Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:23:26 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 407183 times)
Skull
« Reply #720 on: June 17, 2016, 06:15:24 PM »

Feds add Orlando gay club shooter’s father, wife to no-fly lists

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/feds-add-orlando-gay-club-shooter%E2%80%99s-father-wife-to-no-fly-lists/ar-AAhdXeL?ocid=ansmsnnews11

Yeah, I sort of got a feeling that his father could be behind this...

Back to the topic of Who should be the Next President?

ME!!!!! TeddyR

I would like to see you VP for Trump :) [Maybe you should talk to him]
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #721 on: June 17, 2016, 11:52:33 PM »

My only motivation in accepting that would be to engineer his assassination, and then replace him and become the overlord of the universe!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Skull
« Reply #722 on: June 20, 2016, 08:51:48 AM »

My only motivation in accepting that would be to engineer his assassination, and then replace him and become the overlord of the universe!

Now I see the connection with you and Ted Cruz...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5msCjCWWrk0

On the serious note... it seemed that the US government is releasing a 'partial recording' of the 911 call from the gay bar shooter; Freedom to Censor at it's best. Partial recording because they don't want any Islamic references coming from the shooter. Even though the shooter had to call in to make such references because he wanted to be award for his deed.

For those that don't know... When an Islamic Terrorist is killing and/or mass killing they must announce the act (so they will be awarded for their deed)... I think it's called a: Bay'at or Bay'ah... sorry if I got the word wrong but I know there's a word for this act.  

It does make you kind of wonder... I mean by: I'm a boy and today I feel like a girl... The government would be like, "I have a right to feel like a girl." Even though I'm not a girl... Meanwhile a terrorist shooting 100 people is telling the world he's doing it for Islam - the government is looking for any other means but the one the shooter was calming.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:11:51 AM by Skull » Logged
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #723 on: June 20, 2016, 04:51:24 PM »

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/06e5955c55a94a8bbb142adeca597213/authorities-man-vegas-rally-said-he-wanted-kill-trump

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #724 on: June 21, 2016, 01:34:38 AM »

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/06e5955c55a94a8bbb142adeca597213/authorities-man-vegas-rally-said-he-wanted-kill-trump

I believe Trump is perhaps the most polarizing candidate this country has ever had.
I'll give you odds -if he's elected-which likely will happen-he doesn't survive his first term.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ulthar

« Reply #725 on: June 21, 2016, 08:48:48 AM »

Yep.  Blowing through PC nonsense is "polarizing."

Trump is a by-product of a culture that has stigmatized disagreeing with Progressive ideology.  In other words, the polarization was already there.  Trump did not cause it. 

Our nation has been this polarized for 20 years, but 1/2 the population has been unjustifiably called a racist or a bigot nearly every time they opened their mouth to express an opinion.

So again, Trump did not cause this.  His popularity is an effect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #726 on: June 21, 2016, 09:45:16 AM »

Yep.  Blowing through PC nonsense is "polarizing."

Trump is a by-product of a culture that has stigmatized disagreeing with Progressive ideology.  In other words, the polarization was already there.  Trump did not cause it. 

Our nation has been this polarized for 20 years, but 1/2 the population has been unjustifiably called a racist or a bigot nearly every time they opened their mouth to express an opinion.

So again, Trump did not cause this.  His popularity is an effect.
Sadly-what you say is true.
Also sadly-just because it's NOT PC don't make it RIGHT.
I could care less about PC-Trump is an example of a people following a man who appeals to the blue collar (why is beyond me-he's a flippin millionaire)-by telling them what they want to hear.
Once he gets in office-dollars to donuts-he turns on you and goes for his own agenda.
I could care less about PC-what is-what isn't-as a human being and a thinking man who couldn't give a flying f#ck about rich people with secret agendas (dont feel bad-I think Hillary has one too)-he's a liar and he is just telling you what you want to hear-he's a f**king TV star,man! He is a genius at manipulation.
I know this will sound like the old-"compare to Hitler" thing-but it is comparable-Hitler took a desillusioned mass and made them into lemmings.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #727 on: June 21, 2016, 09:54:01 AM »

I dont see ANYBODY in the near future who has this country's interest at heart.
They ALL have some kinda personal agenda.
GOD DAMMIT!  hot
I LOVE my country!
For rich scumbags running for president who have no real idea how common people live is depressing.
And they are all liars-Trump-Hillary-f**k em.  Hatred

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #728 on: June 21, 2016, 10:17:50 AM »

Yep.  Blowing through PC nonsense is "polarizing."

