Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:39:21 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SCOOBY DOO : Live action horror! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SCOOBY DOO : Live action horror!  (Read 4934 times)
john
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2002, 06:14:54 PM »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the horrible spin-off(?) from Scooby Doo; Dynomutt.
The Bard
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2002, 02:45:32 AM »

Hey, he's not that bad, as long as you don't watch any of his Freddie Prinze movies. Go pick up Hackers for 4 bucks, he's great as cereal killer.
Babydoll
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2002, 03:13:19 PM »

I like original Scooby Doo cartoons.  It is the people in "Hollywood" who cannot come up with any original ideas for movies.  It is the "Baby Boomers" who are trying to re-live their youth by bring back the shows they loved to watch while they were growing up.  

The "Baby Boomers" are destroying every classic cartoon and TV show by bring it to the big screen.  The "Baby Boomers" will destroy what they can to help them get rich or make them feel happy.  

It will get worst before it will get better.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2002, 04:38:48 PM »

Nah.  The Baby Boomers are a little old for Scooby Doo.  Their average age would be 50+.

If you want to blame a generation, and I think you do, blame Generation X.  Thirty something slackers who find themselves entrenched in secure positions in the Hollywood movie-making machine.

Not that I care.  They can rape Scooby Doo as much as they want.  I'm not a big fan of the show.  Just as long as I don't have to listen to stoner kids tell me Shaggy was high all the time.  That may be so, but he was a vegetarian too.  Why don't they talk about that for a while?

Although if you can find it, you should watch the Scooby Doo/Blair Witch parody that was on Cartoon Network a while back.  That was pretty funny.
jmc
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2002, 08:37:11 AM »

I also dug the Pulp Fiction parody that they were doing for a while there.

Yep, it's definitely Generation X's fault!  And I can say that because I am one.

I think Scooby-Dumm predated Scrappy by quite a bit.   I doubt I'll bother to see the movie, even though I'm a Scooby fan from way back.  I heard Matthew Lillard on the radio promoting the movie and he definitely has Shaggy's voice down.
Babydoll
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2002, 10:17:54 AM »

If it is Generation X's fault then how do we account for these movies : The Adam's Family, Dennis the Menace, The Fugitive, etc?
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2002, 11:01:01 AM »

People should learn from Bill Watterson
J.R.
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2002, 12:41:31 PM »

Matt Lillard's pretty good when he plays what he is- a freaky guy. SLC Punk!, Hackers, Shaggy. Hopefully this movie has the best scenes from the cartoons- Shag and Scoob's downright revolutionary ways of making sandwiches.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2002, 01:06:48 PM »

Babydoll wrote:
>
> If it is Generation X's fault then how do we account
> for these movies : The Adam's Family, Dennis the Menace, The
> Fugitive, etc?

Well, yes, those shows would be the fault of baby boomers.

SCOOBY DOO would be the fault of Generation X.

But really, it's no generation's fault, just the fault of uncreative people who want to make bundles of money.

For the record, I like the Addam's Family movies.
BlackAngel
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2002, 04:33:06 AM »

I told you so, Flange.
Flangepart
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2002, 02:19:25 PM »

Um....what was that, exactly, B.A.. Realy....did i miss something? Just asking.
AndyC
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2002, 10:19:24 PM »

A couple of things bugged me about the Addams family movies. My opinions are based on the first movie, having learned my lesson after that. First, they tried to make it hip. Second, they messed with the family too much, including changing Fester from Morticia's uncle to Gomez' Brother. Third, no actor has done justice to Lurch since the late Ted Cassidy. Finally, it has that stupid formulaic plot involving a couple of unscrupulous people conspiring to get their hands on the Addams fortune, in much the same way a couple of unscrupulous people tried to get their hands on the Clampett fortune, Mr. Slate's money, the Brady house, etc.

I think the problem is that nobody is content with just bringing the story and the characters to the big screen as we all remember them. They have to update everything, and give it an angle, add some excitement, and beat people over the head with cameos and references to the old show.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2002, 04:11:24 PM »

>changing Fester from Morticia's uncle to Gomez' Brother.

I assumed that he was called "Uncle Fester" because that's the way the kids referred to him and so the parents just called him that.  

Given the unusual Addams family tree, who's to say that he's not both Gomez' brother and Morticia's uncle anyway?

>it has that stupid formulaic plot involving a couple of unscrupulous people conspiring to get their hands on the Addams fortune

Wasn't that the premise of a few of the old TV shows as well?
BlackAngel
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2002, 04:59:37 AM »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the "Lord of the Rings" thread.  Look it up.
Jim Brown
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2002, 04:23:10 AM »

I think most of these sterotypes about the drugs & the lesbianism were made popular by the "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back"movie.

& going by the commercial I've seen of the movie.

I would call Scooby "Animated"not a toon like Roger Rabbit.

I loved the original cartoons.Before they brought on losers like Harlem Globe trotters.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SCOOBY DOO : Live action horror! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.