Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:04:56 PM
714236 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Internet Confessions « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Internet Confessions  (Read 9974 times)
claws
« on: June 29, 2015, 05:24:10 PM »

I've had internet since 2001 but...

... I've never used e-bay. Never signed up, never sold or bought anything on e-bay.
... never had paypal.
... never used my credit card online.

After 11 years I quit ordering from amazon two years ago. I used amazon mostly to buy DVDs and Blu-rays, and the last 4 years I would buy between 15-20 blu-rays per month. I had piles of unwatched discs. Now I buy my physical media at stores, about 5-7 a month and I'm fine with that. Do I miss the convenience of ordering online? Not really. Plus, no more tempting amazon sales to clutter my shelves.

... I've never used movie streaming services because I'm spoiled by Blu-ray HD. Streaming is a step down in quality so why should I pay for less? And I don't care if Orange is the new Black or that Hannibal got cancelled. I stopped watching TV fifteen years ago and I absolutely don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Your turn to confess!

WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 08:58:34 PM »

I'm one of those people who will post something-then check it on and off for the next 10-20 minutes hoping someone replies.

I often check out the pages of people that I know I'll disagree with just to see what they are saying.  I'll tell myself I'm never going to that page again-only to do it the next day.

No paid streaming service or online gaming for me.

I once posted a trolling comment to Gail Simone-(professional comic book writer of Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey etc).  And she replied.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:20:11 PM »

I never really got in to the on-line gaming all that much.  For years we didn't have the bandwidth for it as the games got more intensive.  Nor most of the music stuff either.  I just have iTunes and that's pretty much it.  I don't stream Pandora or the like down to my car because not only do I have satellite radio but I also have music on my iPhone.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 10:31:46 PM »

I've been chatting with the same person online for 15 years now; I consider her one of my closest friends, but we have never met face to face.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 06:13:39 AM »

Kind of related, to this day I have never learned to photoshop. I've tried many times but to no avail. Over the years I looked up many videos on how to do it but yeah, I'm lacking skills and finesse  BounceGiggle

Also, 2009 went down in history as I was actually able to take my very first (and only) screen capture! I only managed because a online friend talked me through the procedure  BounceGiggle
I wouldn't know how to take one if you'd asked me today though.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 06:32:22 AM »

I first used the Net in 1997.

The first website I ever went to was the IMDB.

The first film banner I clicked on was the one for Event Horizon.

The first email I ever sent was to the actor Robert Urich. (RIP)

The first virus my work PC ever got was the Stupid Jerk virus.

I normally either buy DVDs in store or on www.takealot.com.

I search for cut price undies on www.itchyandscratchy.com  Buggedout Wink
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:36:06 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 08:35:54 AM »

Since I find arguing over the Internet largely unproductive and unpleasant, I frequently write out a response to a stupid post and then not submit it. It's very therapeutic.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 10:00:31 PM »

I've been chatting with the same person online for 15 years now; I consider her one of my closest friends, but we have never met face to face.

I had one like that for several years.  She lives in New York state and I'm out here in Iowa.  We met through twitter when I asked her a question about medication we were both taking.  Kind of went from there and we were pretty good friends for a while.  When I decided to go cross NYC off my bucket list she came down to visit.  We lost touch in 2013 after her divorce and it's been a couple years since I've talked to her.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 09:26:23 AM »

I've never had a credit card and until I got married had never taken out a bank loan. This caused a few issues when I went to get my security clearance renewed and despite having worked for the RAF for 10 years at that point, they couldn't find any proof I existed when they carried out a credit check.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 12:39:55 PM »

I have one of those too.   
I have no time for online gaming of any kind, I just don't care to play with strangers.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 04:06:55 PM »

I've never visited www.nakedandninety.com .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 07:46:51 PM »

I started using the Net in 2000. I didn't have a computer in my house till 2006 so until then I took care of all of my Net doin's on a PC at the public library.

My first Internet browser was Netscape Navigator.

The first thing I ever ordered online was a CD from a now-defunct site called CDNow.

I've never bought, sold or bid on anything on eBay.

I use Facebook but I never had a MySpace page.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 08:37:54 PM »

When I started using the Internet usenet was the killer app. There wasn't much on the worldwide web and it took forever to download a simple low-res picture. I had email but since I didn't know anyone else with an account it was pretty useless.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 08:52:31 PM »

I started using the internet in 1998. Before that, I was completely ignorant about computers. Didn't really learn how to use them until my mid-20s aside from gaming on a Commodore 64.

I've used ebay to buy and sell but selling from here usually ends up costing me more than I get out of it as ebay underestimates our overpriced shipping rates here.

I've had far more loyal and true friends I've never met in person online (some in the last 15+years) than many of the so-called real friends I've had in my life.

I've been a regular at many sites on their message boards but most either revamped so dramatically I no longer had any interest in posting there or their message boards no longer exist. This is one of the longer lasting message boards I've been a regular on.

I used to write online TV episode reviews for one site but they're no longer available online. Still have them stored away though. Have considered starting my own website to post stuff like that again but I've been reluctant as I know little about putting up my own site and I know how much time I put into those in the first place and I know it would cut into time in my daily life to do it right and to do it justice and I'm not sure I have that much time and energy to invest at the moment.

I've been known to log in late at night when I couldn't sleep to see if there's anything new online.

I rarely watch any movies online and if I do, it'll be on youtube for free. Greatly prefer other formats such as DVD, BluRay, even VHS or just watching it on TV.

I've noticed a difference in people online. To me, far more people are more outspoken and rude, even about topics they really know little about or don't fully understand. To me, all forms of entertainment media have declined in quality since the early 2000s on-wards. Everything has become about instant gratification and flash means more than substance now. So many things now are forgettable and interchangeable and lack meaning.

I have Facebook but I don't like it very much. I have Twitter but barely use it. Never had MySpace yet it sounded more appealing than Facebook.

I've never played PS games online, only used it to download content and then only free content.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 10:02:51 PM »

I used to be a top-100 reviewer on Amazon.com but they changed the contributor rating system a few years back and I don't even know what my ranking is anymore. Way up in the nosebleed section, I'm sure. Reviewing on there was a hobby that filled the hours while I worked a job that took me far from home and had two basic modes: either stressfully boring or stressfully intense.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Internet Confessions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.