Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:49:23 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Acceptance Speech (Thanks Andrew) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Acceptance Speech (Thanks Andrew)  (Read 3822 times)
Abby
« on: April 01, 2001, 10:02:33 PM »

Thanks a heap for the muck award. I've said it a zillion times already, but I'll say it once more: Badmovies.org is my absolute favorite trash flick site. It's been my favorite for a long time. In fact, this site is what inspired me to fork over dough for multimedia software. So it's quite an honor.

I posted the April WG.com update last night, which is a doozy. FOUR audio interviews produced in conjunction with 1978's The Manitou. One of those amazing interviews is of the late William Girdler himself. I'm obsessed, I know: but the fact that Girdler's voice is now alive on the Internet just gives me chills. And he's so enthusiastic about Manitou, it's adorable.

New William Girdler Radio Interview
Mofo Rising
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2001, 10:37:38 PM »

Congratulations, Abby.  You've received one of the most prestigious awards ever.  Much more so than that lame-ass Nobel prize.

Just a quick question: Is your site the only William Girdler site out there?  That would be a trick in itself, finding someone so obscure that no one else has made a web page dedicated to that person.  I haven't checked, but I bet cherub-faced Michael J. Pollard has at least twenty pages dedicated to him.
Abby
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2001, 12:09:57 AM »

It's actually the only comprehensive bio about Girdler anywhere (even IMDB was missing a few of his films up until a year ago).

There are tons of unsung directors with great stories ... all waiting to be rediscovered.

I wish I could remember what B-movie book ended with that idea ... it closed with a plea to research and rediscover old directors' forgotten gems because there are thousands of unsung auteurs ... whatever book it appeared in, I took the plea to heart.
FLANGEPART
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2001, 05:19:24 PM »

What we need next...the story of William (One-shot) Beaudean. I think that has potential!
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2001, 06:13:09 PM »

Hands down a great site Abby, I really had no choice.  You made me pick your site; it was as if you had a loaded Desert Eagle to my head... ...'twas a good site.

If everyone hasn't checked out the new sound clips over there - they are simply incredible.  Just listen to all that stuff going on in the background.  Couldn't you people even find a quiet room to do the interviews?

Andrew
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Acceptance Speech (Thanks Andrew) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.