Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:17:22 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I have officially lost my patience with Konami « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I have officially lost my patience with Konami  (Read 6807 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 13, 2015, 04:12:14 PM »

They neuter Castlevania by turning it into a terrible God of War rip-off with a s**t plot and bosses directly plagiarized from Shadows of the Colossus.

They release a Silent Hill HD Remake on PS3 but remove the fog and can't engineer the game well enough to fix its buggy frame rate.

They s**t out terrible Silent Hill games one after another made by western developers that get their ideas from generic horror movies.

They release another Silent Hill movie that has a 5% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Now they've fire Hideo Kojima and have cancelled the incredibly hyped Silent Hills, have retroactively taken Kojima's credit off of the Metal Gear Franchise, and screwed Guillermo Del Toro out of a project that could have been a masterpiece of gaming.

Konami, f**k you.

You dominated the NES game market with Contra and Castlevania, you dominated the PlayStation market with Silent Hill, Symphony of the Night, and Metal Gear Solid and then did it again with the PS2, you produced Silent Hill 2 which stands as one of the greatest survival horror games ever made and you p**sed it all away.

I hope you go bankrupt. I want you to go bankrupt so someone else can have the Silent Hill and Castlevania IPs. You don't deserve them.

I have criticised companies like EA, Capcom, Microsoft, Square Enix and Rare for terrible marketing decisions in the past but now I've found the cherry on top of the s**t sunday of the game industry.

You are my number one. You are at the top of the list. You have become my absolute least favorite game company.

Whatever you're selling I'm not f**king buying. You will never see another f**king dollar from me. I know I'm just one customer and that won't hurt you much at all, but keep this in mind. When you do s**t like this it drives away loyal customers. What you did to Kojima was cruel and anti-consumer.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to download an illegal Silent Hill 2 ISO to play with a PS2 emulator on computer. I don't have to pay a cent for it and it's better than your HD remaster. Ciao, f**kers!

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 01:18:27 PM »

If you do this: ▲,▲,▼,▼,◄,►,◄,►,(B),(A),[Start] = ε( ^ ﭞ ^)
Konami will do your bidding.   

Joking aside, I hate the fact that the games industry and moved away from people who know and like games to people who want to make a quick buck. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 02:55:07 PM »

I haven't been paying any attention to video game news in over a year;  I see absolutely nothing has changed  BounceGiggle 

I'm looking forward to Bethesda's presentation at E3, but other than that, that whole industry can cease to exist for all I care.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 09:59:41 PM »

Companies exist to make money, if the people buy s**t companies will be happy to sell it.

So, stop complaining about the companies and think to the real culprit.

It is the same for DRM and freedom limiting licenses in fact, I always find funny how in the "country of freedom" nobody actually care and buy anyhow.

Nowadays every time I hear someone stating something like: "Apple/Valve/Ms/... are doing evil stuff!" my answer is "Do you use OSX/Steam/Windows/... ? Yes? Then you are the reason."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:57:35 AM by etmoviesb » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 10:51:37 PM »

I'm pretty much a "One Game Series" guy . . . I can play SKYRIM forever, or until ES6: BLACK MARSH comes out, and be perfectly happy.  If I get too bored with the vanilla game, I just add another mod.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 11:38:27 PM »

I'm not mad at you. I can empathize with your frustration. I've felt that way about another company.....

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 12:04:40 AM »

I'm not mad at you. I can empathize with your frustration. I've felt that way about another company.....

Why would you be mad at me?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 07:33:34 AM »

I'm pretty much a "One Game Series" guy . . . I can play SKYRIM forever, or until ES6: BLACK MARSH comes out, and be perfectly happy.  If I get too bored with the vanilla game, I just add another mod.

I got you beat, I'm still playing OBLIVION. Course the fact that I find about 1 hr/week to play games may have something to do with that.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 09:52:40 AM »

I'm rather fond of Skyrim myself  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 09:36:05 AM »

Indy, I'm tellin' ya. You gotta try Inigo.

I don't like companions either but you'll grow attached to this one quickly.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40960/?

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »

I'm rather fond of Skyrim myself  TeddyR

Mine's bigger.

...Well to be fair I leave games on pause for quite a while.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 10:02:19 PM »

WHOA WHOA WHOA wait a second... Black Marsh confirmed??  TeddyR

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »

It is still unofficial, but here is the latest rumor mill:

http://whatculture.com/gaming/elder-scrolls-vi-10-huge-rumours-need-know.php

I am also still waiting for SKYWIND to come out.  I've been following the development videos for awhile
They are basically taking MORROWIND and re-engineering the whole game to run on SKYRIM graphics.
It looks awesome, I just wish they would get it DONE already!!! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 06:57:00 AM »

This could help speed things up and lead to a demo at this year’s E3

Hey quit getting me all excited  BounceGiggle

My only hope it that it doesn't have multiplayer.  I've seen so many great single player games suddenly turn very mediocre because the dev' team spent half their time on the damned online crap in order to cater to the middle school kids who can't enjoy a game unless they're ruining it for someone else.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 07:05:38 AM »

Mine's bigger.

...Well to be fair I leave games on pause for quite a while.

Holy crap, I'm a mere casual gamer in comparison lol.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I have officially lost my patience with Konami « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.