Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:56:39 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Spiritual Sequels for Three Iconic Series « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spiritual Sequels for Three Iconic Series  (Read 1262 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 27, 2015, 11:01:44 PM »

Yeah I know I haven't posted in forever, college is s**t what can'ya do? I'll tell you what else is s**t: Rare, Konami, and Capcom. These companies are the poster boys for washed up has-beens.

Rare royally screwed the pooch on Banjo-Threeie and gave us the abortion of a game known as Nuts and Bolts which not only failed to live up to expectations it blatantly insulted the formula of the classics.

Capcom has just been sitting on Mega Man, refusing to use what is essentially their company mascot in favor of making more horrible Resident Evil sequels.

But most of all Konami has p**sed me off before as I have raved about before this. Konami actually made a point to use the Castlevania IP but instead of releasing another Metroidvania masterpiece like Symphony of the Night they decided it'd be better to make the millionth f**king God of War rip-off.

However I'm not the only one who's mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore. The developers of these classic IPs have been using crowdfunding to bring back the old classics with a new skin. Obviously these aren't the same IPs but they're essentially identical.

Pictured above are the characters Yooka and Layle from the upcoming game "Yooka-Layle". Now what other games do you know of where you control a land animal and a flying animal that are named after underused musical instruments?

Here's the Kickstarter page

Mighty No. 9 is essentially a carbon-copy of the NES Mega Man titles. In fact many of the characters have identical names to their Mega Man counterparts.

Here's their website

And finally the one I'm happiest about...

I can't overstate how happy I am this is a thing. I adore the Metroidvania style games and despise the route Konami took with Castlevania. They took one of my favorite game series and made me watch while they butchered it so it'd fit better in a game industry saturated by bland AAA games. Seeing a brand new, 2D, HD, Metroidvania game with that classic art style is just... Haaaah... Glorious.

Here's the Kickstarter, videos below.

! No longer available Small | Large

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Spiritual Sequels for Three Iconic Series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.