Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:31:36 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 399917 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2015, 11:29:44 PM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2015, 11:12:46 AM »

I just had a thought.

If Trump ends up running as an independent what does that do for his chances?

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2015, 01:06:58 PM »

not a polling expert but thats what Perot did in 92 and it killed Bush sr's campaign. Since Trump is of course more repub then dem I imagine the same thing would happen?

as for his chances idk
Skull
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2015, 10:39:36 PM »

not a polling expert but thats what Perot did in 92 and it killed Bush sr's campaign. Since Trump is of course more repub then dem I imagine the same thing would happen?

as for his chances idk

I think Perot attack Bush for not being a 'real' conservative. I believe Perot took a good number of votes but I'm not sure if those voters would had voted for Bush if Perot wasn't running. The end result was that Clinton won because Perot was a third wheel.

There is a major difference between Perot running and 'if' Trumps becomes a 3rd party player. The difference is Perot was running to take Bush out of the White House; Perot had no intentions in becoming president. Trump is running for the republican seat, he might run for a 3rd party if the Republican party does something shady (Such as removing Trump from the ballad because he didn't pledge loyalty to the party or if Trump is leading during the primary and the Party chooses somebody else)...

If the republican party does something shady in taking Trump out... I will NEVER vote republican again! (I won't vote for democrat either... )

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2015, 10:56:37 PM »

My great fear is that Trump is ultimately unelectable.  He is petty, vindictive, and shallow, and his response to criticism is to lash out at the critic with vicious personal attacks.  That's simply not Presidential.  He may well win enough votes to get the Republican nomination, but then he will offend enough people to lose the general election and we'll have another four years of budget-busting Democratic rule.  There are so many better candidates out there . . . I just hope one of them overtakes him.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2015, 12:36:59 AM »

Republicans went with electable the last two elections and they lost though. They need someone who can fire up the base.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:16:57 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2015, 06:12:47 AM »

I never thought John McCain was electable. He was a sacrificial lamb, nothing more.
Of course, to be honest, 2008 was going to be a Democratic year no matter what.  You get those every now and then.  2012 was one the GOP had a shot at winning and came close, but Romney, after a strong start, began pulling his punches.  I'll be honest: I'm a lifelong Republican voter, but if Trump is the nominee, I will write in Cthulhu or Darth Vader instead.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »

Whatever the reasons McCain and Romney lost they did lose so it would be a little bizarre to run the same kind of candidate again. Bush will lose in similar fashion if the same people vote for / against him. If you KNEW the GOP were going to lose who would you choose? I'd say ted Cruz because thats where most Republicans are, in terms of the platform I think. He's the most conservative and not in a cheeseball corporate way the way the other guys are. protecting monied interests and so forth
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2015, 10:48:32 PM »

I'm a huge Marco Rubio fan.  He also stacks up very well against all three top Democratic contenders in several polls.
Cruz has burned too many bridges and made too many enemies.  He's a flamethrower rather than a problem solver, and America desperately needs a problem solver.

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2015, 04:48:46 AM »

I can't say I'm a big fan of any of the people running. I would say that the deciding factor may end up being people's perception of Obama. If they feel like the country is better off now than after Bush, they'll vote Democrat again. If not, they'll vote Republican, whoever is running. People tend toward reactionary votes, voting against someone at least as much as they vote for someone. Obama won in large part because people perceived Bush as a bad president and because Obama presented himself as a reasonable person. I didn't vote for him, but I admired the way he carried himself the first time he ran. He even won a Nobel for not being Bush. The question then becomes whether more people think he's done a good job or a bad job. The next set of candidates have to present themselves well, of course, but Obama's presidency will be a big part of people's voting preference.

One of the things the Republican candidate, regardless of who that may be, needs to do is to avoid the attack mentality that has predominated Republican campaign strategy over the last several decades. I remember back when Bob Dole was trying to run. He came across as a sour, angry man. After Bush got the nomination, Dole appeared on a late night talk show. He was relaxed, smiling, and was genuinely charming and funny. If he had presented himself that way on the campaign trail, I think he would have done better. People seem to be growing very tired of the negative campaign style. Candidates would do well to note that trend.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »

[/quote]

If the republican party does something shady in taking Trump out... I will NEVER vote republican again! (I won't vote for democrat either... )

[/quote]

A politictian do something shady???  Buggedout
Heaven forfend!
 Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2015, 01:47:03 AM »

Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2015, 04:10:00 AM »

G'head-build a wall.Chump!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »

So far, I'm not really digging anyone.  Except Rand Paul.  

Or...somebody find Henry Rollins and ask him to run. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 06:49:45 PM by HappyGilmore » Logged

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2015, 07:02:08 PM »

The thing is with ALL these a***oles-its all NEGATIVE.
I dont hear JACK s**t what ANYONE  will do that is f**king NICE.
Chump want to get rid of Mexicans-his version of Mein Kampf-Hitler hated Jews-this rich spoiled brat f**ker hates Mexicans-what a wonderful world we live in.
This petty scumbag is actually being considerd as being the leader of the f**king free world.
Good f**king gawd.
We have become a nation of TV ratings.
Its all about presentation.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.