imitator.

3: Amphibious - Seriously, Yuzna? This movie is about some people we can root for to die being attacked by a monster. That after Yuzna previously made many movies with relatable characters and unimaginable horror.

2: Aftershock - Maybe its just all those crazy comedies out there, but seeing someone's hand get kicked around by a crowd isn't shocking. The villains were literally unpleasant for the sake of being unpleasant - not only are they rapist like all bad villain writing demands, but they try raping people while they're in a place where everyone is in danger anyway.

As time goes on, it seems like Eli Roth (who got started with cameos in Troma movies) is trying to make "Troma movies, but serious".

1: Dead of the Night - Look, two haunted house movies that don't have a haunted house! What does this one have? Eventually, a serial killer makes an appearance. Until then, people improvise by behaving like detestable reality TV show personas. It has a storyboard as an extra and - you probably saw this coming - nothing in the found footage sections is there.
claws
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 05:35:57 PM »

I didn't watch that many movies in 2014 that truly sucked. I mean, I got a kick out of 2-Headed Shark Attack (2012) but then again I also enjoyed Sharknado (still need to watch part 2).

Anyways, here are a few disappointments I've seen in 2014:

The Black Water Vampire (2014) ~ found footage about young adults researching urban legend connected to real killings. It had a snow setting and gratuitous nudity but the rest just didn't deliver.
Hot T-Shirts (1980) ~ Already mentioned in the other thread.
I, Frankenstein (2014) ~ The kind of movie where your eyes start drifting away from the screen because its so darn b-o-r-i-n-g, dull and unoriginal.
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 06:26:12 PM »

6: Mama - Again, I remember little, except for thinking the Vicky Pollard(?) character from the series Little Britain could've been the script supervisor. I can imagine this:

Someone: So do they get to be a family?
Vicky: Yeah, but no,
Someone: Do they defeat the spirit?
Vicky: but yeah, but no,
Someone: What about the cabin?
Vicky: Because they don't even go back there because they would never do that, because that one guy went back to the cabin or something or nothing  and he died, and if you don't believe me you can ask him yourself!
Someone: Okay, I'm noticing the father doesn't have much-
Vicky: The father doesn't do nothing or nothing, he isn't even there! Shut up!

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Thumbup

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 10:09:57 AM »

Here is my worst of the worst list for my first time viewing this year.

10 The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift 2.5/5

9 Parental Guidance 1.5/5

8 Curse of the Puppet Master 1/5

7 Puppet Master: The Legacy 0/5

6 2001: A Space Travesty 0/5

5 The Pest 0/5

4 Time of the Apes 0/5

3 Scooby Doo: WrestleMania Mystery 0/5

2 Spaced Invaders 0/5

1 Foodfight! - This is officially the worst animated movie I've ever seen. The only movie I've ever seen worse then this was Bucky Larson and that's saying something.

0/5  Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

My overall worst movies I've seen this year.

10 Curse of the Puppet Master 1/5

9 Puppet Master: The Legacy 0/5

8 2001: A Space Travesty 0/5

7 The Pest 0/5

6 Time of the Apes 0/5

5 Scooby Doo: WrestleMania Mystery 0/5

4 Spaced Invaders 0/5

3 The Final Sacrifice 0/5

2 Saw 7 0/5

1 Foodfight! 0/5

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 11:08:45 AM »

Bob - you need to check out the Nostalgia Critic's review of FOOD FIGHT.  It's as great as the movie is awful.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 03:12:03 AM »

Bottom 10 new viewings I watched last year (The Lucifer Complex (1978) was the worst of the re-watches)

10. Awesome Lotus (1983)
9. The Wedding Date (2005)
8. Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus (2010)
7. The Brain Machine (1977)
6. Legacy of Blood (1971)
5. The Stranger (1999)
4. Little Fockers (2010)
3. L.A.P.D.: To Serve and Protect (2001)
2. Android Insurrection (2012)
1. Bigfoot (2012)

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bottom 10 (2013-)2014 lists, alive or thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.