Trump is a by-product of a culture that has stigmatized disagreeing with Progressive ideology.  In other words, the polarization was already there.  Trump did not cause it.  

So again, Trump did not cause this.  His popularity is an effect.

This is true.
He is-your right.
But the masses started Communism. And Facism. Folks like Stalin and Hitler and Mussolini got where the were buy popular support. The masses are idiots.
So-actually-by history's  example-and it's always this way-were f**ked.-just the way it is.
It's history-we follow demigoges (I can't spell that word-I dont feel too bad-Skull cant hardly spell anything)-because we are too stupid to make choices for ourselves-so we follow folks with a good line of s**t-be it good or bad.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 10:43:33 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ulthar

« Reply #729 on: June 21, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »

But the masses started Communism. And Facism. Folks like Stalin and Hitler and Mussolini got where the were buy popular support. The masses are idiots.
So-actually-by history's  example-and it's always this way-were f**ked.-just the way it is.

All elections are popularity contests, and it's a constant tug-of-war between factions.  One could make the exact same arguments regarding the election of any "good" President in history.

Fun Fact: Roughly half of the eligible population bothers to vote at all.  We hear this as "voter turn-out."  Bill Clinton, for example, was elected President of the United States without a true plurality; only about 55% of the eligible population voted at all and less than 50% voted for him.

(see: http://www.fec.gov/pages/rat92.htm)

If we think about the math here just for a second, that means Clinton was elected in 1992 by the will of about 25% of the eligible voting population.  That's pretty much true for ALL Presidential elections, at least post WW-II.  Even Reagan's "popularity" is supported by only 52-53% total eligible voter turn-out in 1980 and 1984.

The fact that Trump is "popular" among likely voters is hardly comparable to the populist rises to power of totalitarian regimes of the early 20th Century.  The mechanism of Stalin's and Hitler's "popularity" is simply very, very different.

Trump ain't Stalin or Hitler, and any claims that he would be are farcical and vapid.  The power of the President in this country is limited, and it is so on purpose.  Douglas Adams perhaps outlined this concept in the clearest way...the position of President is not to wield power but deflect attention from it.

Unless Trump were to somehow completely gut the Constitution and grab ALL power from Congress, he will mostly likely be little more than "hot air" just like every one of the last 10-15 Presidents have been.  Even Obama has been severely limited even though his administration THREATENED to usurp unconstitutional powers (in the form of Executive Orders elevated to 'laws' or some such) numerous times.  He has actually formally accomplished little that he has tried to do.  His social and cultural influences have been much greater.

And, again, this is the true value of our Constitutional system, and it is by design.  They, both President and Congress, are not really SUPPOSED to be able to do much.  The less they "do" the better we all are.

Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, has already demonstrated (numerous times) that she does not care about the laws of our nation or the procedures of our government.  Shoot, she was trying to push through legislation when she did not even hold an elected office ("Hillary-Care").  Her history on this goes way, way back and it is just possible that she would be the actual danger exemplified those totalitarian regimes you mentioned.

--Real Genius
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #730 on: June 21, 2016, 10:46:30 AM »

All I know is that I have never felt fear, loathing, and visceral disgust for a candidate like I do for Donald Trump.
Hillary?  Just another liberal pol in a country that elects them every other time.
But Trump?  A nasty, thuggish bully who could easily start World War 3. 

