Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:20:49 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  FM radio coming to an end in Norway « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FM radio coming to an end in Norway  (Read 3367 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: April 19, 2015, 09:27:42 PM »

FM radio is winding down in Norway;

Norway’s Minister of Culture announced this week that a national FM-radio switch off will commence in 2017, allowing the country to complete its transition over to digital radio. It’s the end of an era.

As Radio.no notes, Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) will provide Norwegian listeners more diverse radio channel content than ever before. Indeed, DAB already hosts 22 national channels in Norway, as opposed to FM radio’s five, and a TNS Gallup survey shows that 56% of Norwegian listeners use digital radio every day. While Norway is the first country in the world to set a date for an FM switch-off, other countries in Europe and Southeast Asia are also in the process of transitioning to DAB.

According to Thor Gjermund Eriksen, head of the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation:

“This is an important day for everyone who loves radio. The minister’s decision allows us to concentrate our resources even more upon what is most important, namely to create high quality and diverse radio-content to our listeners.”

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 09:33:41 PM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 07:17:31 AM »

I'm so up-to-date on the latest tech that I don't even know if you can pick up digital broadcasts on a regular radio or if you have to buy a new one.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 09:37:20 AM »

Unfortunately (to the best of my knowledge anyway), it requires a whole new radio.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 10:22:11 AM »

Unfortunately (to the best of my knowledge anyway), it requires a whole new radio.

Makes sense.  And also a subscription to a service? 

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Bushma

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 03:02:26 PM »

I used to have a digital radio in my car.  Yes you do need a digital radio, you can't use your standard FM radio.

Makes sense.  And also a subscription to a service? 

No, no subscription. You pick up digital radio just like digital TV.  You just need the right receiver.

If I remember right the car radio was about $150 but that was about 3 years ago.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
voltron

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 06:52:42 PM »

So, like, would you hear Kampfar on a modern rock station there?  Smile
In my area FM radio was the last place to find great music. I mentioned this before but there used to be this insanely awesome show called Brave New Waves (from Montreal I believe) on my FM dial. Came on at midnight and didn't atop until 4AM. Discovered SOOOOO much interesting, diverse and original music there. On any given night you could hear indie rock (when "indie" used to mean something), noise, ambient, dub, post-rock, punk, shoegaze, even the odd metal track here and there. So sad it's no more.  Bluesad

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  FM radio coming to an end in Norway « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.