Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:09:12 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  A bunch of androids in the desert that feed on blood « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A bunch of androids in the desert that feed on blood  (Read 9871 times)
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 19, 2015, 02:50:59 PM »

Ok, so this one may be a lost cause. I remember watching a good portion of a film many years ago on TV where there were these people in the desert (think scimitar & sandal kind of setting) fighting these androids camped out there. The androids ran on human blood. And the protagonist was trying to save this kid, but in the end one of the main robot baddies had gotten the kid and flew (or glided (glid?)) away with him to an uncertain fate. The kid might have been the secret to something or some plot device like that.

I was pretty sure it was a film, but the "to be continued" ending really makes me wonder if it was actually a show. I'd feel silly if it was a show, but if this sounds like the premise of one, please tell me what it was.

Thanks!
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 02:35:40 PM »

Almost sounds like Screamers.

Screamers (1995) Theatrical Trailer Small | Large

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 03:59:32 PM »

Gracias.

Yeah, that sort of Laurence of Arabia-in-the-future colour scheme and design is familiar. Reading about it and watching that, I don't think this is it, but could be missing parts. I know the blood vs. machine fluid/gears/sparks thing was pretty central, so reading a summary I thought the bit about Jessica's hand seemed like something that could have been part of it. Keep 'em coming.
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 12:30:00 AM »

Small (or big) update:

while searching some terms ("cyborg"  "Desert""vampires" film), I came across this:
(can't link... 'nother site where someone asked about this, possibly/probably the same film)

As well as a comparable question from here:
(similar question from our site, but with notation of aliens)

Right now, I'm going over the Knights (1993) trailer, and I'm leaning towards this, though I'm not certain yet.

(Knights trailer on YouTube)

Like the poster in StackExchange (first non-link), I saw this on TV.
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 12:32:16 AM »

Oh. And I remember specifically something I neglected to mention because I thought it might not be helpful - a black and blue colour scheme for the villain's outfit. This appears in the Knights trailer, too.
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 12:37:03 AM »

Woohoo! I just found a summary on Fist of B-List, and it notes that the cyborgs in Knights are vampires. I'm now 98% certain (or 99, really, I just am overly paranoid about being wrong) that this is it.
Nathan45
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 08:29:39 AM »

http://web.archive.org/web/20030228071620/http://coldfusionvideo.com/k/knights.html

Does this sound like it?  (Has more detail)
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 09:12:50 AM »

Yup!
I'm now about certain that that's it. I don't know exactly how this works yet - do I move this to solved or does a mod?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 09:21:25 AM »

I think the mods normally move them.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 11:24:40 AM »

So, I'm like 99.99% certain that it's Knights. That's as certain as I'll be and it's safe to move this in case any mods are around.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  A bunch of androids in the desert that feed on blood « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.