Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:38:08 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  LEAST FAVORITE COMMERCIAL SUBJECT « previous next »
Poll
Question: What commercials (or types of commercials) really irritate you / gross you out?
Toilet paper (Charmin, etc) - 4 (20%)
Feminine products - 5 (25%)
Drugs with tons of side effects - 4 (20%)
Supposedly funny, but really stupid - 3 (15%)
Prostituting good music for product (i.e. Target) - 1 (5%)
Other (explain). - 3 (15%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: LEAST FAVORITE COMMERCIAL SUBJECT  (Read 4289 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: May 28, 2015, 02:51:13 PM »

I voted the entire slate, with the "other" being the current crop of Scientology ads; oh, PLEASE! AND the Consumer Celluar ads.
I call this the "Feed Jack, Connie, Clyde, Diane, Fred, and Doris to the Kraken" Plan.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:54:51 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
major jay

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 04:08:06 PM »

I voted for Supposedly funny, but really stupid. Mainly because of the recent AT&T commercials. Yeah the girl's cute, but what other talent does she have?

edit-Holy crap, she's doesn't really need any other talent does she? But I still don't think she's funny.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:29:56 PM by major jay » Logged

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 04:46:55 PM »

McDonald's & Sprint
I usually have to watch their ads for several weeks before I figure out what it's supposed to be an ad for...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 07:33:18 PM »

TP ads.  I don't need to see bears copping a squat either behind a tree that is only two inches wide or in a house either.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 08:02:24 PM »

People watches ads? O_o

Ok, seriously. Medicines and all kind of ads that imply unreal standard of wealth or beauty.
dean

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 12:48:45 AM »

Since I started using Netflix and other options, I don't really see many ads anymore. It's amazing when I do what normal TV how much I hate ALL the ads. But as a general rule the ones I hate most are exploitative 'sex sells' rubbish for no point. It's amazing that we have a point that condom ads are much more modest and tame [and less sexist] than some deodorant ads.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 12:53:41 AM »

It's amazing that we have a point that condom ads are much more modest and tame [and less sexist] than some deodorant ads.
As I mentioned I also watch almost no ads. So I never thought of that, but I think you are right. Really interesting.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 05:57:35 AM »

Those anti-smoking ad's from The Truth were the worst ever.  I think that was a big reason I quit watching TV and switched to DVD's and Netflix.

Those damned Mesothelioma commercials, or any of that ambulance chaser crap.  I can't imagine that there's a single human being in the US who hasn't seen a thousand of those, yet they keep running them.

Any ad that thinks it's funny but it's just lame - a lousy joke is bad enough but a lousy joke repeated 100 times is criminal.

Any of those ad's where some idiots hired an advertising company that thinks they're an artiste and they do some film school project where they say something about something for 25 seconds, then show a totally unrelated picture of the product at the end.  Cadillac has got some really stupid ones right now. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 07:04:14 AM »

Surreal perfume ads that if it wasn't for them telling you what they are selling right at the end, you'd have no idea what the advert was about.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 07:47:29 AM »

All of them.  Advertising is premised on lying and it struck me as significant many years ago that the types of ads coincided with Logical Fallacies.

I abhor consumerist culture and the carrot-on-a-stick mentality that drives advertising: what you have is never enough.  Spend.  Spend.  Spend.  Consume.  Waste.

THEY LIVE was prophetic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 01:29:39 PM »

I abhor consumerist culture and the carrot-on-a-stick mentality that drives advertising: what you have is never enough.  Spend.  Spend.  Spend.  Consume.  Waste.

THEY LIVE was prophetic.

When I saw that movie I felt really sad. The reason that the message: "buy, consume, buy, be unhappy, you want more, consume,..." that fills our life is NOT fault of an alien race. But just because we are idiots.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 08:05:40 PM »

There appeared to be this trend a few years ago where the fad was to be make the spokes-person/mascot purposely as annoying as possible.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:11:08 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 08:50:24 PM »

TP ads.  I don't need to see bears copping a squat either behind a tree that is only two inches wide or in a house either.

Joke for ya-A bear and a rabbit are takin a s**t-the bear asks the rabbit-"Do you have a problem with s**t sticking to your fur?"
Rabbit says-"no"
So the bear picks him up and wipes his ass with him.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 11:25:17 PM »

The "stand up for women" trash. I change the channel immediately.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 05:26:45 AM »

What freaks me out is commericials that will cure your skin problems and make you pretty-BUT MAY RESULT IN DEATH.
They list a drug that may-MAY help-but then list a hundred side effects that are worse than the condition you have! Real fast too! Some side effects are-than rattle off like an auctioneer-and end up with-"which may be fatal.'
Means yer gonna DIE!  Buggedout
I reckon if I have a skin condition or my dick dont get hard-dying will cure that! Ill get a stiffie if Im dead! Its called rigor mortis!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  LEAST FAVORITE COMMERCIAL SUBJECT « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.