Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:30:27 PM
714221 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SCOOBY DOO : Live action horror! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: SCOOBY DOO : Live action horror!  (Read 4991 times)
Flangepart
« on: May 10, 2002, 11:28:35 AM »

OH.....my....God. I saw the Scooby Doo Trailer on T.V. last night. I hated the toon....i'll want to see it live with a toon dog? I don't think so! Who's frikken idea was this!? WHAT WERE YOU PEOPLE THINKING? Sorry....sorry....got to watch the "ol blood pressure..........(Whimper). Okey....get a hold of yerself, mike. Its just a movie, its just a movie. With live people interacting with a still cartoon dog. A dog who talks with a speech impediment. Hello? Are there any active braincells in Hollywood i can talk to? Just one? What is the matter with you people? Okey...let it go...I still love life...i still love my friends and famliy...i still only BB gun cats when i have to........Ah, HA! The Drexell is showing Gamera 3 this weekend! On the big screen! There is hope! I...can...Liiiiiiiiive! I'm feeling much better now.
Vincent Price
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2002, 01:53:06 PM »

I saw the poster a few months back. Sara Michelle Gellar dressed in pink. Excuse me while I vomit.
Honestly, nobody liked the toon. Why would anyone want to make that movie, let alone see it???
Offthewall
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2002, 02:26:33 PM »

when we say the toon.

Do we mean the cartoon or the idea of a cartoon/computer animated dog in a live action film?

I liked the cartoon but I had the idea of a cartoon dog in the movie.
raj
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2002, 03:56:16 PM »

I liked the original Scooby-Doo.  Each cartoon was a perfect b-movie, with cheesy plots and cheesy villians.  Just pray they don't bring back that evil, vile, disgusting, horrible "thing" Scrappy-Doo.  I'm not going to hold my breath that it'll be any good.

And why does Hollywood keep insisting on bringing 60's & 70s tv shows to the big screen.  I think Dragnet was the only decent one, that made a profit. (The Fugitive too.)  The Flintstones was horrible, I heard--no way I was going to see that.  Of course hardly anyone in Hollywood has a good idea anymore, but after enough of these turkeys you'd think they'd give up.  What's next, "My mother, the Car?" Yikes.
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2002, 04:54:37 PM »

The first few seasons of it.  H&B had a nasty habit of tinkering with their toons, so the show lots some of its magic (well, a lot of it) when celebrity guests like Jonathan Winters, Don Knotts, and Jerry Reed showed up to help Fred, Daphne, Velma, and Shaggy solve the mystery.  But early in on it had a geeky gothic charm.

I only started to loathe Scooby when that mutt Scrappy showed up, completely killed it for me.  Talk about a waste of ink.

The new movie series is a hoot to, it's like watching the original series, only the ghosts are real.

As for the movie...it looks stupid and no one in my family wants to see it.  Which surprises me, since my eight year old son LOVES Scooby and the Gang.  That alone should tell you something.

And what's wrong with human's interacting with cartoons?  Gene Kelly danced with Jerry the Mouse (or was he Tom) from Tom & Jerry!
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2002, 05:17:17 PM »

Don't forget the Harlem Globetrotters

Tom was the cat, Jerry the Mouse.  Although I can't recall Jerry ever being mentioned by name, and Tom was usually called "Thomas"
C. Hill
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2002, 08:19:32 PM »

Don't forget the one where Cass Elliot got trapped in the haunted candy factory.  Very very strange.

Yes, I also hated Scrappy with a vengeance.  I think every other red-blooded American did too.
I only need to words to describe why I will not see this movie.  Matthew.  Lillard.
J.R.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2002, 01:08:46 AM »

Scrappy was oozing charisma next to Scooby's retard hillbilly cousin. Aw, Shucks, Scoob! Was anyone, ANYONE asking for this movie? No one wants to see it, and no one has ever wanted to see it. Hopefully it will at least reference many of the subversive elements from the show- Shaggy being a stoner, both Fred and Velma being gay, etc. Honestly, what straight man would wear a white sweater with an orange scarf? And he always went into dark basements and dungeons with that total fox Daphne and didn't try anything! And Shaggy was not only a user, he was a dealer. How else could they fund their cross-country trips to rock and roll concerts and relatives' mansions when none of them had jobs? The absolute weirdest guest star episodes were with the Three Stooges and Batman and Robin. The Harlem Globetrotters was a great toon, though. That's one I wouldn't mind seeing on the big screen. The dude with the huge fro that contains everything hey could ever need was the best.
Squishy
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2002, 04:46:37 AM »

Just wait. If you haven't seen the full trailer--as opposed to the "Batman" teaser that ran on TV, go to http://apple.com/trailers and check it out. They're playing it like the "Brady Bunch" movies: characters from "then" transplanted directly to "now" and doing "unwholesome" things like getting drunk and making turd jokes. Oh, my, yes--that'll win kudos from BOTH sides of the "love it/hate it" controversy, won't it?  

*obnoxious fart noise*

South Park did an excellent spoof of Scooby-Doo, featuring Korn as the Mystery Machine gang.
Squishy
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2002, 05:29:33 AM »

http://trailers.warnerbros.com/

...actually, Apple still has the "Batman" teaser--the address above will lead you to the full one. Yuck.
Drezzy
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2002, 09:59:19 AM »

I actually heard that Matthew Lillard is the only reason TO see this movie. He has Shaggy down to a T...or would be a LEAF? HAHAHAHA!!! I KILL MYSELF~!~

And, for one, I liked Scrappy...when he got his ass kicked.

Heh, I always loved the toon. Got a Shaggy shirt with the word "ZOINKS!" on it and a talking Shaggy doll...I'm a big Scooby-Doo fan. BUT I will not see this movie, unless it's on TV (HBO, Starz, whatever).
Flangepart
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2002, 11:45:07 AM »

Both, i'm afraid. Though the latter because it's Scooby Doo.  The olny Toon and live action i remember likeing is Rodger Rabbit. And that because of Bob Hoskin performance.
Flangepart
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2002, 11:52:08 AM »

Whoa, struck a nerve! Sorry, but this toon always bugged me. End of story. Hope to see the Adult Swim "Harvy Birdman,Att. at Law" where Shaggy and Scoob get busted as dealers. That i'd like to see! Also, Dr Demento hase been plating the Arrogant Worms new CD, and one of the bits is about Scooby Doo. Funny! Catch it if you can.
Akira Tubo
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2002, 02:28:22 PM »

Damn it!  Velma was not a lesbian!
raj
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2002, 02:45:02 PM »

No problem, we've all got different tastes.  The only Scooby-Doos I like were the original, when it was just the five of them.  No Scrappy, no guest stars, no hillbilly cousin.  Of course I watched those shows when I was young and didn't know any better and the cartoons on the other channels sucked.

Never (originally) pictured Velma as a lesbian, but back then I didn't know such things existed, we certainly didn't hear about that on tv.  Always figured that she and Shaggy had hooked up, but that they didn't show any public displays of affection.  Did enjoy the new movies on Cartoon network.  Still skeptical about the live action movie.

For funny comments on Scrappy, go to jumpedtheshark.  My favorite:  "Christ I hate that friggin' puppy"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SCOOBY DOO : Live action horror! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.