Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:27 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Around the twist (Australian TV show) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Around the twist (Australian TV show)  (Read 4834 times)
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« on: March 03, 2015, 02:03:52 AM »

It was a kids/young adult show, that played on ABC in Australia. Where there was a family that lived in a light house in a town where strange things happened. And there place seemed to be an hot spot for it. Good show. Bad special effects at times. But memorable. Not sure why us Aussies keep allowing home and away neighbors to be on the air... There are other cool shows. Funding is tough over here away from the city off angels though and in the land off everything wants too kill us, Including the plants and weather.

I am probs going to an ABC store to acquire a copy. Or torrent it. I am Gen why. Don't judge me :P

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 03:08:07 AM »

I remember this show being on in the UK and now I have the theme tune stuck in my head lol.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 06:41:17 AM »

Small | Large

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:34:35 AM »

Loved Round the Twist!  Quite 'off-the-wall'.  Great theme song.  In Canada it was awarded Best Children's Program in 2000.

"Round the Twist is notable for having pushed the boundaries of what is acceptable for children's television, to the extent that the Australian Children's Television Foundation had difficulty finding a distributor for it: according to the ACTF's marketing Manager Jenny Buckland, "the scripts were declared 'too rude', 'not for television' and 'outrageous'".

Some episodes include references to flatulence, defecation, urination, body odor, underwear, birth, death, nudity, incest, and genitalia. However these are all used for comic effect, and the series also engages with significant personal or social issues such as environmental conservation, or relations with the opposite sex. Many episodes revolve around helping restless spirits of dead people or animals find peace." - from wikipedia.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 08:54:16 AM »

Some episodes include references to flatulence, defecation, urination, body odor, underwear, birth, death, nudity, incest, and genitalia. However these are all used for comic effect, and the series also engages with significant personal or social issues such as environmental conservation, or relations with the opposite sex. Many episodes revolve around helping restless spirits of dead people or animals find peace." - from wikipedia.

Huh...kinda makes me think there be a strong anime influence down yonder.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
dean

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 06:55:02 AM »

I used to love this show just because it was that good amount of surreal craziness.

Fun fact: my old housemate auditioned for the role of 'Bronson' the red haired kid.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 07:29:36 AM »

Some episodes include references to flatulence, defecation, urination, body odor, underwear

So why didn't they ask me to audition? I would have aced it.  Buggedout Wink Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 03:13:41 PM »

Some episodes include references to flatulence, defecation, urination, body odor, underwear

So why didn't they ask me to audition? I would have aced it.  Buggedout Wink Wink

What is needed is an South African remake.

Always, or mostly always, enjoy shows made for foreign audiences, such as this, which I did see a few episodes, and I enjoyed it.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 08:36:29 AM »

I really loved that show, but the only episode I can seem to remember is when the boy dried his underpants in the microwave.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 05:38:16 PM »

I really loved that show, but the only episode I can seem to remember is when the boy dried his underpants in the microwave.

That wouldn't work for me, as all my underpants are edible and made out of chocolate. They'd just melt in the microwave.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Around the twist (Australian TV show) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.