Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:15:09 PM
713355 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Trailer Burnout? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trailer Burnout?  (Read 3212 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 20, 2015, 01:31:24 PM »

I'm starting to fatigue with the contant stream of trailers, leaks, rumors, images, speculations, interviews, and hints that are circulating for some of what would be movies I'm hotly anticipating.  Start Wars, Avengers, Captain America, all those upcoming blockbusters I WOULD have wanted to see, I'm already tired of.     

I'm pretty sure that all these are planned by marketing, but they have essentially lost a fanboy (and at least one fangirl).  I'm not going to pay first run prices to fill in holes.

</whine>

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 02:32:20 PM »

I exactly agree, as I pretty much just posted over in another thread related to an upcoming movie.

Also, as I posted there, check out the documentary "Generation Like" to see how the whole "online buzz" thing is a manufactured manipulation.

STARSUCKERS is also a good one to see how "popularity" is used to manipulate people as well...how easily people can be manipulated both by the popular and in the desire to become popular.  Saw a real world example this weekend with The Travel Channel advertising "You could be the NEXT STAR!"

Since watching these, my view of the entertainment "industry" has changed.  Already someone cynical, I am now downright antagonistic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flangepart

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 04:58:18 PM »

Given that some trailers give you the 'best parts' I can understand the suspicion of all that noise. Jaded, they think? When you Hollywood suits give me reason...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »

That happens for me with TV shows.  Two months before the premiere episode they're showing 5 commercials an hour for the damned thing.  By a month and a half before the first episode I never want to hear about it ever again.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »

And then there's this (a pretty cool analysis of contemporary trailers):

http://blip.tv/goodbadflicks/wtf-happened-to-movie-trailers-6854517

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 10:35:48 PM »

You guys suck a lot of fun out of the air!

I love teaser trailers, especially one for a franchise I have loved since I was 12 years old.
I'm gonna see the movie regardless, but a teaser like this just gets me even more amped up!

So yes, I'm ripe fruit for corporate entertainment's picking.

But I don't really care. TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 01:39:21 AM »

That happens for me with TV shows.  Two months before the premiere episode they're showing 5 commercials an hour for the damned thing.  By a month and a half before the first episode I never want to hear about it ever again.

Fox Africa is constantly showing a promo for the upcoming series Wayward Pines starring Matt Dillon and Melissa Leo and I'm not sure I want to see it.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 08:05:13 AM »

WAYWARD PINES...
now if it were a remake of THE NAVY VS. THE NIGHT MONSTERS, where the mobile killer pines flinging explosive pine cones...that I would watch.

Saaaaay...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 03:08:34 PM »

You guys suck a lot of fun out of the air!

:

I TRY not to... But I'm so tired of hearing about these franchises that I should love (I saw Star Wars in the first few days of showing, AND had the comic with the green darth vader).  And I'm Cap's #1 fan.

But I don't want to see all this new stuff, and see leaks and analysis, and stills, and and and...  I want to go to the movie with no preconcieved ideas, and be surprised.  It seems like this is not an option any more.   

(grumpy old) Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 10:08:35 AM »

I am with you, in fact I stopped watching trailers/rumors/whatever. When the movie arrives I quickly check the impressions and decide to go or not to go seeing it in the theaters.
Jim H

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 11:13:13 AM »

I liked it when there was one teaser, then a trailer, then maybe posters, then the movie came out.  The slow constant leaking gets old. 

My advice: stay off movie sites and the movie section of news sites.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 10:12:12 PM »

I somehow seem to miss most of this stuff but then people tell me I've got my head in the clouds, am easily distracted (generally I'm tired to society's obsession with instant gratification, slow and steady leads to better results in so many areas).

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Trailer Burnout? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.