Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:01:55 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your first post. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your first post.  (Read 7930 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 08:08:27 AM »

My first post was August of 2011, in the "Recent Movie Purchases" thread:

My most recent purchase was the 2009 "remake/reboot" (whatever you want to call it) of "Friday the 13th" ... it was in the bargain bin @ the supermarket and was only five bucks so I went "ehhhhh, what the hell."

For five bucks, it wasn't a bad watch. If I'd paid more than that I might not be so charitable.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
dean

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 08:09:29 AM »

Ah, mine is silly. It was in a topic Ash started about sneaking food into the cinema back in July 2003.

it may not be too creative or outrageous, but bringing in a bottle of good old bundaberg rum and a two litre bottle of coke was a particularly interesting experience.   the guys behind us [who had brought in a box of icecreams from the local supermarket] gave us some of their booty in exchange for some of our concoction.  then to top it off we proceeded to play a drinking game where we all had a good drink every time a corny/unrealistic/just-looking-for-an excuse moment came up.

seeing that we were watching die another day at the time, it's no wonder we got fairly 'merry' by the time the credits came up.

note: when i watched the film again in a slightly more coherant frame of mind, i decided that it was worth the $2 i got it for on dvd.

So yeah, rather inglorious but teenage me stands by the claim to this day.

I also note there was briefly an imposter dean with a properly spelled Capital 'D' who posted before me. Needless to say my laziness in choosing a proper name in my excitement to post about sneaking alcohol into the cinema really has defined my last 12 or so years here right?

Buggedout

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 08:49:21 AM »

Answering a question on the film  EVOLUTION'S CHILD. And then I went and reported myself to the mods *facepalm*

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 09:38:43 AM »

Oh, the horror....the horror. Well, as the poet said /so long hope,your chance is past-goodby my mind, its been a blast!/

Huh...My response to MY MOTHER THE SPACE SHUTTLE VS. GILLIGANS ASTEROID. Wow...I have no idea what fired that baby up...but it looks interesting.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 12:24:46 PM »

July 2004:
Hi folks,
I have been wracking my brain about a film I saw in my childhood.  It was on HBO a LOT in about 1982.   Here is what I recall...
It is an "Enter the Dragon" clone about some guy making a Kung Fu army on a secret Island.  He  hasa good organization with a good infrastructure.   Every "set" of guys has their own color-coded jumpsuits, menials one color, fighters one color, etc.
So a team of fighters in infiltrated, sort of "Mission Impossible" style.  The lead has to convince his buddies to come in.  One has lost his nerve, as well as several other fighters of different styles and ethnicities (I once thought Jim Kelly was in it, but now I think not).   
I also recall the baddies taking some drug, and it eventually sends them into fits.  There is a scene where a guy spills diesel all over himeslf and his car during one of the fits.  It ends with the usual tournament stuff, with several of our heroes dying etc. 

I'm sorry this is so vague, but we're talking memories dredged up from the 4th grade here.    Any help would be appreciated.

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 01:26:37 PM »

Mine was from July 2007:

B Movies have been a guilty pleasure of mine since I was a teenager.  Lookingup  I try to stay away from the really raunchy ones now, but there is nothing like a badly-written, low-budget horror film with an untalented cast to make me break out into torrents of laughter!!!

I have surfed thru some of this forum (not all, that would take a week or more!) over the last couple of days, and I have noticed two of my all-time favorite "Golden Turkey" choices that no one has mentioned, so I thought I would throw them out for consideration by the learned members of this august panel. Twirling

First of all, perhaps the dumbest, funniest, and all around most awful martial arts/fantasy/sci-fi film EVER made, "The Lost Empire."  I'm not sure what year it was made, I first saw it along about 1985 or so and had a copy on VHS for years, until my VCR ate it.  This movie had it all:
- a large female cast whose IQ was smaller than their bra size Buggedout
- a mysterious medallion with supernatural powers Question
- a prison riot and fight at an all-women's penitentary Wink
- the cheesiest dialect of all time  ("I'll murderize ya!" shrieked the severed head of one villain) hot
- a fat bald guy with disappearing and re-appearing bushy eyebrows Question
- and the best line ever, from a ditzy blonde who has just smashed a tarantula that crawled into her bead, revealing that its insides were made of wire and gizmos: "I hate Robot Spiders!!" Question

Trust me, if you haven't seen this one, you need to!

