Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:56:11 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stuff I seen « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stuff I seen  (Read 8592 times)
Warren H.
« on: February 20, 2001, 10:13:27 PM »

If Chadzilla can do it, so can I.  Having been watching Rankin & Bass's Silver Hawks on cartoon network (3:30 pm, EST) and having it ever so slowly grow on me, I decided to rent SilverHawks: The Movie, from my local video store (it of the amazing and bizarre selection).  Of course, it was three episodes of the show edited together, probably illegally.

The show concerns five people who have most of their bodies cyberneticized to servive in "deep space" and fight the evil Mon*Star and his Space Mob, who drive really cool space limos and have some interesting weapons.
The SilverHawks themselves are so flat and idiotic that they aren't worth talking about.

The first half of the movie details the origin of the SilverHawks, during which we are told about the mob but do not get to see them nor are we shown what they can do.  Do I have to explain how crappy that is?  The SilverHawks are built, two of them have heart trouble.  Plot point?  Hell, no, that would be good writing.  The only concern is, will they still have emotions with artificial hearts?  *cough* More bad writing! *cough*

Later, the SilverHawks fight the Mob for the first time.  Distressingly, the mob's robot is blown up.  Way to kill off the most interesting character right off the bat.  The mob isn't really defeated, but they decide to retreat anyway.

The final episode -- sorry, "Act" I guess -- is pretty good.  Mon*Star and his weapons man, Hardware plan to break into the SilverHawks' fortress and kill their commander.  The rest of the mob is to lure the SilverHawks away so the commander will be alone.  This segment is really funny, especially the part where Hardware's "richocheting rocket" (don't ask) backfires on him, literally.  Oh yeah, and the Hawks get their assess kicked a lot, which is ok by me.

All in all, worth a rental if you can find it and enjoy bad movie cartoons.
Inukko
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2001, 01:21:14 AM »

I used to have Silverhawks action figures as a
kid... didn't know there was a cartoon.  Who was
that guy that looked like a devil?
Warren H.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2001, 12:13:42 PM »

That was Mon*Star, leader of the mob.  Every now and then, he had some great dialouge and a sound plan.  His plans all fell apart, of course, due to no other reason that he COULDN'T win because he was the BAD guy.  Of course, the bad guys had 10000% more personality and were a lot more fun than the good guys. :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stuff I seen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.