Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:39:23 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  BAD MOVIES . ORG « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: BAD MOVIES . ORG  (Read 22279 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2015, 10:48:25 AM »

To be brutally honest: if this site died, part of me would die too.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2015, 12:16:30 PM »

I'm not going anywhere.  My movie watching has dropped off with my loss of free time post-family. But I still catch the odd film, and love hearing whats going on with all my friends here.   
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2015, 08:29:33 PM »

It is not quite that bad yet, Ronny.  I showed my youngest the original "Night of the Living Dead" when he was 9 or 10.  He was sceptical about b&w, but he watched the whole thing and his verdict was "Not bad".  Which coming from him is high praise.   Lookingup  Then a week or two ago, I had him watch "Arsenic and Old Lace" with me and he was blown away by the humour: kept saying "I didn't know they would make jokes like that back then!"  (he thought black humour was a new invention?  Hmmm.  Another gap in his cultural education I must attend to!)  He loves Casablanca, too, among others.  He's 17 now and is telling me that he is finding more and more of his friends know about the obscure stuff I inflict upon him in terms of media.  And he does exceptionally well on the school quiz team.   Wink
I saw the original NotLD around 9 years old as well.  In fact, I saw it on the show MonsterVision that was on TNT hosted by Joe Bob Briggs back in the early 90s...1993 or so.  Good times. BounceGiggle

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2015, 10:54:57 PM »

I saw NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD around 1975 or so... in a "late night" ABC-TV broadcast that probably started 11:30pm.  When there were the TV broadcasts in the movie, a small disclaimer appeared on screen... ah, the old days.  Man that first viewing ended around 1 am.  It scared the sh!t out of me. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2015, 02:39:25 AM »

However it is true that it is quite some time there are no updates...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2015, 08:43:33 PM »

Random thought for TODAY: blahblahblahblahblah. 

JUKEBOX (and I'm here alone). 

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2015, 11:13:57 PM »

As long as the SYFY Channel exists, there will be bad movies.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flangepart

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2015, 01:08:15 PM »

I have a daily run of 'see what's up's.' This is one of them.
I like youse guys, and it's fun to see what's going on.
I have fun with the captions, for example. It's a good place to see ya'll take a crack at 'riffing' on an image. You do keep me entertained!
I mean, just look at the 'cat/beer' gags we've worked in since Sprite got that started.
And the opinions are kept to a (mostly) civil state. I like that. If it changed...well, I hope it don't!
And I do understand Andrew's life has 'higher priority targets', so to speak.
I'll be here as often as I can, and I hope you do too.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:49:26 AM by Flangepart » Logged

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 09:52:16 PM »

I've been here for 15 years now and even though I don't post nearly as much as I used to, I still lurk pretty much everyday.  I like to read all of Andrew's old movie reviews and the actor/director interviews because they were what originally drew me here.
I do wish he'd post more new content.  That's a surefire way to start up conversations here on the forum. (or, if you're old school like me, Phorum)   Wink   Thumbup

Personally, I don't think this forum is dying.  It's still pretty lively.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:02:23 AM by Ash » Logged
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2015, 04:41:59 AM »

I've been here for 15 years now and even though I don't post nearly as much as I used to, I still lurk pretty much everyday.  I like to read all of Andrew's old movie reviews and the actor/director interviews because they were what originally drew me here.
I do wish he'd post more new content.  That's a surefire way to start up conversations here on the forum. (or, if you're old school like me, Phorum)   Wink   Thumbup

Personally, I don't think this forum is dying.  It's still pretty lively.

TeddyR TeddyR

Ash and Dr Menard were the first people here to welcome me way back when: here I am and here I stay.  Smile

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2015, 08:15:20 PM »

Been here 8 years. No computer, so not as much anymore. But I've had good times. Trevor, Jase, RC, and AHD are good people.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2015, 07:20:51 AM »

Trevor, Jase, RC, and AHD are good people.

Hugs  Smile

Skull
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2015, 06:48:50 AM »

I don't think it's dying but there are so many places to go... I spend a good portion of my time at a MTG messageboard talking about Magic the Gathering (when I don't want to think of politics/work/writing)...

Then I used to spend a good deal amount of my time on Wattpad messageboards (talking about writing, stories ideas and helping those that are looking for help) I've been there for almost 4 years but I'm not liking the changes in wattpad (and I'm starting to get myself more focused on posting stories on Amazon)

This place is kind of fun. I like popping in and helping a person looking for a story.

As for movie watching in general - I had not been really interested in watching movies as I used to be, partly because I have a 6 year old and I'm limited to see the stuff (for her sake) and when I do get to watch some tv it's 10:00 and I'm ready to fall asleep. But it's not all her fault... Movies had been sucking lately. I saw the new Mad Max movie in the show and enjoyed it; but I saw like 15 minutes of move trailers from the new terminator movie to Jurassic Park and they don't seemed interesting to me. It sounds odd but the new Mad Max movie was the first movie in almost 10 years that I wanted to SEE in the show.

It's not really the messageboard... movies had been lacking that awesomeness that we enjoyed to talk about...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2015, 09:00:21 AM »

I divide my time between this site, FB, and an artifact forum called Arrowheadology.com

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2015, 03:29:12 PM »

I rarely turn off my old desktop (the fifth one I'm in front of now).  No one's here now, I often am here and not here. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  BAD MOVIES . ORG « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.