Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:21:43 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend (1985) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend (1985)  (Read 2742 times)
claws
« on: April 07, 2015, 04:07:42 AM »

American scientist couple in Africa come across a family of Brontosaurs. Soon enough they must protect the baby brontosaur from the evil clutches of greedy scientists.

Not really a typical bad movie but still far from great. This is a disjointed oddity actually, produced by Disney and released through their (back then) newly created Touchstone Pictures outlet. I guess the intention was a family & kid friendly adventure ala Romancing The Stone (1984), hence the PG rating. However, this crude fantasy is neither appealing to kids or adults. The animatronic dinosaurs look way too fake / unrealistic Disney-cute. There is questionable violence and other stuff borderlining R-Rated territory: bloody gut stabbing, arrow in the neck, slow-mo falling to death, a rather brutal machine gun massacre played for jokes, neck, balls and face punching, mild racial slurs, off screen jungle sex, open bra, cigarette smoking, under the influence of drugs, blood squirting animal violence, mauled to death by dinosaur plus tons of native nudity. They also say biatch two or three times.
Sean Young plays the female lead and she plays her part obviously bored. There are a few well done action sequences but in the end it just leaves the viewer scratching heads. Its a mess but also entertaining in a strange way. 3/5
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 09:28:58 AM »

never heard of it. what a horrible title though!

bloody gut stabbing, arrow in the neck, slow-mo falling to death, a rather brutal machine gun massacre played for jokes, neck, balls and face punching, mild racial slurs, off screen jungle sex, open bra, cigarette smoking, under the influence of drugs, blood squirting animal violence, mauled to death by dinosaur plus tons of native nudity.]

well from the first clip I came across on YT I guess you can add 'knocked over by a car', and 'electrocuted' to that list  TeddyR

Small | Large

surprised to see Julian Fellowes now of Downton Abbey fame in there...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 05:15:09 PM »

Yeah, looks like I forgot to add a few more to my list  BounceGiggle

never heard of it. what a horrible title though!

According to wiki it was recut and retitled Dinosaur... Secret of the Lost Legend for TV broadcast.

I watched this on Blu-ray. Great picture quality  Thumbup
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 07:25:09 PM »

I remember seeing this.   I felt they were going for more of an E.T. vibe rather than Romancing the Stone one. 

For a daikaiju fan like myself, the use of suitmation and miniatures was welcomed.  The dinosaurs do look a little too cute, but that's why I said I think the movie is going for more of an ET feeling. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 04:49:43 PM »

I don't disagree with anything that the O.P. has posted, but I don't remember any of that. What I do remember seeing it for the one and only time, when I saw it in theaters 30 years ago, is Patrick McGoohan and the rather nifty, or I thought it was nifty, climatic chase scene at the end of the film.

Patrick is actually rather unique as an actor. Whereas, many actors are born in a foreign country, then come to the U.S. to act, Patrick reversed that. Born in Astoria, Queens, New York City, New York, USA, he emigrated to the U.K. to begin his acting career.
Bushma

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 10:00:07 PM »

I watched this movie all the Tim's as a kid and loved it. Not sure how I would feel today but I'd be interested in finding out.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »

I saw this in the theater.  What I remember most vividly is a man in the audience busting a gut when some guy got thrown out a helicopter.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend (1985) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.