Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:46:53 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bloody Moon (1981) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bloody Moon (1981)  (Read 2340 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: April 10, 2015, 02:07:46 PM »

surprised I hadn't checked this out before now because it's not exactly obscure, and I've been watching literally any Italian 70s/80s horror I can get my hands on for years now

this film has some of the funniest bad script/acting/dubbing I've come across

try the 'round the table conversation' scene from 16:10 to 17:30 for a example of how camp it gets:

Bloody Moon Small | Large

it does start to drag a bit as it goes on, but overall I thought it was more entertaining than most standard giallos. And the infamous decapitation saw scene is a highlight of course!

7/10

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
voltron

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »

I did NOT enjoy this flick the first time I saw it. Jess Franco tries his hand on the slasher / giallo genre. Sounds neat, but he really blew it with this one. Personally I thought it was quite excruciating and not really even good-bad.Garden Of The Dead it ain't. Maybe (I said MAYBE) I'll give it another watch sometime. For instance, I did not enjoy Intruder (1987?) on the first watch, but now it's one of my fave second tier slashers, so I might be a little forgiving next time around.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:23:37 PM by voltron » Logged

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 04:30:04 PM »

I swear the same two girls do the English dubbing of every Italian movie ever made  BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 08:02:57 PM »

I thought it was quite excruciating and not really even good-bad.
shame. I thought it was good-bad  Smile. although it could've had about 15 mins trimmed off, got a bit tedious in places

I swear the same two girls do the English dubbing of every Italian movie ever made  BounceGiggle
lol, think you might be right. it even sounds to me like 2 girls in this have the same voiceover doing both

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bloody Moon (1981) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.