Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:33:36 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Star Wars Episode VII - 2nd trailer released « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII - 2nd trailer released  (Read 11080 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 06:30:05 AM »

I'm with Jim H on this one. Building up emotions with cool shots is easy. Keeping you invested with a nice plot is much harder. Nostalgia may get you only so far really.

In this instance the one thing I am super happy with is the look: they've nailed the designs on the 'world look' down so far in the trailers, one thing that always irked me about the prequel trilogy.

[Well that and the fact they cast John Boyega who I really liked in Attack the Block]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 11:02:14 PM »

Han! Chewie! Most importantly, no sign of Jar-Jar Binks! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Thumbup Thumbup

*Empties out bank account*  Wink

I was talking to a friend and I told him that I would forgive JJ if Jar-Jar appeared in the film if the following conditions were met;

A) The appearance is very brief.
B) Jar-Jar has no spoken lines.
C) And most importantly, Jar-Jar meets his destiny.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 03:17:38 AM »

While I've never looked at anything outside the movies I have always hoped that Jar Jar was killed in an early act of the rebellion for his role in founding the Empire.

The first time I went to Disneyland and went on Star Tours I kept getting stories featuring him (ok he was getting run over by a spaceship) and I insisted on continually going on the ride again until I finally got a Jar Jar free one (I think it took 7 attempts).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Bushma

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 02:20:22 PM »

The 2nd trailer felt more like Star Wars and made me excited until I saw Grandpa Solo.  I'm sorry, I just feel that this took way too long in the making.  I don't want to have to worry about Han Solo breaking a hip during a fire fight, or losing his pilots license because his eye sight is too bad.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 02:26:13 PM »

They ain't waiting for the film to be released. They are already making projections about how much the film will make at the box office.

Opening weekend
$125 million to $225 million

Total box office
$1.2 to $1.8 billion

The higher figure will make it the 3rd highest grossing film (unadjusted for inflation) in film history. Behind only . . .

and Titanic.

I am already ahead, for as a member of an investment club, which I rejoined in December of last year, and which holds in its stock portfolio, some shares in the Walt Disney Company, which just 4 days after the release of the 2nd trailer for "Star Wars," the share price has already risen, on belief in the future, almost $2.00 per share or almost $2 billion in net worth for the Company. Now, let's see if it can hold the gain or even increase another dollar or two.

And who will be wearing a costume to the showing of the film?
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 02:27:19 PM »

You'll find some of that out when the 3rd trailer hits (maybe in 3 months?  Movie is still 8 months away from release), I'd guess.  These first two are clearly teasers.  This one is about evoking a series of emotions to build nostalgic excitement. 

Let me just say that I am NOT on board with this particular "I'll waste your time" brand of marketing.

Having watched the documentary "Generation Like," I'm also not a big fan of the "get everyone talking" brand of manipulation marketing, either.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Jim H

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 07:27:22 PM »

You'll find some of that out when the 3rd trailer hits (maybe in 3 months?  Movie is still 8 months away from release), I'd guess.  These first two are clearly teasers.  This one is about evoking a series of emotions to build nostalgic excitement. 

Let me just say that I am NOT on board with this particular "I'll waste your time" brand of marketing.

Having watched the documentary "Generation Like," I'm also not a big fan of the "get everyone talking" brand of manipulation marketing, either.

I can see why it'd bug you.  It reminds me of the ads in the 90s that were like, "Look at us, we're so cool we're not ads at all" ads.  Like Sprite's Grant Hill ads.

What's your favorite trailer?

For comparison, here's the original Star Wars teaser.  I'd argue it gives about the same amount of information as this one.  Just a series of images and a narrator giving vague information.

"Star Wars (1977)" Teaser Trailer
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 07:50:36 PM »

For comparison, here's the original Star Wars teaser.  I'd argue it gives about the same amount of information as this one.  Just a series of images and a narrator giving vague information.

No mention of midichlorians...I'm surprised anyone bothered to see it.

Sarcasm aside...that was a pretty boring trailer on the whole (also note no "Episode IV"...  BounceGiggle ).  But at least in that case, the visuals were "different" enough to be enticing, I'd imagine.  Nothing looking QUITE like that had ever been done, so it looked new.

That only works the first time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 08:36:26 PM »

I can see why it'd bug you.  It reminds me of the ads in the 90s that were like, "Look at us, we're so cool we're not ads at all" ads.  Like Sprite's Grant Hill ads.

What's your favorite trailer?

"Star Wars (1977)" Teaser Trailer

Man, do I miss trailer narrators.  Bluesad

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
dean

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2015, 09:05:10 PM »

Well there's also the issue of being still in post-production and not having everything ready to show [some films aren't 'complete' until a very small window before the release, and yes that includes big budget pictures like this one]

So I'm a bit meh on the marketing side of things too but demand dictates that they show at least something to the rabid fanbase and it is well known to add to the hype; may not add to yours perhaps but it's working for me so far, even though I'm always skeptical until they actually release a picture. I mean people keep saying the new Fantastic Four was going to be terrible because the producers held back showing a trailer/teaser and since the new release, people are starting to come at least a little bit more on board so sometimes it actually hurts a film to not show anything, whether they have it or not.

But really I think at the end of the day, everyone just wants to watch something good and fun, the rest leading up to it is just air.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jim H

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 11:08:17 PM »

No mention of midichlorians...I'm surprised anyone bothered to see it.

Sarcasm aside...that was a pretty boring trailer on the whole (also note no "Episode IV"...  BounceGiggle ).  But at least in that case, the visuals were "different" enough to be enticing, I'd imagine.  Nothing looking QUITE like that had ever been done, so it looked new.

That only works the first time.

Yeah, they sold it basically on the effects and the world.  Justifiably so, really.  It's a pretty darn weak teaser though, even for the era.  I mean, Alien was only two years later, and it has a very good teaser (and an incredible trailer).
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Star Wars Episode VII - 2nd trailer released « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.