Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:12:02 PM
714251 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Velvet Vampire (1971) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Velvet Vampire (1971)  (Read 1780 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 11, 2015, 07:41:53 PM »

has anyone here seen this godawful film? i downloaded it a few years back and that's one i am glad i did not buy.  it's easily one of the worst films i've ever seen in my life. it's about a couple that meet a woman who ends up being a vampire. and she's also a vampire that can be around in the daytime for some reason. it never says how she can do that or anything like that. pretty much is they are staying with her in the middle of the desert. and the boyfriend ends up sleeping with the vampire. the only part that really qualifies as any kind of entertainment is in the last 10 to 15 minutes of this really crappy film. the rest is like watching paint dry. i wish they had done this for MSTK3000 that would have been great
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 05:35:30 PM »

I found my old review

"This is like an american version of those early 70's european vampire movies by directors like Jean Rollin or Jess franco. I'm very patriotic when it comes to movies, but the Europeans do this a bit better. The stars are likeable enough, but lack style and verve, as does the direction. and they should have gotten a stunt coordinater as all the action scenes are badly done. It is enjoyable though, taking place in the desert, a funny place for a vampire. The male lead is occasionally pretty funny and the lead vampire lady looks sort of like a goth Courtney Cox and is a terrible liar. The company that puts this out is called cheezyflics and they ain't kiddin"
pennywise37

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »

i always try to be optimistic when it comes to certain films such as this one. i didn't have high or low hopes for this to be honest. but other than the name of the film watching paint dry like i said before, if you film it and release it as a film that would be a better film than this one. what about anyone else? did they like it? good review though and if you enjoyed it

it i'm glad you did i just didn't like it that's all
claws
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 11:45:41 PM »

Was this movie on TV this week or something? I just gotta ask because three of my Facebook friends also reported watching Velvet Vampire a few days ago.
As for the film, I liked it. It's not perfect but I thought it was very stylish unlike lester. I saw it for the first time a few years ago when Shout/Scream Factory released it to DVD.
pennywise37

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 01:28:03 AM »

well no it wasn't a tv film cause it has nudity in it. it was a film i had wanted to see for years mainly because it's got a great title but i had to force myself to finish watching it. i really do hate starting a film and not finishing it. i have done that with certain films but i try not too. like i said if there are people on here who enjoyed the film i'm ok with that,

i don't know what would be the worst film i've ever seen is, but this is on the list, i dunno if it's in my top 10 though to be fair. i have seen far far worse and no doubt others have too. i'm curious if anyone else on here hates it as much as i do.

if not that's ok with me too
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Velvet Vampire (1971) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.