Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:57:34 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 408277 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1635 on: October 27, 2016, 06:54:16 PM »

What you consider Reagan's mistakes I consider two of his wisest decisions.  GHW Bush was a good and decent man and a great President; he deserved a second term IMO. 
And frankly, the GOP didn't start losing Presidential elections until the far right started demagoguing on illegal immigration!

There simply aren't enough angry white men in America for the party to win with that vote alone anymore.  The GOP MUST broaden its appeal to women and Latinos if it is to carry the White House again.

Trump, with his irresponsible rhetoric, alienates too many of both.

But I do agree I am ready for this to be OVER WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!   TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1636 on: October 27, 2016, 07:24:48 PM »

Well, Oprah finally opened up her craw & made it clear she's joining the "Hold y'r Nose & Vote" crowd.
The reasons she gave sound a phony as the handbag story.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1637 on: October 27, 2016, 07:44:53 PM »

Skull - again, my point is that there is no evidence/ belief in anyones circles that Iran would attack the continental united states with a missile of nuclear or any other sort. Israel and their nieghbors have quite a headache with all this but that's a different issue.  I challenge you to find someone who believes that an attack by iran on the US is a  genuine risk we face.

I live near Boston and have seen women in burkas and walking behind their husbands and so forth I have no illusions about Islam.

also I mis posted this

Small | Large
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:47:27 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Skull
« Reply #1638 on: October 27, 2016, 07:49:37 PM »

What you consider Reagan's mistakes I consider two of his wisest decisions.  GHW Bush was a good and decent man and a great President; he deserved a second term IMO.

GHW Bush did everything to undermined the term Conservatism. He is the reason why nobody knows what is a Conservative.

And frankly, the GOP didn't start losing Presidential elections until the far right started demagoguing on illegal immigration!

You mean 'Read my lips no new taxes' had nothing to do about it...

There simply aren't enough angry white men in America for the party to win with that vote alone anymore.

Boy are you brainwashed too...

The GOP MUST broaden its appeal to women and Latinos if it is to carry the White House again.

And they broaden this by getting the Democrats more voters? Please note that the Reagan Latinos voted Democrat. Also, I'm sick and tired of hearing that we NEED to bring in dumb 3rd world workers to do the job that lazy Americans don't want to do. NEWS FLASH - slavery is over! If your playing people under the minimum wage than your hiring slaves!

Trump, with his irresponsible rhetoric, alienates too many of both.

The truth hurts...

But I do agree I am ready for this to be OVER WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!   TeddyR

Awesome the world is going to end - we agree!!!  Drink

Well, Oprah finally opened up her craw & made it clear she's joining the "Hold y'r Nose & Vote" crowd.
The reasons she gave sound a phony as the handbag story.

I bet she owns Hillary :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:39:56 PM by Skull » Logged
Skull
« Reply #1639 on: October 27, 2016, 07:58:54 PM »

Skull - again, my point is that there is no evidence/ belief in anyones circles that Iran would attack the continental united states with a missile of nuclear or any other sort.

I challenge you to answer these two question:

Why do Iran need a nuke? What are they afraid of?

Are they going to nuke ISIS... That's silly.

I could see Japan getting a nuke before Iran and Japan has justification (aka North Korea)... I don't see any justification to give Iran a Nuke.

I do agree that America should not be the world policeman but America shouldn't be allowing everybody have nukes. The nuke deal is a pathway for Iran to have nukes. There is no reason for this. If the founding fathers was alive they would have Obama and everybody that signed the nuke deal in JAIL.

As for your challenge... I've posted Khamenei quotes please read them again. [He is the Supreme Leader of Iran]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:37:12 PM by Skull » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1640 on: October 27, 2016, 09:43:41 PM »

I would point out that GW Bush won TWICE by winning a significant chunk of the Hispanic vote.
In his second term, the GOP began screaming about illegals - and we haven't won the White House since, and aren't going to this time.
You have to WIN in order to influence policy.  Trump is not going to WIN because 60% of the American people, in the most recent poll, have a negative impression of him, and only 35% have a positive impression.

Clinton's negatives are high - about 53% - but his are higher.

I said this way back when this thread started - he's the ONLY GOP candidate that makes Clinton seem likable by comparison.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1641 on: October 27, 2016, 10:43:56 PM »

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Skull
« Reply #1642 on: October 28, 2016, 08:24:52 AM »

I would point out that GW Bush won TWICE by winning a significant chunk of the Hispanic vote.
In his second term, the GOP began screaming about illegals - and we haven't won the White House since, and aren't going to this time.
You have to WIN in order to influence policy.  Trump is not going to WIN because 60% of the American people, in the most recent poll, have a negative impression of him, and only 35% have a positive impression.

