Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:31:07 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lost Souls and The Gift « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lost Souls and The Gift  (Read 3427 times)
Stupid Jacob
« on: April 01, 2001, 03:20:43 PM »

Has anyone seen these two movies? Are they any good? Worth to rent?
Matt
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2001, 12:35:29 AM »

I went to see Lost Souls at the theater, it sucked. Very slow, poor plot and a really bad endding. Imagin the pace of "Bringing Out The Dead" and and a predicable endding that makes you p**sed that you wasted two hours of your life. I have yet to find a person who enjoyed this movie. Stay away...far away
Miss W
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2001, 01:50:47 AM »

Lost Souls was truly wretched. The first fifteen minutes alone were sleep-inducing, and although it never got worse, it never got much better, either. Some good ideas, but the execution was hackneyed. Really, do we need any more movies with serial killers or murderers who are possessed by the devil (and in this case, who barely factor into the plot)?

The Gift was better, but a disappointment. It wasn't really scary and the climax was underwhelming. I'd recommend it for the terrific leading performance from Cate Blanchett, and good work from Keanu Reeves, Katie Topless Holmes, and Hilary Swank.
Josh Leman
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2001, 03:59:35 PM »

I haven't seen Lost Souls, but The Gift is a wonderful film.  While there's nothing terribly original about it, the performances are great and Sam Raimi's direction is top-notch.  Parts of it really, truly freaked me out, especially a dream sequence involving a demonic wraith playing a fiddle.  It's one of the best horror movies of the last few years, and underneath all of that it's a pretty decent murder mystery as well.  Unfortunately the writing gets a little sloppy at the end, but that shouldn't stop you from seeing it.
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2001, 06:32:12 PM »

Hurm. I'll stay away, far away, from Souls. But I'll see the Gift. Thanks for the tips guys.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lost Souls and The Gift « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.