Then there is an incredible gem that is simply the worst movie I have ever seen,
"Ninja Bachelor Party".  Although this film never actually features a bachelor party, its incredibly dumb plot (Charlie, a recovering teenage Robutussin addict,  Question loses his girlfriend to the leader of a local bicycle gang, and goes to Korea to learn to become a Ninja and defeat the evil bicycle gang leader, who also happens to teach the local karate school) is enhanced by the fact that the whole thing is shot with a camcorder by two high school kids, and that they actually dubbed in their own voices for all the characters!  That, and the Korean Ninja Master is an American teenager in a coolie hat with a white cardboard moustache about a foot wide glued to his upper lip.  I LOVE this movie! How it made it into the video stores I will never know. Question

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 11:34:06 PM »

April 10, 2007, responding to a thread RCMerchant started about BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS

Watched this the other night on IFC; fast moving trash.  Good or bad, it's certainly unforgettable!

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113633.msg138281.html#msg138281

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 06:36:31 AM »

lol this is a funny thread.

Im suprised no one has said VAN HALEN 3. personally I think its  okay.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 07:26:10 PM »

Mine was back in 07.  It was in a thread about the tv show power rangers.  This is what I put:

"I watched Power Rangers for quite a few years.  From it's debut until early 1999.  At about that time, they pretty much finished up 6 years worth of storylines by killing Zordon (the big floating head.)  I still watch it from time to time.

It was a bad show, but that gave it it's appeal.  They tried to use the Japanese footage.  "

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 08:57:58 PM »

this movie is so bad, that, to me, Manos is better. Why, you con clearly see that the "eye creatures" have a heavy duty zipper in the back, they wear regular shoes, and one of them is wearing a dress. What the flip side of the head?! also, look at the sky, part time it's day time should be night time. One more thing, how can smooching teens still be making out in the movie's time? The movie starts out with them and during the movie, they are still making out!

From when I saw Attack of the the Eye Monsters, still one of the most annoying movies I've seen.

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 11:48:23 PM »

lol this is a funny thread.

Im suprised no one has said VAN HALEN 3. personally I think its  okay.
I dint know you were that guy! I didnt equate "Depressed Crack AddicT" and you as the same person! You been here longer than me!
That aint saying much-I came in late in the game.Ash,Derf-Scott-soooo many folks-I miss Scott. I miss Sister Grace. I miss Susan! I miss Menard.I miss Cheezefliks-I dunno-I mighty spelt that wrong-I called him Cheezy-help me out here Indy!
I am glad lotsa old timers are still here-actually-I love the new folks too-keeps it fresh!
I love you all!!!  Cheers
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:54:30 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 11:29:14 AM »

I didnt equate "Depressed Crack AddicT" and you as the same person!

heh...probably a good thing. No idea where that name even came from tbh. changed it after a couple of years.

There was a 'racist melon farmer' posted here for a while, lol

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »

From Recent Movie Purchases.

I've bought Robot Monster, Bride of the Monster, Glen or Glenda, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Hobgoblins, Leonard Part 6, Manos: The Hands of Fate, and Santa Claus Conquers the Martains all within the past year.

Sadly since that time I had get rid of my copy of Hobgoblins as it arrived damaged as hell and barely managed to play, and I got along to watching it after the date to return damaged goods passed.  Bluesad

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 07:31:36 PM »

From a thread about recasting /remaking classic bad movies.  I still stand by some of my choices.

I've given thought to the remake of Manos: the Hands of Fate  Please forgive any spelling mistakes.

Torgo:  Vince Vaugn (Wedding Crashers)  He always looks like he spent the night drinking.  Perfect for Torgo

The Master:  Sam Neil (Jurassic Park)  I think he's a great actor who doesn't get enough roles in movies

The Husband Michael:  Greg Kanier (Talk Soup,Mystery Men) Micheal was overconfident, smarmy but ultimatly and ineffective dolt.  Tha'ts every charachter Greg Kanier ever played.

The Wife:  Sela Ward  An attreactive older woman, about Greg's age.  Doesn't make much sense if she was much younger.

Daughter:  Dakota Fanning:  Simpley because she is really the only big child actor right now. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 01:33:53 AM »

There was a 'racist melon farmer' posted here for a while, lol

True: also that weird dude from South Africa - called himself Tevo or something like that.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your first post. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.