Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:14:14 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  70's movie about moss like substance grows in forest and kills people who touch « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 70's movie about moss like substance grows in forest and kills people who touch  (Read 19639 times)
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 01:58:48 PM »

It is probably not, but Swamp Thing? My first guess was also Contamination.7 aka Troll 3, but that came out in 1991.
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 06:55:49 PM »

C'mon, Rayo!  Enough with the suspense, already!  Twirling

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
monstermoviemadness
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 03:09:03 PM »

So I take it I wasn't right and you're welcome for the guesses.
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 05:28:54 PM »

Ray, now I'm curious what movie this shot is from.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 11:24:34 AM »

Ha. Sorry to keep you all in suspense. I guess I was hoping to get word from the OP.
Regardless, the movie I think this could possibly be is called El Invernadero (1983) AKA The Greenhouse.

There are a lot of things that fit: the time period, a guy who works in a greenhouse and transforms into a moss monster by the end, a girl he falls for, plants that kill, suspicious villagers that attack, fire, murder.

That said, there are other things that don't fit. And this is a freaking difficult movie to find. There are bootleg, grey-market dupes out there but you have to know where to look. It's in Spanish but there are English subtitles. Possibly it was dubbed and dumped into drive ins or shown on TV. Either way, it's a rare flick and it has some really compelling overlaps with this mystery moss movie.
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 06:42:52 PM »

Just looked up the film you talked about, and found no info on it. This sure is the rarity! The trailer is on YouTube, but it contains a few of the infamous RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOTs. Now, just to be polite...

NSFW
! No longer available Small | Large

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 01:24:56 AM »

If only I saw this thread earlier. Back when I was making private badmovies.org styled reviews as a hobby, way back before I made an account, I did this one and I hated the film. Absolutely awful, almost as bad as Humanoids from the Deep. At least, I didn't like those two. But you know, opinions and all of that.

I'm trying to find the docx file that had my "review" of it so I could give some input.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 03:50:11 AM »

If only I saw this thread earlier. Back when I was making private badmovies.org styled reviews as a hobby, way back before I made an account, I did this one and I hated the film. Absolutely awful, almost as bad as Humanoids from the Deep. At least, I didn't like those two. But you know, opinions and all of that.

I'm trying to find the docx file that had my "review" of it so I could give some input.

Mentioning Humanoids from the Deep has put me in the mood for a Doug McClure movie marathon. Think I'll start with Warlords Of Atlantis and Humanoids, then move onto The Land That Time Forgot.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2015, 05:47:50 PM »

i THINK you might have it rayo! at least to the first 2 questions!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  70's movie about moss like substance grows in forest and kills people who touch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.