Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:46:40 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies the Lead Actors Were Ashamed Of « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Movies the Lead Actors Were Ashamed Of  (Read 17375 times)
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 12:07:02 PM »

Eddie Murphy baffles me... People disliked movies like Meet Dave [2008] or The Adventures of Pluto Nash [2002] that instead I liked.
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 03:52:43 AM »

I also seem to remember Madonna not giving a flying s**t about Who's That Girl?  After it failed at the box office, her only response was a nonchalant, "So it was a flop..."  She then moved on with her life. 

Ben Affleck regrets doing Daredevil.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 04:00:18 AM »

Clooney also apoligized to Sony for Monument Men, which I did not quite understand (the apology, not the movie).

Bill Murray has trashed Garfield a lot as has George Clooney with Batman & Robin (although with Combat Acadamy and Solaris on his credits I think its unfair to single out that one for abuse ;) ).

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 06:56:52 AM »

Sir Alec Guinness hated Star Wars (1977) but the proceeds from it made him financially independent for life.

From Wikipedia:

Guinness was quoted as saying that the royalties he obtained from working on the films gave him "no complaints; let me leave it by saying I can live for the rest of my life in the reasonably modest way I am now used to, that I have no debts and I can afford to refuse work that doesn't appeal to me." In his autobiography, Blessings In Disguise, Guinness tells an imaginary interviewer "Blessed be Star Wars", regarding the income it provided.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:01:13 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 11:14:08 AM »

I've read James Spader did not think highly of STARGATE even when he took it.  Not sure what he thinks now, way after the fact.

FWIW: I LOVED that movie when it first came out.  Still do.  And, I especially dug Spader's characterization of Daniel Jackson.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ChaosTheory

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 02:45:57 PM »

~ Apparently both Juliette Lewis and Quentin Tarantino who attended a screening together disliked Natural Born Killers and both left the theater halfway through and went to a bar instead.

~ Jennifer Connelly used to bash her movie Phenomena on talk shows.

I love Phenomena!
I knew QT spent a lot of time distancing himself from Natural Born Killers (and I don't blame him) but never heard that about him & Juliette Lewis. Tom Sizemore expressed regrets about being in NBK too - not bashing the movie exactly, but he said he always felt bad about the scene where his character murders a hooker.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 02:57:31 PM »

natural born killers got bad rap when it came out.  Having seen it again recently, its pretty tame compared to the violence in today's movies.  Also the movie is satire for those that don't know.

ChaosTheory

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 07:31:16 PM »

It's a satire? OH MY GOD I HAD NO IDEA!!!!!!!!! Well now I magically no longer find it pandering, shallow, unfunny and preachy!! THANK GOD you're here to explain art to us!!

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 09:11:31 PM »

I can think of one that seems to be the opposite:

Raul Julia, a fantastic actor, relishing his role in the crappy Street Fighter movie in 1994, because his kids were fans of the video games/cartoons related to Street Fighter, and he wanted to do this for them personally as they were stoked when they heard a film was being made.  He's the best part of the film.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 11:31:46 PM »

Raul Julia, a fantastic actor, relishing his role in the crappy Street Fighter movie in 1994, because his kids were fans of the video games/cartoons related to Street Fighter, and he wanted to do this for them personally as they were stoked when they heard a film was being made.  He's the best part of the film.

You don't say... Drink

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 12:23:22 AM »

You don't say... Drink

I think it's fair to say Raul Julia is the best part of other films as well.

Perhaps not known as well in the "mainstream," he'd rank as a truly underrated actor in my opinion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
claws
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 03:59:34 AM »

In a last minute decision, Matthew Modine had to switch roles with Michael Keaton in Pacific Heights (1990). The only reason Modine signed up for the movie was because he was promised to play the bad guy, but Keaton got the part instead. Modine wasn't happy about that, and sort of bashed the movie afterwards.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 04:27:19 AM »

I heard that Val Kilmer disowned Top Secret: I can't think why.
Yeah, I laughed my galaxy spanning a$$ off at that flick.

Another consideration: Actors who, like John Carradine happily took what ever pay they could get and had no illusions of doing Shakespear, and maybe some who just never realized what they were doing (Calling Ed Wood).

John Carradine hated VOODOO MAN (1944).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 03:23:44 PM »

I heard that Val Kilmer disowned Top Secret: I can't think why.
Yeah, I laughed my galaxy spanning a$$ off at that flick.

Another consideration: Actors who, like John Carradine happily took what ever pay they could get and had no illusions of doing Shakespear, and maybe some who just never realized what they were doing (Calling Ed Wood).

John Carradine hated VOODOO MAN (1944).

And BILLY THE KID VS DRACULA; I remember him venting about it on The Merv Griffin Show.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 03:27:01 PM »

Tom Selleck probably deleted this from his resume ages ago....

Daughters of Satan 1972

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies the Lead Actors Were Ashamed Of « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.