Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:36:33 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  the 10 worst movies you've seen in your life « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: the 10 worst movies you've seen in your life  (Read 40795 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2015, 12:17:52 PM »

THE SOUND OF MUSIC

Wait.  Am I to understand that THE SOUND OF MUSIC is a candidate for your "worst" movies list?

To that I'd say I am a bit surprised. 

The Sound of Music is a special case to me. I actually like much of the music, understand the complexity and depth of the story, and admit that it is a very well done movie. And yet I'd still rather claw my way through a wall than sit and watch it. I've never been able to put my finger on why I feel this way, especially since I love a good musical.

I get it, not so much TSOM, but LAWRENCE OF ARABIA. Great film, cast, cinematography, everything, but I can't stand to watch it after the initial viewing; it's sorta like, "Well, I've seen it....now what?" Not really sure why. DANCES WITH WOLVES does the same thing for me.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2015, 01:30:20 PM »

THE SOUND OF MUSIC

Wait.  Am I to understand that THE SOUND OF MUSIC is a candidate for your "worst" movies list?

I had to go back a couple of pages to see what I had written.  That quote is out of context and not complete.  Me make funny joke, though I am not a fan of THE SOUND OF MUSIC or acronyms like this: TSOM...?  Question 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2015, 03:54:11 PM »

As far as big-budget, blockbuster hits that were really awful, GANGS OF NEW YORK is one of my least favorite films of all time.
Way too long and not enough plot to cover the endless runtime!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2015, 06:34:19 PM »

I was a Tom Green FAN when that came out and even I sat there like... Buggedout

Yeah, same here. It was close to making my list, but ultimately I didn't hate it so much as found it baffling.

As far as big-budget, blockbuster hits that were really awful, GANGS OF NEW YORK is one of my least favorite films of all time.

I don't hate GONY but I had two major problems with it -- 1. the best part is the opening scene and 2. the villain is so much more compelling than the hero that I was left wondering what the point was.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2015, 10:07:35 PM »

I was a Tom Green FAN when that came out and even I sat there like... Buggedout

Yeah, same here. It was close to making my list, but ultimately I didn't hate it so much as found it baffling.

I don't hate GONY but I had two major problems with it -- 1. the best part is the opening scene and 2. the villain is so much more compelling than the hero that I was left wondering what the point was.

Gangs of New York - Bill Killed Sheriff

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2015, 10:18:14 PM »

THE SOUND OF MUSIC
The Sound of Music is a special case to me. I actually like much of the music, understand the complexity and depth of the story, and admit that it is a very well done movie. And yet I'd still rather claw my way through a wall than sit and watch it. I've never been able to put my finger on why I feel this way, especially since I love a good musical.
     I get it, not so much TSOM, but LAWRENCE OF ARABIA. Great film, cast, cinematography, everything, but I can't stand to watch it after the initial viewing; it's sorta like, "Well, I've seen it....now what?" Not really sure why. DANCES WITH WOLVES does the same thing for me.

Boy, that partial quote gets repeated a lot, and I was making a wisecrack.  Though, it's true.   I agree with Derf

ALAN, LAWRENCE OF ARABIA for me is Endlessly Watchable.   TeddyR  Though I understand it's not for everybody. 
Now that DANCES WITH WOLVES... do I really have to look at KEVIN COSTNER's ass...?   Question  Is that supposed to be sexy... or, funny...???  Question  Californian WHITE PEOPLE dream about being NATIVE AMERICAN.  That's hardly the worst movie I've ever seen, but damn, I hate it. 

New thread idea...

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2015, 09:35:10 AM »

6.) Vampires Suck

Might as well list Twilight, too. It's not like they actually changed much to make the parody.

