Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:53:52 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I made a movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I made a movie  (Read 4565 times)
SecondClassCinema
Dedicated Viewer

Your B-Movie Buffer

« on: June 19, 2015, 11:52:57 AM »

Hey everyone. Tom here from the Second Class Cinema podcast.

Ever here of the 48 hour film project?  Well that's when you have a weekend to write/shoot/edit a 4-8 minutes short film. I directed this year's Boston competition with a production company here in Mass.

If you guys would like to watch it, maybe provide some feedback I'd really appreciate it.  Keep in mind we literally did this from Friday at 7pm and had it delivered on Sunday at 7pm.

I also play the role of Greg, the guy we had initially booked had backed out that morning so I had to step up and do it.

! No longer available Small | Large

Thanks everyone!

Check out "Second Class Cinema: The B-Movie Experience" podcast!  http://secondclasscinema.com/
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 07:02:15 PM »

i liked it, the acting i think wasn't bad either. nor was the make-up and i think you and your friends did a pretty good job for making a film in a day. and i don't think anyone's going to hold that against you. Little Shop of horrors as you know only took 2 days to film and that's it and that's a cult classic.

i think you and your friends have promise. it started off a little slow and that was fine. for the zombie chick though i think she needs to do something other than spit at them next time. and i've actually never heard of the 48 hr film project before. i also think the laughs were in the right place too. what does anyone else think?
SecondClassCinema
Dedicated Viewer

Your B-Movie Buffer

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 08:24:59 AM »

Hey thanks for watching!

Yeah it was a very long shooting day leading up to the climax of the movie. Save actually we built that basement set in one of my friends live rooms in his recording studio.

Yeah a bunch of cities host this competition, we participated in the Boston one.

Check out "Second Class Cinema: The B-Movie Experience" podcast!  http://secondclasscinema.com/
pennywise37

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 03:54:54 PM »

no problem man. how did you guys do anyways?
SecondClassCinema
Dedicated Viewer

Your B-Movie Buffer

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 01:55:41 AM »

I don't think very well. We were pretty R rated compared to most of the others. I thought we had superior quality to most but I guess they didn't dig the comedic parts.

pennywise37

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 10:53:25 AM »

i dunno may be, iv'e never made a movie before but i have a feeling they may be really picky when it comes to stuff like that. sorry to hear that i think you guys did a fine job for making a short in one day. with all the crap that's out there today or even back in say the 70's. it was better than some of the movies i've seen from any era. like the house of a thousand cats to use that for an example. that wasn't a short but a full length movie and it's simply awful.

if Charles band can make Evil Bong and i loved the 1st one and that has comedy in it. and in that one it works as well. i haven't seen any of the sequels to be fair.
i think you can make a little short with comedy and have it work for it as well. i also think it's very hard to make a horror film or a horror short and have comedy work either cause from what i hear comedy is really hard to do and even harder to make it work and be funny.

anyways i hope you are wrong though and you do end up winning something. even if it's 2nd or 3rd place it's better than nothing and you can always try again. if you guys ever do work for say Charles Band or Roger Corman just put your short on as an extra on a blu-ray release. i think people would enjoy it.
SecondClassCinema
Dedicated Viewer

Your B-Movie Buffer

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 10:20:17 AM »

i dunno may be, iv'e never made a movie before but i have a feeling they may be really picky when it comes to stuff like that. sorry to hear that i think you guys did a fine job for making a short in one day. with all the crap that's out there today or even back in say the 70's. it was better than some of the movies i've seen from any era. like the house of a thousand cats to use that for an example. that wasn't a short but a full length movie and it's simply awful.

if Charles band can make Evil Bong and i loved the 1st one and that has comedy in it. and in that one it works as well. i haven't seen any of the sequels to be fair.
i think you can make a little short with comedy and have it work for it as well. i also think it's very hard to make a horror film or a horror short and have comedy work either cause from what i hear comedy is really hard to do and even harder to make it work and be funny.

anyways i hope you are wrong though and you do end up winning something. even if it's 2nd or 3rd place it's better than nothing and you can always try again. if you guys ever do work for say Charles Band or Roger Corman just put your short on as an extra on a blu-ray release. i think people would enjoy it.

Thanks I appreciate that. We didn't end up winning anything or getting any sort of recognition from the competition, but we were proud of what we accomplished in the time span.

pennywise37

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 02:25:27 PM »

well  look at it this way, the greats always started at the bottom. Roger Corman before he started making movies worked as a script advisor as fox, where he would pick up and read possible projects. and one of them that he read , he thought had potential and made notes on what could be fixed in the script. and it was a script that had been there who knows how long? and when he turned it in. he got no credit for it at all. and that film was "The Gunfighters' a film made in (1950) and it turned out to be a huge hit. and he later quit that job and later made his own movies. my point is you have to start somewhere.

he's my favorite producer/writer/director/actor'  those are all the various things he's done as you know. and that's why i mention him as an example. yes he's a B movie producer but he's doing  what he loves. and who knows maybe you should send your short to him and see if he'll hire you? i don't remember where his office is i think it's in L.A.  but i'm not sure. who knows maybe you will get lucky? i think you guys got promise you just still have a long way to go that's all.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 08:57:31 AM »

Considering the time frame you had to put this together I think it's great.

I liked it!

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
316zombie
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 12:14:43 AM »

WELL POOT!
it's no longer available! i'm depressed...
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 04:36:42 AM »

I liked this, you got some good gags in.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 06:59:17 AM »

I really liked it!  Good camera work, professional editing, characters were entertaining, dialogue was witty, theme music was appropriate - excellent job!  About my only criticism is that it didn't dawn on me until after it was over that the stripper was the girl from the beginning (of course I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree sometimes, so maybe that's just me  BounceGiggle )  If she'd been in her hooker outfit in the beginning I would have made the connection immediately.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
SecondClassCinema
Dedicated Viewer

Your B-Movie Buffer

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 09:19:01 AM »

Wow thanks everyone!

The main guy, who played "Sean" and myself ("Greg" in the short) wrote it that Friday night.

Appreciate the feedback a lot!  Us here on the podcast are going to slowly start putting together some video content in a VHS "bad movie" format. 

Thank you everybody!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I made a movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.