Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:25:12 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  An evening with a rapist « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: An evening with a rapist  (Read 13436 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2015, 07:10:53 AM »

Why on earth would your mother invite him over if the girl he raped as a child is still living in the home?
I simply can't fathom her reasoning.  It can't be anything but pure torment for your sister! I think you both
ought to move out!

This!  WHO invites a rapist to stay in the HOME of their victim and thinks that is a GOOD thing???  She is being raped all over again IMO. The monster is invited and welcome in her HOME - so nowhere is safe.   I cannot imagine how awful that must be: the feeling of utter helplessness.   Your mother is a very sick woman.  She needs help and you two need to get OUT.

eta:  And to insist that your sister clean the kitchen in order to welcome your cousin like an honoured guest - !   Wow.  THAT is severely twisted.  The message your mother is sending to your sister is 1) he is more important than she is 2) she deserved what he did and/or 3) that her mother does not believe it happened.   Something is very very wrong there.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:56:34 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2015, 07:57:55 AM »

This!  WHO invites a rapist to stay in the HOME of their victim and thinks that is a GOOD thing???  She is being raped all over again IMO. The monster is invited and welcome in her HOME - so nowhere is safe.   I cannot imagine how awful that must be: the feeling of utter helplessness.   Your mother is a very sick woman.  She needs help and you two need to get OUT.

What Newt said.  Thumbup Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2015, 08:29:17 AM »

Leave. Leave now, and find a safe place.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2015, 11:49:11 AM »

Thanks for the support but please don't say things like that about my mother. As I recall he's only in Minnesota for the home and garden show. Mom wanted to see him while he was in town. I wouldn't call her a sick woman and I'm not mad at her for bringing him here. She didn't bring a rapist to the house just to torment Angie.

I guess she wants things to be the way they were before the rape. But no matter how well we get along with him I'll always look at him with contempt.

I'm going to tell Mom that he's not welcome a second time.

Paquita

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2015, 12:04:38 PM »

Yikes! What a nightmare!

Please do!  Whatever good intentions your mother has, she needs to know that it is not her place to forgive your cousin - it is your sister's.  Even if your sister does forgive him, it should be her decision whether or not he stays.  I don't believe forgiving him needs to include allowing or welcoming him back into your lives.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 12:14:24 PM »

Yikes! What a nightmare!

Please do!  Whatever good intentions your mother has, she needs to know that it is not her place to forgive your cousin - it is your sister's.  Even if your sister does forgive him, it should be her decision whether or not he stays.  I don't believe forgiving him needs to include allowing or welcoming him back into your lives.

Good point. I think I'll talk to Angie in private first.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2015, 07:03:04 PM »

This is what I love about this forum: Despite our vast differences in philosophy, religion, and even taste in movies,
when one of our members is hurting, we are ALL there for him or her.  That is what family should be about, and I
am proud to be a member here. Cheers

A.J., you handled this with class and grace that I doubt I would have.  Glad it's over for now and I hope you are
never put in this situation again.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2015, 07:26:31 PM »

I just found this. You handled the situation with much more restraint then I ever would've been able to.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2015, 07:33:56 PM »

I dint see this thread-this is my first viewing-my God-AJ-your a better man then me-I'm with Trev -I would have killed him-regardless of the circumstances. Filthy evil souless scumbags. His dying would make my imprisonment or death worth it. I would have at least beat the living s**t outta him.
I aint afraid of death myself-and some people SHOULD  die-thats just common knowledge.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 12:16:37 AM »

I guess I he's coming back no matter what. UPS just dropped off twelve boxes of I don't even know what. All I know is that he "sells high-tech equipment" and the boxes are s**t he's selling at the home and garden show.

It's taking up a lot of space in the garage.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2015, 01:46:07 AM »

If hes moving in-you need to get the f**k OUT. I live in Michigan-You can crash at my house for a while. Im serious.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2015, 01:57:50 AM »

If hes moving in-you need to get the f**k OUT. I live in Michigan-You can crash at my house for a while. Im serious.
Even my Mom knows better than that.

Besides, every time we let someone move in it didn't end well. Chris' father, my uncle Randy moved in once with one stipulation: he was not to ever get drunk in our house.

He broke that rule in less than a week. He moved back to Phoenix and drank himself to death.

Mom and Chris became buddies at the funeral I guess. Randy's kids were her entire world back when we lived in Colorado. But after what he did we moved out. What he did was heinous but at least he confessed. Grandma suggested Mom trained Angie to say she was raped and even payed for Chris' lawyer.

Mom and Grandma were always on bad terms but this was the match that burned the bridge down. The next time I saw her she was in a casket. I wish I could bring her back for a few seconds just for her to hear my last goodbye.

"Rot in hell, you old c**t."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:59:53 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2015, 12:35:47 AM »

I guess Mom asked Angie first if it was okay for Chris to stay for dinner. She said yes. That's why Mom allowed this meeting.

He will return for his crap tomorrow. After that I won't see him again. At least not for the foreseeable future.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 10:29:01 AM »

Thanks, guys. It was nice to have words of support, but I don't think he'll be back for a while.

I can't put in to words how much it means to me. Again, thanks.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2015, 01:40:16 AM »

Thanks, guys. It was nice to have words of support, but I don't think he'll be back for a while.

I can't put in to words how much it means to me. Again, thanks.

Cheers

Just one final thing: the stuff he left in your garage. I was going to suggest I have some gasoline and a few matches for that. Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  An evening with a rapist « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.