Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:40:38 PM
714221 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Buzzfeed: How Much Do You Know About Islam? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Buzzfeed: How Much Do You Know About Islam?  (Read 5328 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: January 29, 2015, 10:23:21 AM »

http://www.playbuzz.com/timdunkin10/how-much-do-you-know-about-the-religion-of-islam

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 04:24:59 PM »

I am not sure if the author is really honest of he tries to be anti-islamic.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 06:23:03 PM »

I am not sure if the author is really honest of he tries to be anti-islamic.

As lawyers say, truth is an absolute defense against accusations of slander.

etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 06:37:03 PM »

Well, sure. But it is like presenting Christianity showing the Bible book Deuteronomy, for example the 20:13-21:14 part...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 07:54:22 PM »

Well, sure. But it is like presenting Christianity showing the Bible book Deuteronomy, for example the 20:13-21:14 part...

Well, show me a Jew selling his daughter into slavery or stoning his brother for an offense against the Torah, and I'll gladly condemn him. On the other hand, one only has to turn on any TV news channel to hear about Islamic honor killings going on right now.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:58:53 PM »

I got 10 out of 13.  I think that the quiz was a bit biased, but technically accurate.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 01:26:54 AM »

I do know this: people claiming to be true servants of the Prophet ruined my life on September 11, 2001.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 06:51:53 AM »

Trevor, that's pretty much why I dislike speaking of religion. I could say they gave a huge prove of faith and there are arguments for both views.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 06:59:40 AM »

Trevor, that's pretty much why I dislike speaking of religion. I could say they gave a huge prove of faith and there are arguments for both views.

How did they prove their faith? By killing almost 3000 innocent people? September 11 is my birthday and I have not had a proper birthday since 2000 because of what those bastards did in the name of their faith. May those terrorists burn in hell forever.  Hatred

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 08:00:52 AM »

I am sorry for your birthday.

But, faith is a strong belief in something; do you doubt they had a strong belief? I don't. And the number of deaths argument is fairly moot if you consider all the US-invoked wars all around the world.

However, as I said I do not really like speak of this stuff. It breaks friendships and create divisions that make no sense.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 08:14:17 AM »

I know enough to know that Islam is not simply a religion.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 08:35:28 AM »

If you look at, for example, Temerlan Tsarnaev here in Boston. He screwed up his life, it was his own fault he beat his girlfriend up and couldn't get some sort of visa, and he got depressed and became a religious fanatic. instead of checking him his family let him do it and even went along with it out of their own cowardice and delusions. in the end they got dragged down with him.

These "angry Arab" types who are all macho aren't put in their place by their families. Yes there are foreign policy reasons why Muslims get involved in this stuff too, there are many different reasons but some of the key ones lie with the Muslim communities and the Muslim families themselves.
Flangepart

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 09:03:54 AM »

10 of 13....interesting. 'You know enough to be dangerous.' What up with that?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 08:38:35 PM »

I was over in Turkey in 2012 - which is over 99% Muslim.  A number of Turks smoke and drink - which is officially a no-no according to the Qu'ran.  Turkey is home to a beverage called Rakı.  You think we have some strong stuff in this country you ought to try Rakı.  After a couple of those you'll be seeing vapor trails.

A good number of Turks are what our tour director referred to as Cultural Muslims - I think he said it was about 40%.  They are identified by the country as Muslims because that's what their parents were but aren't overly religious.  They keep the registration because it's not worth the headache to change it.  They might go in once a week (usually Fridays) for services if they go.  They aren't dropping everything to pray when the calls occur but go about their business.  The women by and large dress how they wish.  Many wear headscarves and some do wear the burkas.  Others if you dropped them in any major city here in the US you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  They do cover their heads inside mosques.

I had a pretty good time over in Turkey.  I never felt unsafe over there.  The Turks I came across were all OK.  Most were quite friendly. 

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 06:02:29 AM »

How did they prove their faith? By killing almost 3000 innocent people? September 11 is my birthday and I have not had a proper birthday since 2000 because of what those bastards did in the name of their faith. May those terrorists burn in hell forever.  Hatred

I started taking the quiz-and I realized how stupid it was-so I didnt finish it-kinda biased? Ya think?

Amen,my freind.

I don't have anything against Muslims-I have all sortsa hate to extreme radical murderers who use the Islamic faith to kill people-they are NOT true Muslims-just like Jim Jones was not a Christian. They are idiots who warped a religion as an excuse for bigotry and murder.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:26:48 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Buzzfeed: How Much Do You Know About Islam? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.