Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:06:52 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Fantastic Four (2015) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fantastic Four (2015)  (Read 6778 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 02:41:58 AM »

Maybe its because I've never been a big Fantastic Four fan, but the trailer just kinda made me think "Meh". I suspect I will watch it eventually but most likely I'll wait until its on netflix or something similar to watch it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 12:42:57 PM »

Methinks I'll give this one an El Paso....
I wasn't too sure to begin with, then I read an article about why Johnny Storm is suddenly black. The author (of the article)'s premise is that, if you take a formerly white character and make them black, you're striking a blow against racism, but if you leave them as is, or (HORRORS!) make a previously black character white, you're supporting racism in some way.

HUH????
My concern is that the Director holds the same view.
When Samuel L. Jackson was cast as Nick Fury, I think it was because he is BADASS, not because of his genetics, or some cock-eyed effort to "atone" for something-grow up, folks; it's just pigment.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 06:36:42 PM »

Methinks I'll give this one an El Paso....
I wasn't too sure to begin with, then I read an article about why Johnny Storm is suddenly black. The author (of the article)'s premise is that, if you take a formerly white character and make them black, you're striking a blow against racism, but if you leave them as is, or (HORRORS!) make a previously black character white, you're supporting racism in some way.

HUH????
My concern is that the Director holds the same view.
When Samuel L. Jackson was cast as Nick Fury, I think it was because he is BADASS, not because of his genetics, or some cock-eyed effort to "atone" for something-grow up, folks; it's just pigment.

That explanation, about Nick Fury, is as good as any as I have seen about why, where once a character was white,  now he is black. Indeed, I must admit, when I see Nick Fury now as white, I am disappointed he does not look more like Samuel L. Jackson.

Like many people here, I--too--am going to give this a pass. Not because Johnny Storm is now an Afro-American, though I am afraid that is going to hurt at the box office, but because, except for the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, are some of my least favorite characters in the Marvel Universe.

There are other people, I am afraid, are hoping this film fails at the box office, because if it fails at the box office, maybe the rights to the characters, which are owned by 20th Century Fox Film Corporation, would then revert to the Walt Disney Company, who except for the X-Men, has seemed to have the most luck with the most recent Marvel characters.

The same thought, the reverting back of the rights of a character, here to the film Spiderman, which is owned by Sony Columbia, after the relative failure of the last Spiderman film, would revert back to the Walt Disney Company, but . . .?! That does not seem to be the case, as it looks like Sony Columbia is going to take another run at creating a successful Spiderman film in 2017, with a rumored Asa Butterfield in the role of Spiderman.

And we shall see, what we shall see.
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 09:22:19 PM »

In general I really dislike superhero movies. I think they take themself too seriously and actually make no sense. The whole wave of "super hero with super problems" make me laugh as most of the problems are the same problem normal humans simply have anyway (relations, jobs...)

So or they are not serious (like The Super Inframan [1975]) or they tend to be really stupid.

In a way I hope the next Batman VS Superman is just: Superman throws Gotham to the sun, just after do the same with the city where Lex Luthor is. Finally leaves a message like: be good or I do it again. End.
dean

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 09:48:21 PM »

In general I really dislike superhero movies. I think they take themself too seriously and actually make no sense. The whole wave of "super hero with super problems" make me laugh as most of the problems are the same problem normal humans simply have anyway (relations, jobs...)

So or they are not serious (like The Super Inframan [1975]) or they tend to be really stupid.

In a way I hope the next Batman VS Superman is just: Superman throws Gotham to the sun, just after do the same with the city where Lex Luthor is. Finally leaves a message like: be good or I do it again. End.

Reminds me of this comic:

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Fantastic Four (2015) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.