Clinton's negatives are high - about 53% - but his are higher.

I said this way back when this thread started - he's the ONLY GOP candidate that makes Clinton seem likable by comparison.

This is why I don't understand the polls... How could Trump who seemed to have higher negative then Hillary has more votes than any republican in the history of primaries and his votes out numbered Hillary. And if it wasn't for the DNC CHEATING we would be talking about Trump vs Sanders. Trump is holding 2 to 3 conventions a day and he's packing 2,500 people easy... Hillary does one convention every other day and she's lucky to get 300 people. Mike Pence has a convention he packs almost 2,000 people. Tim Kaine has a convention and he's lucky to see 30 people.  

Trump facebook has 11,793,845 likes

Hillary facebook has 7,569,120 likes

Sorry the math makes no sense.

My fear was a strong 3rd party candidate - but that was thrown out the window because Hillary's people found out that when a 3rd party candidate gets stronger Hillary's numbers go down (Not Trump's Numbers!)... This is why we are not seeing any 3rd party candidate. If the 3rd party candidate was overcoming Trump's numbers, we would see the debate with 3 people.

My NEW fear is Hillary going to cheat her way to victory (like she did with Sanders). Voters in Texas had been noticing that machines seemed to omit Trumps name (when they are voting straight party republican) it's said it's a glitch... I think that's bulls**t. It's no glitch. So I would like to see a really really big voter turn out.  

PS - I do believe Obama cheated for his second term and he used the IRS (something that Nixon said he'll do but never did).

On the side note... does anybody think it's funny in 2012 Romney said his fear was Russia and Obama laughed at him and told the American People that the cold war was over... and 2016 all we are hearing from the Democrats is that the Russians are trying to screw the election over by hacking and exposing secret documents (even though the documents expose criminal actions)....

I also find it odd how the News seemed it was ok to play a tape of Trump talking smack 11 years ago - regardless where the content came from... yet they won't talk about wiki leaks because the democrat's believed the Russians did it to screw over the election. (I don't think the Russians hack the Democrats - but I do think it's dangerous for the Democrats to point their finger at Russia)

And I've didn't get into Project Veritas videos...

Anyway... we have a few more weeks to go.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:37:23 AM by Skull » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1643 on: October 28, 2016, 10:00:39 AM »

Skull -

Why do Iran need a nuke? What are they afraid of?

Israel's 200 nukes, all of which are pointed at them.

It's also a good deterrent from invasion look at north Korea vs iraq.

saudi Arabia also have access to the nukes in Pakistan and the shia /sunni rivalry is as tense as the Jewish/ Muslim one

at any rate as you say we aren't the world's police and Iran has the same right as anyone else to have a nuclear POWER program and they have signed the Nuclear Non Proliferation treaty.

re this stupid election if I had the only vote I would not hire either Hillary or Trump. Trump is too unhinged and Hillary is embodiment of all thats wrong with Washington and at best a poor imitation of her much more talented husband.

I happily chose Ron Paul but I could have lived with either Romney or Obama. No good choices this time around even the third parties are unworkable.

more and more I'm of the belief that there is no single person who can properly run a 5 trillion dollar budget. shrink it or break it up

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:05:53 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1644 on: October 28, 2016, 10:57:39 AM »

I think whoever wins will be asked to step aside by their political party in 4 years and give someone else a shot at the White House

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Jim H

« Reply #1645 on: October 28, 2016, 12:02:05 PM »

Quote from: Skull
Trump vs Sanders. Trump is holding 2 to 3 conventions a day and he's packing 2,500 people easy... Hillary does one convention every other day and she's lucky to get 300 people. Mike Pence has a convention he packs almost 2,000 people. Tim Kaine has a convention and he's lucky to see 30 people. 

You've brought this up several times, so I'd like to share a quote that relates.

"There's something going on in this country and the pollsters aren't getting it.  Nobody who’s been with me for the last few days and has seen these crowds, seen their response, seen their enthusiasm, seen the intensity of their response and how they respond to these issues, no one who’s been where I’ve been, can help but believe that there’s something happening in this country.”

This is from Walter Mondale, who had a rally of 100,000 a week before the election.  He lost the electoral college 525 to 13.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1646 on: October 28, 2016, 01:50:46 PM »

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1647 on: October 28, 2016, 05:44:03 PM »

FBI is reopening the investigation into Hillary's emails.
This after finding new evidence in the Wiener investigation.
The Irony!
THE IRONY!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
claws
« Reply #1648 on: October 28, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1649 on: October 28, 2016, 06:58:22 PM »

can someone explain the email thing to me in a succinct way?

I've been hearing about it for months but I don't see the "hook" if you will. like who cares that she used a different email or something. why is that bad beyond that it's some rule they have?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.