Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:33:05 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  favorite mockumentaries « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: favorite mockumentaries  (Read 3861 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« on: March 18, 2015, 10:09:42 PM »

When they are done right it's glorious, when not....well let's not discuss that.

Mine are This is Spinal Tap, Best in Show and A Mighty Wind.

What are your favorite mockumentaries?

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
dean

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 02:09:09 AM »

Best recent one is by far 'what we do in the shadows'

Vampires, werewolves and New Zealand humor just works so well. So far it's my comedy of the year.

Small | Large

An old favorite of mine is Norwegian film 'Get Ready to be Boysvoiced' which is about a European Boy Band. The songs are great though it certainly doesn't have the polish of similar films like Spinal tap. Still a fun watch and free on YouTube!

Small | Large

(This song is just silly below)

Small | Large

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:30:17 AM »

Best recent one is by far 'what we do in the shadows'

Vampires, werewolves and New Zealand humor just works so well. So far it's my comedy of the year.

http://youtu.be/Cv568AzZ-i8

An old favorite of mine is Norwegian film 'Get Ready to be Boysvoiced' which is about a European Boy Band. The songs are great though it certainly doesn't have the polish of similar films like Spinal tap. Still a fun watch and free on YouTube!

http://youtu.be/6VKBcRFBxAE

(This song is just silly below)

http://youtu.be/dyJ4RRCI7tE

Funny, when I saw this thread my thought was, "I'm going to tell them about WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS."

Also, Guy Maddin's MY WINNIPEG, though it's a special case and won't appeal to everyone. You have to have a very strange sense of humor to get the joke.

Small | Large

SPINAL TAP and BORAT are probably the best.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 07:47:08 AM »

Not a movie, but Comic Strip presents....... Was a show here in the UK and two episodes were Bad News and More Bad news, following a metal band on tour. It starred the brilliant Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson (Bottom & Young Ones). If you are a fan of Spinal Tap (of which it pre-dates) then you will love this.

I also really enjoyed Man Bites Dog. It's nasty but engaging.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 02:35:58 PM »

In addition to the ones mentioned above, I think WAITING FOR GUFFMAN is a hilarious look at a small-town theater group.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 07:56:10 PM »

In addition to the ones mentioned above, I think WAITING FOR GUFFMAN is a hilarious look at a small-town theater group.

agreed. chris guest is absolutely hilarious in this. how did he get so gay?!

A Mighty Wind is awesome too, probably the best one that ensemble did imo.

The Rutles - All You Need Is Cash is pretty good.

Borat and Bruno were both great but I don't really see them as mockumentaries because real people were involved/pranked

TV wise the original uk version of The Office. couldn't get into the US version, too cosy and 'wacky' for my taste, original version is harsh!

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 04:29:58 AM »

Most of the news, does it count? Nahh.. it is not well done.

This one is good though... Was the destruction of the Death Star an inside job?
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 06:34:14 AM »

I would have said INCIDENT AT LOCH NESS, but after this week DIGGING UP THE MARROW gets top slot!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Archivist

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 08:12:57 PM »

One of my favourites is an Australian production that involved a government conspiracy, the atomic bomb, quantum physics and the disappearance of some people.  It was called The Einstein (something), either Conspiracy or Factor.  It screened on ABC TV in the early 90's, on April Fools Day.  I wish I could see it again, it was promoted as a real doco by the ABC.

edited to add:

Thanks to the power of the internet, I've just discovered that it was called The Einstein Codes, but was also broadcast under the name The Fifth Force.  It was produced by Channel 7, not ABC as I thought, and was screened in 1993.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:50:51 PM by Archivist » Logged

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 01:21:55 AM »

Peter Jackson made a mockmentary called Forgotten Silver about a pioneer filmmaker who used colour film and sound before any of these were ever invented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_Silver

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  favorite mockumentaries « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.