Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:35:42 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Duggars Look Out: Michigan Couple Welcomes Thirteenth Son « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Duggars Look Out: Michigan Couple Welcomes Thirteenth Son  (Read 1618 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: May 14, 2015, 11:35:56 AM »

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/rockford/2015/05/13/its-a-boy-rockford-couple-welcomes-13th-son/27234391/

I bet their obstetrician named his sailboat after this family.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 01:00:04 PM »

A sporting family for every time of the year. Now, they have enough for . . .

2 basketball teams
1 baseball team
1 soccer team
and even 1 football team, if they play both offense and defense.

He tried, but . . .?! He couldn't do it. No one can just have one. They had approximately 8191 chances out of 8192 to have a girl, but . . .?! He just couldn't produce one in the end.

One would like to know the ages of the older brothers, even if the couple produces one son an year, the oldest boy will have graduated from high school by the time youngest boy enters kindergarden.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 04:32:31 PM »

I remember reading an obituary not to long ago of someone here who had 15 children.

It wasn't too unusual here in Iowa even 100 years ago for there to be large families.  I think a lot of that came from an expectation that one or more of the children wouldn't live to adulthood so they felt they needed to have as many children as possible.  My paternal Grandpa was one of 11 children, 10 of who survived to adulthood.  His parents had their first child in 1914 and the last in 1935.  And Grandpa's father was one of 13 children, all of whom survived to adulthood.  By the time my parents came along that was the start of the baby boom - my dad is one of eight children and my mom was one of seven.  My maternal Grandparents started off a bit later than my paternal ones did so the last couple children were surprises, they both thought Grandma was getting past her child bearing years by the time the last couple kids came along (she was in her early 40s by then).   

Here in Iowa families have gotten a bit smaller since then, I'm the oldest of three and most of my aunts and uncles had anywhere from two to five children.  There are exceptions - someone I know had seven children.  But most of the people I went to school with have two to three children, that seems to be the norm here.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Duggars Look Out: Michigan Couple Welcomes Thirteenth Son « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.