9.) Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

I had mercifully forgotten that one.
They really didn't change much.  One could actually make a "Worst Movies" list comprised entirely of movies by Friedberg and Seltzer and add in Epic Movie, Date Movie, Disaster Movie, Meet the Spartans and Scary Movie.  In fact, the only movie they were involved in I actually liked was Spy Hard and I basically give that a pass due to the involvement of Leslie Nielsen and "Weird Al" Yankovic. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2015, 11:59:55 AM »

For some reason I don't like The Wizard of Oz. I've tried watching this in recent years but I end up ejecting it for some reason, usually within the first 30 minutes.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2015, 03:12:41 PM »

ARTHUR 2 blew gigantic chunks! Trace and I bought ARTHUR and the sequel together, and we both love the original, but we got about twenty minutes into the sequel and just couldn't take it anymore.

I don't think LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and DANCES WITH WOLVES are bad films, but they've said everything they had to say to me in the first go-round. Sadly, a lot of movies Trace really loves fall into this category, so whist she's digging BENNY AND JOON or STEEL MAGNOLIAS for the fifty-lebenth time, I'm sitting there wishing Richard Lynch would show up.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2015, 08:24:56 PM »

f**k the last one-this is an evolving thing-I keep seeing REAL BAD s**t.
I did an ultra mini review of it-just because-I dont really dont know what to say.

ANGEL ANGEL DOWN WE GO (1969)
This has scared me.
I dont me in made me a scardy cat-I mean it SCARED ME.
Like a scar???
It Scared my brain-it was like Inquisition torture.

Actually-its just a REAL awful movie-and if you dont do drugs-well-then start-because this movie will make you wanna stop again!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2015, 08:38:56 PM »

OK-you know what a"scar" is-like when you put your hand threw a glass window -you get a scar on your hand--and "scare" is like BOO!
But how do you you spell I was "scared? Or scared?" I was "scared for life- I was scared for life? Im trying to say scared for life-but-I cant spell it!
WTF were we talking about?

It hurt my brain-it put a mark there-a bad one...I hurt,.I hurt Wendy..I hurt real bad...... Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2015, 02:30:28 PM »

I did an ultra mini review of it-just because-I dont really dont know what to say.

This has scared me.
Like a scar???

Actually-its just a REAL awful movie-and if you dont do drugs-well-then start-because this movie will make you wanna stop again!

I caught part of this one night, back in the late 80's, on a Toronto station; the skip was just right. Before it faded out, I saw this musical number with Lou Rawls, and a bunch of people dressed up like Pilgrims, and some dude singing about how "fat women  need love too."

Took me YEARS to track down what it was....thought I was trippin'.

ANGEL ANGEL DOWN WE GO (1969) "The Fat Song"

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2015, 03:11:50 PM »

This has scared me.
Like a scar???

I caught part of this one night, back in the late 80's, on a Toronto station; the skip was just right. Before it faded out, I saw this musical number with Lou Rawls, and a bunch of people dressed up like Pilgrims, and some dude singing about how "fat women  need love too."

Took me YEARS to track down what it was....thought I was trippin'.

ANGEL ANGEL DOWN WE GO (1969) "The Fat Song"

Someone is submitting a positive review of this movie to my site; the review should run in a couple of weeks. I haven't seen the movie so I can't say. I think he likes it honestly, too, not in a so-bad-it's-good way. He says it compares favorably to BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2015, 05:41:54 PM »

Forgot to add DROP DEAD FRED and LITTLE MONSTERS to my list.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2015, 07:55:33 PM »

OK-you know what a"scar" is-like when you put your hand threw a glass window -you get a scar on your hand--and "scare" is like BOO!
But how do you you spell I was "scared? Or scared?" I was "scared for life- I was scared for life? Im trying to say scared for life-but-I cant spell it!
WTF were we talking about?

It hurt my brain-it put a mark there-a bad one...I hurt,.I hurt Wendy..I hurt real bad...... Bluesad

Ronnie - "scared" is frightened.  "Scarred" is when it left a mark!! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  the 10 worst movies you've seen in your life « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.