Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:50:37 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Kung Fury [2015] « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kung Fury [2015]  (Read 5183 times)
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 28, 2015, 07:59:29 PM »

Kung Fury is finally out, do anyone already see it?

Here is the trailer:
https://youtube.com/devicesupport

The full movie is here:
https://youtube.com/devicesupport
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:31:45 AM by etmoviesb » Logged
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 02:10:17 AM »

Watched the first part, will check out the rest.

Gotta say, it's definitely got potential, and definitely takes alot of inspiration from the lower budget TV show Danger 5.Only a few minutes in but already there's a-lot of similarities between this and their second season [fighting Hitler, Animal headed people, gun shooting through the phone etc] but I love that show so rather than be sad they're ripping it off a bit, I'm going to just turn my brain off and enjoy the explosions.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 07:15:17 AM »

I finally saw it, and I have to say that it is really good. The action scene are all over the top as expected and the story is bizarrely nonsensical as expected.

I never seen Danger 5, but reading the wikipedia article it seems there are similarities. But after all, there are no better bad guys than the nazi...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 11:00:32 AM »

"We need a living passion, to believe in..."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM »

Let me fix that link:

Small | Large

It's not bad, but I agree with Dean; an average episode of "Danger 5" is much funnier and more clever. The David Hasselhoff promotional music video turned out to be a lot better than the feature to me.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:41:39 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 01:28:33 PM »

Enjoyed it a lot. Kinda glad they never got the funding to do a full length feature.
30 mins. is perfect for this, because I think having this for over an hour would wear off too quickly and actually become boring or too much. And the Hasselhoff music video is just plain awesome in its own right.

Bushma

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 05:03:58 PM »

Enjoyed it a lot. Kinda glad they never got the funding to do a full length feature.
30 mins. is perfect for this, because I think having this for over an hour would wear off too quickly and actually become boring or too much. And the Hasselhoff music video is just plain awesome in its own right.

Completely right! This was 30 minutes of fun!  I wouldn't mind if this became an episode show.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
VenomX73

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 08:18:48 PM »

$#%^^%$ AWESOME!

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Archivist

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 05:32:40 AM »

OMG this is insane!  I watched five minutes, and will save the rest for a group of friends who grew up watching 80's action movies.  This looks incredibly, incredibly cool.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 03:10:33 AM »

Finally got round to watching it. Absolutely insane and perfect at 30 mins. In a full length movie, it would be difficult to sustain this level of over the top silliness.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Jim H

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 12:14:47 AM »

I'm with Rev, though I liked it a bit more.  The True Survivor music video is great, and I like it more than the short.  I do like the short though, it's entertaining.

I'll say one thing I did miss was a bit of heart.  Kung Fury is deeply, deeply cynical.  It has no core.  If you want a bit of that 80s aesthetic and a bit more of that (and I'd say better film making), I recommend Turbo Kid.

! No longer available Small | Large
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 04:41:40 AM »

I'll say one thing I did miss was a bit of heart.  Kung Fury is deeply, deeply cynical.  It has no core. 

I completely agree. This is why it is fortunate that the movie is so short. In a full length movie, this kind of cynicism would be very annoying.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Jim H

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 11:25:06 PM »

I'll say one thing I did miss was a bit of heart.  Kung Fury is deeply, deeply cynical.  It has no core.  

I completely agree. This is why it is fortunate that the movie is so short. In a full length movie, this kind of cynicism would be very annoying.

Well, Kung Fury 2 is evidently getting made and will be full length.  I hope they can find some bit of a center for the movie.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF9zkdeE3AM/

The extremely ridiculous Dead Snow 2 managed it just barely, maybe it can too.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Kung Fury [2015] « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.