Seriously, can we have a do-over on this one?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #731 on: June 21, 2016, 10:51:12 AM »

I am not saying that Hitler or Stalin were voted in-actually Hitler was-by hook and crook-but he-and Stalin-were immensly popular-by appealing to the masses-and that is what Trump does. I dont think Trump has to cheat to win-he will-on the power of white America's fears that they are losing control.
It's called Nationalism-to the point of being Fascist.
He WILL win-fair and square-but dam if itr aint a sad day in American history if he does.
What have we sunk to when we go from Lincoln and Roosevelt-to this. Some bigmouth racist.
The popular vote-Ulthar? Yup-thats the American way.
I dont give a f**k.
That was the German way.
Deluded by a power hungry meglomaniac-just because its popular-dont mean it's right.
Heroin is popular too.
Makes ya feel good-for a while.-Is it good for you? NO. Fer a minute it is. In the long run-hell no.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 11:18:22 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ulthar

« Reply #732 on: June 21, 2016, 01:13:51 PM »

It's called Nationalism-to the point of being Fascist.

Where do you get the idea that Trump's popularity is stemming from either Nationalism OR Fascism?

Do you have any actual evidence to support that assertion, or is it just a game of throwing out emotionally loaded terms? 

He WILL win-fair and square-but dam if itr aint a sad day in American history if he does.

Well, that remains to be seen.  I hear a LOT of general, vague doom predictions regarding Trump, but little actual of actual substance.  What specifically do you think he will do that will be so "sad" for America?  What specific thing(s) do you think he will do that will make things worse than they are right now?

What have we sunk to when we go from Lincoln and Roosevelt-to this. Some bigmouth racist.

Well, if those are your standards for "highs" in US, we really would not have all that far to fall, eh?  Lincoln chose to launch the nation to the Civil War when he COULD have chosen to go along with secession and Roosevelt...I'm assuming you mean FDR?  If so, I have two words: Welfare State.  FDR's legacy to this nation is an abomination.

The popular vote-Ulthar? Yup-thats the American way.
I dont give a f**k.
That was the German way.
Deluded by a power hungry meglomaniac-just because its popular-dont mean it's right.

You keep throwing out these terms but I don't think you really mean what you are saying OR understand history.  That you keep mentioning Germany is interesting.

Heroin is popular too.

So what.  Your comments are full of straw men colorfully stated but straw men nonetheless.

Our choices this election are:

Clinton
Trump
A Few off-party candidates
Don't Vote

That's it.  Hitler is not on the ballet, and neither is heroin.  This is not 1932 Germany.

Donald Trump, like him or hate him, has done nothing to corrupt our system of representative government.  He sought the nomination, won a bunch of votes in his chosen party's primary and looks to be the nomination.  Arguments of "populism" apply equally to Hillary and every other single candidate for ANY office that has ever run, since he has done nothing different than any of them.

--Real Genius
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #733 on: June 21, 2016, 01:35:20 PM »

"Well, if those are your standards for "highs" in US, we really would not have all that far to fall, eh?  Lincoln chose to launch the nation to the Civil War when he COULD have chosen to go along with secession and Roosevelt...I'm assuming you mean FDR?  If so, I have two words: Welfare State.  FDR's legacy to this nation is an abomination."

Ulthar-I thought you had half a brain.

That is one of the most insane things I have ever heard in my life.
Are you serious? We should have let the South continue to exploit human beings? Really?
If you really think this-all your arguments are invalid. I wont take them serious.  And just let this country slide into the Great Depression-I thought you were intelligent-yer a tool. I got more moral fortitude in my dick then you have in yer whole body.
 Lookingup
So we shouldnt have fought for FREEDOM for blacks? What the hell?
We should have let the country break up?
WTF?
Freedom.Freedom! THAT is what America is about! Not yer secular bulls**t.
Freedom for ALL AMERICANS.
If it wasnt for FDR's policys during the great Depression-we would have gone under. Do You know ANYTHING about history that doesnt fit yer narrow point of view?
If ya wanna argue history of the 30;s and 40;s-ya hit the wrong guy.
I actually KNOW what I'm talking about. Just cuz you spit numbers-HA! Dont scare me.
Your arguments are self patronizing,insane,and racist .
BAM!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:27:34 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #734 on: June 21, 2016, 03:57:10 PM »

When I started this thread-I was just being silly. Now I'm just being a mean a***ole.

I'm sorry. Bluesad

I really hate how this has polarized US-bad movie fans.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.