Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:57:35 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wolfcop 2014 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wolfcop 2014  (Read 3255 times)
Skull
« on: May 26, 2015, 08:46:26 PM »

I guess this is what you get if you put a werewolf movie and Bad Santa in a blender... :)

Wolfcop is not unwatchable although I wasn't sure if the story was trying to be funny or they thought they were being 'intellectually funny'... although I have a hard time in believing the target audience to the story were stuffy smart ass people types.

What's the story about... in a nutshell, you have an 'over the top' alcoholic police officer which seems to be acceptable on the force, yeah his boss knows the guy is a total drunk. Then he becomes a werewolf (No need to post spoiler alert here because the title is called: Wolfcop)

Story is not for children, even though the title seemed childish... The story is for Adults... although, that's a stretch because the story is far from a sex fantasy (but there was a sex scene to offer a taste of a sex fantasy).

Then again this story was far from boring... I'm not sure why but I couldn't keep my off the story, maybe it's because I cannot believe how the characters seemed to accept the policeman being an alcoholic, or it's the over the top transformation (while the guy was in the bathroom and yes - you get to see his junk transformed! [but remember this is not a sex comedy so don't expect something awesome besides gore shock])

Anyway if you had seen Wolfcop please tell me what you thought about it :)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 11:11:09 PM »

I thought it was a nice steaming slice of B-movie cheese! TeddyR

And I mean that in a good way.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 09:22:33 AM »

I'm sure there was a discussion ages ago about how many ' >insert word< COP ' movies there were... I guess Wolf can be crossed off the list now

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 09:53:49 AM »

It was watchable and reasonably entertaining. Sure, there were problems with the writing, acting, effects, etc., but it occupied my time in a way I don't wholly regret. It was, as indy said, a good slice of movie cheese.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
SecondClassCinema
Dedicated Viewer

Your B-Movie Buffer

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 09:33:26 AM »

We watched this for our podcast. Overall we were not impressed but it had some minor redeeming qualities.  If you want to give it a listen, see if anyone's opinions align, here is the link!

http://secondclasscinema.podbean.com/e/episode-26-wolfcop-2015/

Check out "Second Class Cinema: The B-Movie Experience" podcast!  http://secondclasscinema.com/
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 05:49:26 AM »

I didn't mind this one. I thought it was quite entertaining. Yes it was stupid in places, but I thought that was ok. I'm looking forward to the second one.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 12:48:07 PM »

I quite enjoyed it.

However, I think they didn't fully embrace the ridiculousness of the concept and tried to make an actual "movie" movie. Didn't quite work. Admittedly, that's pretty much the hardest line to walk if you're going to do it, so kudos for effort I guess. Still didn't quite work.

Fun for an hour and a half, though.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jim H

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 12:13:04 PM »

I quite enjoyed it.

However, I think they didn't fully embrace the ridiculousness of the concept and tried to make an actual "movie" movie. Didn't quite work. Admittedly, that's pretty much the hardest line to walk if you're going to do it, so kudos for effort I guess. Still didn't quite work.

Fun for an hour and a half, though.

That sums up pretty much how I felt.  The most surprising thing to me were several elements were surprisingly amateurish, like a number of camera and editing errors and awkward moments.  That'd be one thing in a microbudget film, but if memory serves this was a $500,000ish film. 

Still, passably entertaining.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wolfcop 2014 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.