Main Menu

Is there some sort of grammar destroying Autocorrect, or do I just type too fast

Started by Gene Worm, September 29, 2015, 09:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Worm

Hey, so over the passed couple days, I've been noticing grammar in my posts which I thought I proofread were coming out as just a little bit off. Such as possessives missing the apostrophes, and plural nouns becoming singular. Is there some sort of 'autocorrect' that's the culprit, or am I just typing too fast and not proofreading? Thanks.
"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."

Newt

Sorry: it's you.  It's not that bad: just makes you 'sound' a bit rushed/excited at times.  Which is OK.  Or, at worst, as though English may not be your mother tongue.  You would not be alone in that on here.  No big deal.
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Gene Worm

Quote from: Newt on September 29, 2015, 02:38:42 PM
Sorry: it's you.  It's not that bad: just makes you 'sound' a bit rushed/excited at times.  Which is OK.  Or, at worst, as though English may not be your mother tongue.  You would not be alone in that on here.  No big deal.

Thanks. The reason is probably because I type at a supersonic speed.
"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."