Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:43:54 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  YIKES! Tom Savini to remake NIGHTMARE CITY! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: YIKES! Tom Savini to remake NIGHTMARE CITY!  (Read 3196 times)
major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 03, 2015, 10:34:08 AM »

I love the idea, but I wish Lenzi was directing it instead of Tom. Nevertheless it's nice to have another bad movie being remade, and also great to see that Savini is handling the special effects.

Nightmare City - Indiegogo Promo

http://www.horrorsociety.com/2015/03/02/tom-savini-to-remake-umberto-lenzis-nightmare-city-crowd-funding-currently-underway/
Monstaworx Entertainment is proud to announce that together with the legendary King Of Splatter & Gore TOM SAVINI we are currently developing the spectacular remake of Umberto Lenzi’s horror cult classic NIGHTMARE CITY, with several other legends of horror attached to the project.
When a mutated Ebola & Leprosy virus spreads from Haiti to Miami starts turning people into terrifying, bloodthirsty creatures, a small group of survivors must escape from the City Of The Walking Dead.
Just like George Romero’s ‘Dawn Of The Dead‘, Umberto Lenzi’s ‘NIGHTMARE CITY‘ is a milestone of the zombie genre and 1980’s horror cinema. Lenzi’s work has had a big influence upon modern horror movies such as the 2004 ‘Dawn Of The Dead‘, ‘28 Days Later‘ and ‘Word War Z’, and filmmakers such as Eli Roth and Quentin Tarantino, who confess to being big fans of Lenzi and ‘Nightmare City‘.
The remake will be directed by the King of Splatter & Gore TOM SAVINI who already proved with the critically acclaimed remake of George A. Romero’s ‘Night of The Living Dead’ (1990) that he knows how to create a dignified, thrilling remake of a cult classic. Savini will not only direct the remake, he will also be Special Effects & Makeup Supervisor and actor. Together with the best creative talents from his Special FX academy in Pittsburgh he will guarantee stunning makeup and special effects and will give horror fans what they desperately demand and miss in current horror movies – impressive practical effects and gallons of blood instead of cheap CGI effects.
Umberto Lenzi 2The director of the cult original himself, the Italian maestro of horror and gore, UMBERTO LENZI, will be associate producer of the remake. Oscar nominated DEAN CUNDEY, one of the world’s best cinematographers, who worked on many films of John Carpenter (‘The Thing‘,‘Halloween‘,‘The Fog‘, ‘Escape From New York‘), is in talks to be Director of Photography.
We’re also in talks with several popular actors and stars of the horror genre.
NIGHTMARE CITY won’t be a simple horror movie or remake, it will be a movie with a social message, based on real life events and threats, this will make the movie more intense and more terrifying. The movie will also be a tribute to the suspenseful horror classics of the 1970s and 1980s such as George Romero’s ‘Night Of The Living Dead‘ and ‘Dawn Of The Dead‘, Lucio Fulci’s ‘Zombie‘, or John Carpenter’s ‘The Fog‘. Parts of the profits will be donated to the Ebola response work of Doctors Without Borders and toThe Leprosy Mission international.
NIGHTMARE CITY will also be an INTERACTIVE CROWD-PRODUCTION – from fans for fans and with fans: We have also launched a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to give fans the great chance to support the film and become a big part of the movie as a Crowd-Producer! Supporters will get the big chance to visit the film sets, be a part of the cast and crew, get cool rewards, win great prizes, be in the movie and work and act together with stars and legends of horror!

claws
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 12:21:42 PM »

Bad idea. This will go straight to DVD most likely.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 02:06:51 AM »

At least the makeup FX will be a whole lot better.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 08:29:01 AM »

So a new 'updated' version based on the Ebola scare? Meh...

You just know it won't be a patch on the unhinged randomness of the og. they've been pipped to the post regarding the storyline too...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4207094/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 09:40:07 AM »

At least the makeup FX will be a whole lot better.  Smile

but the pizza-face make-up f/x is legendary  Bluesad
major jay

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 10:11:00 AM »

Yeah, it looks like it could be a 'mail it in and make some cash off of the original's name remake'. But I'm gonna hold out hope that everyone involved does it with some f**king passion and balls and we end up getting something totally unexpected and off the wall insane. *fingers crossed*
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:15:05 AM by major jay » Logged

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 08:18:19 AM »

No doubt, might've sounded a bit harsh there. but movies that try to attach themselves to 'topical' issues just come off a bit contrived to me. Wasn't there was one about the large hadron collider thingy recently?

But yeah who knows. Shouldn't judge till I've seen it I guess

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 10:42:58 AM »

I just found out about this and was about to post the same news...haha. If I had the money to burn I would gladly donate to the Indiegogo thingy.

As much as I love the original, a less goofy, gorier 21st century remake could be a lot of fun too.

(although to be fair, the original wasn't goofy on purpose, it just turned out that way...haha.)

I celebrated the news last night by watching my piece-of-crap dollar store DVD of the original for the umpteenth time!  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
voltron

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 08:36:28 PM »

YAWN. What made original so fun was the flat out low budget insanity. Lenzi NAILED it ! This was a Bad - Awesome flick. Remakes depress the hell out of me and p**s me off even though I avoid them like the plague. Why doesn't Tom remake The Ripper instead?  TongueOut

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
major jay

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 10:40:08 AM »

Lou Ferrigno? Fug that, how about signing up Hugo Stigliz. He's still alive and kicking. (as far as I know)

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  YIKES! Tom Savini to remake NIGHTMARE CITY! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.