Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:17:42 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  The 100 Best “B Movies” of All Time « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 100 Best “B Movies” of All Time  (Read 11388 times)
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 23, 2015, 05:44:44 AM »

The 100 Best “B Movies” of All Time...
I am happy to see I saw many of them :D After all; most entertain more that "A movies" we got in the cinemas lately.

Do you like the list? Do you agree? What great movie has been forget?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 08:44:14 AM by etmoviesb » Logged
claws
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 07:29:48 AM »

I'd say quite a few odd choices, lots of familiar titles and some (to me) unknown. Not sure if I'd list Return of the Living Dead, and a few others. Plus, no Showgirls  Wink
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 08:48:25 AM »

There are definitely some strange things... for example, about Braindead (Dead Alive) it is stated:

--Watching this, it’s nearly inconceivable that producers over at New Line said, “Sure, let’s give this guy $300 million to make some fantasy epics, sounds good.”--

Nonsense, watching that movie you see how Jackson was already a genius.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 08:37:20 PM »

Seen 17 out of the 100 or 17%.

Liked 10 out of the 100 or about 60%.

And a number of thoughts.

(1) Of course, the quality of the film varies widely. From extremely well done to grade Z "schlock."

(2) "Best" is the operative word. Of course, not one that I would use in case of every film on that list, but he does bring up some interesting films.

(3) And, of course, if you are in the right mood. . .?! Many of these . . . the "bad" as well as the "good" can be a joy to watch.

More later. When I have more time.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 01:56:54 AM »

I've seen 40 of these films. Some I'd actually consider good films. I enjoyed 35 of the 40 I've seen. They overlooked a bunch from the 1930s and the 1950s, 1960s though.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 03:38:42 AM »

Oy, I have only seen 30 of those.  Buggedout

Nice to see some South African cheese in there too.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 04:43:48 AM »

I have seen 48 of these and own over 20 of them. The rest of my office seems split on wither this is a good thing or not (I say its good, but no one else seems to agree with me lol).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 04:58:42 AM »

They left out the wonder that is Gymkata.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 12:52:07 PM »

Low budget = B Movie.

Good enough, but how do you define low budget? But . . .?! Having said that . . .?!

Here are, I won't say "best," but here are 20 B movies that I enjoyed. Of course, excluding films on the other list, and excluding films on TV (Too many have I see to enumerate them.) But B movies that I have seen in theaters, and there are more than I thought, or have on video.

Arnold
A bad movie, but a good cast, that deserves to be in a better story.

The Beast master
An unexpected hit that gave Marc Singer one of his best roles and spawned a much inferior sequel, a TV series, and a TV movie which I have not seen.

Brave star
An animated film that holds its own against its bigger cousins.

Carnival of Souls
See what one can do when one has a good story.

Dungeons and Dragons (2000)
A much hated film, but one that I actually enjoyed more than the live action "Lord of the Rings." And always put your trust in a man smart enough to carry a boot knife.

Ernest Saves Christmas
Ernest Scared Stupid
Ernest P. Worrell as played by Jim Varney. Who'd have thought a series of TV ads would lead to a film career. "Know what I mean, Vern." Seen most of the films, some of which are just dreck, but the films based on the holidays I found to be not that bad.

House of the Long Shadows
And those four grand old men of horror.

Island of Doctor Moreau
The one with Marlon Brando, but the one with Burt Lancaster and in the climatic battle between the beasts and the beast men one of the biggest and greatest knock down and dragged out fights ever seen on the screen.

Lady Jane
Historically inaccurate, but a lovely romance, and who does not want to see Patrick Stewart before he became Captain Picard.

Lair of the White Worm
An underrated film by an underrated director and screenwriter. The strength of the story lies in the script.

Lion heart
Not the Claude Van Damme one. The other one. Directed by Oscar winner director of "Patton." And with fights stand up no matter how many times I've seen them.

The Phantom Empire
The first and only film I've seen to date with "The Singing Cowboy" Gene Autry. A surprisingly accomplished film.

Primeval
Misleading advertising, but--again--a surprisingly accomplished film.

That's 14 + a half dozen of any of Corman's films and that makes 20.

diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 09:48:37 AM »

I've seen a few of these. Pretty cool list, but I have just one issue:

Am I the only one who gets annoyed whenever I see The Room or Troll 2 near the top of these lists? I've seen plenty where those movies usually make it in the top five or top ten and can't help but feel whoever made the list is just trying to cater to the casual b-movie fans. It's almost as if they feel they'll be scorned if they don't include those particular two just because they've gained popularity in recent years. Though they are well known, I can think of a few movies that are MUCH more worthy of being in the top spots.

I dunno, maybe it's just me.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:57:28 AM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM »

I've seen 16 of them.

I really hated FoodFight, Mac and Me, Poultryguist and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Ińárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  The 100 Best “B Movies” of All Time « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.