Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:04:40 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  B/W: Child in stroller drops doll off footbridge over creek « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B/W: Child in stroller drops doll off footbridge over creek  (Read 2336 times)
jessie
New Visitor

« on: May 02, 2015, 02:19:23 PM »

In 1969-70, a b&w movie was shown without the sound at a rock concert at the Eastown Theater in Detroit. Judging by clothing, etc., the movie seemed to be set in the 1940s or 1950s. At some point in the film, a mother was pushing a stroller across a footbridge over a creek, moving from left to right on the screen (the camera was on the right bank). The child, no more than a couple years old, dropped a doll which fell from the bridge into the water below. I think there was subsequent shot of the doll laying in the water at the edge of the stream. I remember nothing else from this film--no idea whether it was a short or full-length movie, nor what genre it might have been. In the Eastown/rock concert context with no sound, it seemed quite bizarre, and certainly none the less so being viewed through a pretty thick haze of funny cigarette smoke. I've always wondered what the name of this film was and what the plot was. Any idea?
staircars
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 03:19:22 PM »

Any chance this could have been a few years later? The description really reminds me of 1975's I Don't Want to Be Born (The Monster/The Devil Within Her), although it's not a doll... the baby pushes someone into the water!

Check the 30 minute mark (if this link works):
I Don't Want to Be Born (1975) 1/2
jessie
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 05:48:46 PM »

Interesting similarity! And this movie would have seemed equally bizarre when played without the soundtrack. But that's definitely not it. The Eastown was a rock venue from 1969-1973 only. I can't remember who we went to see there--it was either Eric Burdon or Joe Cocker. The way I remember it, whoever it was spit into the air and caught it in his eye. On purpose. And no, 'twasn't me smokin' them funny cigarettes! I was the one trying to look like none of this stuff surprised me. Anyhow, the movie was definitely black & white, and the doll, laying in the water much like that woman in your movie, was facing up instead of down... I think.  Lookingup
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  B/W: Child in stroller drops doll off footbridge over creek « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.