Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:28:44 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Atlantic Rim « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlantic Rim  (Read 3811 times)
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« on: March 05, 2015, 10:16:12 AM »

Working from home. Letting Atlantic Rim play in the background. Pretty tragically bad, so far. About what you'd expect.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 10:23:37 AM »

My gawd, this script is 80% filler.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 11:07:48 AM »

The director is in love with power walks.

Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »

That was pretty painful.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 02:11:33 PM »

I always thought the rim around the Atlantic was called the shore?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »

My gawd, this script is 80% filler.

Heck, I could have told you that Asylum flicks are heavy on carbs. Twirling

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 07:01:00 PM »

This movie really made me aware of what my issue with a lot of The Asylum's films.  Its not that their cash-ins on popular movies, that's been around long before them.  Its that some of their movies have interesting ideas that they don't follow up on.  Either because of poor planning or maybe just playing it too safe.

Take this film, for example.  Early in the film we see the hero and the main female character coming out of a bar.  Soon after, they are at a party and she makes a remark that he's still drinking.  I though him over coming his alcoholism could be part of the film.  Imagine a drunk power ranger.  That had possibility.  But its never brought up again.  Also they hinted at the best friend and the woman having an affair and she was going to leave the main character for the friend (I really should look up the characters' names, but that would require me to open another tab on my browser).  Again, the idea isn't explored at all after that scene.

I did like the part with the whale. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 10:20:17 PM »

This movie really made me aware of what my issue with a lot of The Asylum's films.  Its not that their cash-ins on popular movies, that's been around long before them.  Its that some of their movies have interesting ideas that they don't follow up on.  Either because of poor planning or maybe just playing it too safe.

Take this film, for example.  Early in the film we see the hero and the main female character coming out of a bar.  Soon after, they are at a party and she makes a remark that he's still drinking.  I though him over coming his alcoholism could be part of the film.  Imagine a drunk power ranger.  That had possibility.  But its never brought up again.  Also they hinted at the best friend and the woman having an affair and she was going to leave the main character for the friend (I really should look up the characters' names, but that would require me to open another tab on my browser).  Again, the idea isn't explored at all after that scene.

Yeah, there's no character development at all.

Similarly, the girl's bot had a gratuitous system failure early in the film, which leads you to suspect that problems with system reliability will be ongoing issues to deal with, but they never come up again as a real threat.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:22:23 PM by Ted C » Logged

Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 01:43:56 PM »

I really should look up the characters' names, but that would require me to open another tab on my browser

Red, Jim, and Tracey (in case of future discussion)

Red: Does he have a drinking problem or not?
Jim: What kind of post-traumatic stress is he hiding?
Tracey: Is she trying to leave Red for Jim or not?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:48:05 PM by Ted C » Logged

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Atlantic Rim « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.