Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:10 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 399921 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2015, 11:15:43 AM »

He ran last time too.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2015, 09:56:19 PM »

He ran last time too.

And was thoroughly laughed out of the lineup, just as he deserved. I wish people would have done the same this time around.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2015, 10:24:36 PM »

whoever is the least inspiring should run so we can all ignore the election. How great would it be 1if no one cared and the news just stopped covering it
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2015, 11:27:16 PM »

Paul Reubens
Because the Bamster makes Peewee Herman look like a man!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2015, 12:42:45 AM »

Since people seem to think that Turnip will win, let's take a look at his idiocy and laugh in it.
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1344736273536488996.png

If he somehow won, there would be riots.

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2015, 01:14:29 PM »

I think Trump killed his chances with the comments about MCCain not being a war hero.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2015, 01:55:14 PM »

No one ever won the Presidency by being a jerk.
Trump is a world class jerk.
Ergo, he will not win the Presidency.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2015, 02:44:13 PM »

I posted this on my FB page earlier.  Since it's relative to this discussion without being overtly partisan, I thought I'd share it here too.

WHY DONALD TRUMP WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT

I've watched politics my whole life, going all the way back to when I was 12 and Jimmy Carter beat Gerald Ford in the 76 election.  One factor has held through that whole time:  the guy who is perceived as being more likable will always win.  If you wouldn't have the candidate over to your house for a backyard barbecue, you won't vote for him.  Let's run down the list:
Carter vs. Ford - Carter was a simple, down-to-earth guy, a peanut farmer who had never been to Washington, who taught Sunday school at his church and sounded like a good ole country boy.  Ford was a career politician - a very nice man according to all who knew him - but he was stained by his pardon of Nixon, and he sounded too much like a politician.  Advantage: Carter.
Carter vs. Reagan - Reagan was funny, charming, and great with a one-liner.  Carter, by this point, had become a downright depressing individual - clearly out of his depth in the office and blaming his incompetence on America's declining virtue.  So, a friendly, joking grandfather figure or a gloomy policy wonk? Advantage: Reagan
Reagan vs. Mondale - Reagan was still his witty, one-lining, enjoyable self, with the added virtue of facing a near fatal bullet wound with incredible courage and good humor.  Mondale was perhaps the most boring human being on the planet.  A guy whose jokes will keep you laughing, versus a droning pedant who will have your guests snoring in five minutes?  Advantage: Reagan.
Bush vs. Dukakis - Bush 41 was less likable than his son, but there was still something endearingly goofy and awkward about this guy.  Dukakis, on the other hand, was so cold-blooded that Dave Barry said of him: "You could never listen when he was talking because you kept waiting for his tongue to flick out and catch a passing fly."  Goofy aristocrat vs. boring accountant - Advantage: Bush41
Bush vs. Clinton - the awkward charm had worn thin and the President seemed increasingly detached from the people, while Slick Willie was funny, jovial, and very charismatic.  Yes, he'd probably put the moves on your wife the minute you were out of the room, but he was SO ingratiating you would just make sure she was out of town next time you had him over.  Beleaguered aristocrat vs. cool young governor - Advantage: Clinton.
Clinton vs Dole - The GOP got a bad case of the stupids and nominated a certifiable geezer this time - a cranky old fart who always looked like he was going to accuse you of stealing his newspaper.  Clinton's charm had worn off to some extent, but he was still more likable on a bad day than Dole was on his best day. Geezer vs. Likable Skirtchaser - Advantage: Clinton!
Bush vs. Gore - W was, even according to his political rivals, a genuinely likable guy.  Yes, he mispronounced stuff and didn't always come across as a particularly bright, but Gore was another Democrat without personality:  droning facts and figures and accusing anything he disagreed with of being a "risky scheme" in that droning baritone voice of his.  Country boy vs. boring professor of environmental science - Advantage: Bush.
Bush vs. Kerry - W was still cruising on a winning war record and his undeniable affection for our men and women in uniform, while Kerry looked like a Yankee undertaker who would try to sell a grieving widow the most expensive casket in the shop. Aloof and unlikable, his Senate record also branded him, fairly or not, as a flip-flopper.  Shady undertaker vs. the patriotic commander-in-chief - Advantage: Bush.
McCain vs. Obama -  Having learned nothing from the Dole-Clinton election, the GOP, in a year when their brand was badly damaged already, nominated a boring old geezer with a stellar war record against the coolest, most hip politician since Clinton played the clarinet on Arsenio Hall - and he was America's first non-white candidate to boot!  Geezer vs. Hipster -  Advantage: Obama.
Romney vs. Obama - Here is the thing: I bet, in person, Romney is a far nicer guy than Barack Obama.  But, in front of a crowd, he comes across as plastic and phony - I always said that if Wiley Coyote had ordered a "Presidential Candidate Kit" from Acme, when he opened the box, Mitt Romney would have popped out!  Obama, despite his party's drubbing in the 2010 Congressional election, still came across as a cool cat who understood the plight of the little people.  Mellow hipster vs. Canned Politician - Advantage: Obama.

So this brings us to Trump.  Not to put too fine a point on it, the man is a jerk.  He insults his rivals, tosses out offensive rhetoric  about minorities that the GOP desperately needs to win over, and now trashes our veterans.  So we have a guy who comes across as an annoying blowhard who would spend your entire barbecue talking about himself and how great he is, versus a field of candidates who are all more personable and likable than he is. Conclusion: Trump will drop like a rock once the primaries start, leaving people shaking their heads and wondering how this bozo ever held a lead, even briefly!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2015, 03:56:18 PM »

Someone who dresses like they're from the 19th century would win. People had more trust in the office then

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2015, 05:44:32 PM »

Who's missing in the previously posted scorecard? My local paper said there were more than a dozen Republican candidates.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2015, 10:10:13 PM »

There are a total of 17 Republican Presidential candidates at the moment.  I watched both debates last night and recorded my own reactions  in my blog today.   You can check it out here if you are interested.

http://lewisliterarylair.blogspot.com/

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2015, 11:42:57 AM »

Trump is kind of like the American Berlesconi
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2015, 12:21:47 PM »

Updated score card.

Republicans: Donald Trump, Mario Rubio, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, Rand Paul, Rick Perry, George Pataki, Ben Carson, Bobby Jindal, Lindsey Graham, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Scott Walker, Carly Fiorina, Josh Kasich and Jim Gilmore.

Democrats: Bernie Sanders, Hilary Clinton, Jim Webb, Lincoln Chafee and Martin O'Malley.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2015, 02:53:05 AM »

And the scary thing is-even after the f**king debate-he is STILL top runner!
Democrats will win-because the Chump-I mean the Trump-will loose-even his own party hate him! SO! Why is this dick in the lead? And Hilary? Shes just a scary b***h.
Ill tell you why.
Because idiots take politics like a stupid TV show-why stupid morons like the Kardashins-no talent a***oles who make headlines for being-a***oles! The country has become a nation of lemmings. TV has brainwashed folks to thinking that TV is important.
 Its all BULLs**t! They need a holiday in Cambodia.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2015, 03:18:34 AM »

I domt want any of these dicks to be president!! Saunders is the best of the bunch-but not like I care-I just think the rest are worse! DAM! We need an FDR.
This country is run by people with big money who dont give a f**k about YOU!
I just dont wanna get in a atom bomb war-and it will happen-because we are a***oles,
We really are-and it will happen if we keep trying to make other countries like our b***h.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.