Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:21:28 AM
714338 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Has anyone ever been to a cabin in the woods with male and female friends? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Has anyone ever been to a cabin in the woods with male and female friends?  (Read 3195 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: May 22, 2015, 04:33:55 PM »

The most typical horror scenerio seems to be a group of guys and girls going to a run down cabin by a lake. How come they're never really quite nice cabins? anyway...

Has anyone ever done this or anything close to it? I went skiing with other people once but the resort was like a huge hotel. We drank a little but the girls didn't dance nor did anyone want them too really. Also, wouldn't at least 50% of the conversation be about the fact that you are in a cabin in the woods a la horror movies?

Does anyone want to do this now? like literally find a cabin near a lake and try and get killed by a sasquatch or something
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:02:48 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:21:24 PM »

My wife and I and another couple went camping in a tent in a park.  The park ranger wasn't too thrilled the next morning;  apparently you're not supposed to set up your campsite in a park?  We were WAY too hungover to really pay much attention to what he was yappin' at us about.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 07:33:46 PM »

When I was little, my family camped near some river.
Our tent was in view of the water.
While we were there, my older sister & another big kid struck up a conversation about the Loch Ness monster, & afterwords, I couldn't stop thinking about that.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
dean

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »

Did something along these lines a few years ago for New Years with about 30 friends. It was kind of like school camp except you're adults. The 'caretaker' was a grumpy sort and could totally have been a serial killer.

Oh and we summoned up some demons from some skin book and now I have no pupils just a black void where my soul used to be.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 09:15:09 PM »

My wife and I and another couple went camping in a tent in a park.  The park ranger wasn't too thrilled the next morning;  apparently you're not supposed to set up your campsite in a park?  We were WAY too hungover to really pay much attention to what he was yappin' at us about.

I think the problem was that the "park" was the kiddie play park in the middle of town, and the "ranger" was a traffic cop on his morning rounds...  TeddyR  Twirling  BounceGiggle

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 09:51:39 PM »

Dean- I hate it when that happens

I'm not much of an entrepreneur (that too me a couple tries to spell there) but if I were I'd have a musty cabin by a lake and do a fake horror movie kind of like a murder mystery diner.  except I'd really kill the people

I think in general there are very few cabins that are alone in the woods. In most cases they are surrounded by a series of other cabins. If there's a lake especially there will be other cabins because people like to swim and fish in the lake.

This reminds me, there is a house in the forest preserve in town that no one lives in. Its been out of use for a long time. I broke in one night because I had to go to the bathroom really bad when I was running (the park is where I turn around). It was really scary and I would have deserved it if Jason had killed me because it was such an obvious scenerio.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:57:59 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 11:00:40 PM »

Yeah.  We drank some some booze and watched a couple movies.  That was about it.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
claws
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 04:05:54 AM »

As kids we would go camping as soon as the weather allowed it. We would usually camp at the same lake that had a small island in the middle. This was very old school with campfire roasting marshmallows, creepy urban legends shared, friend playing guitar. When we got older there was alcohol involved, but never excessively (yeah boring I know). There's something about waking up to seeing a huge wild boar sticking its massive head inside your tent at the break of dawn sniffing around for food lol. Throughout the years we also went camping in half of Europe (Italy, France, Spain. Lots of bats and big weird flying bugs in Spain) which made for an interesting experience.
In the 1990s it was a "thing" to go with friends in the mountains between Christmas and New Years renting a small wooden cabin. Think Wham's! corny "Last Christmas" music video. By the end of the 90s idiots turned this into a drunk-till-you-puke rave event with masses of people flocking into the mountains, including outdoors DJs spinning records while you spent tons of money on ridiculously overpriced shots at the "ice bar."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:00:22 PM by claws » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 11:10:11 AM »

claws- that's the closest one I think. The DJ's probably scared away all the sasquatches
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »

I think the problem was that the "park" was the kiddie play park in the middle of town, and the "ranger" was a traffic cop on his morning rounds...  TeddyR  Twirling  BounceGiggle

I was wondering why they had teeter-totters there  BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »

When I was in scouts we went a couple times to a cabin that used to be where the scout camp was located - it was formerly the kitchen and dining area as I recall.

Last year on a church retreat they held it at what used to be a family estate - there were two houses and a cabin on the property.  We had one of the houses for the afternoon, it was a very nice, pleasant environment. 

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 08:40:10 PM »

No I haven't  been but it's actually pretty common around here....

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 08:47:22 PM »

I wonder if there's an original way of presenting this scenerio. maybe have attractive couples staying in a cabana by a fancy pool or in cardboard box by a sewage treatment center. or on the moon
dean

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 12:20:21 AM »

I wonder if there's an original way of presenting this scenerio. maybe have attractive couples staying in a cabana by a fancy pool or in cardboard box by a sewage treatment center. or on the moon

There's got to be an Airbnb type couchsurfing horror movie out there somewhere...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 10:30:39 AM »

A sasquatch goes to a college campus and terrorizes a group of wild college kids BEFORE they're set to go to a cabin in the woods for spring break.

It's Exists meets Minority Report.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:35:48 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Has anyone ever been to a cabin in the woods with male and female friends? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.