Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:43:47 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 400339 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #750 on: June 24, 2016, 03:38:59 AM »

Wink Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Skull
« Reply #751 on: June 24, 2016, 05:40:13 AM »

There were ways those opposed to the Klan, no doubt.
It has gone through many different phases since its storied existence started in 1866.

I think the KKK believed it had 3 or 4 phases. (But it seemed like every time they grow in popularity they dwindling very quickly - so I do question the phases.)

I really believe this racist America story is something that has been rewritten over decades and decades and decades; to the point that we are left to assume that White Americans were racist and the civil rights was the first attempt to fix it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:46:22 AM by Skull » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #752 on: June 24, 2016, 06:46:27 AM »

One reason that it is always good to go back and check the primary sources . . . read the editorials from local papers, statements from political leaders as well as local politicians.  I'm a tenth generation Southerner and a sixth generation Texan; things were BAD down here for blacks - straight through from the 1860's to the 1940's.  It was BAD.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Skull
« Reply #753 on: June 24, 2016, 09:39:29 AM »

One reason that it is always good to go back and check the primary sources . . . read the editorials from local papers, statements from political leaders as well as local politicians.  

I do... :)

When somebody comes up with 'Jim Crow' I'm reading why it was, who pushed it and why it stayed. And if a black voter took the time out and read some of this stuff they should hate the democratic party.

I feel like in the scene of the Time Machine (1960) and you talk to the black voters and they are like the Eloi's. They know nothing about nothing but they are happy for all this free food.

This is evil.

I'm a tenth generation Southerner and a sixth generation Texan; things were BAD down here for blacks - straight through from the 1860's to the 1940's.  It was BAD.

Texas is not the whole USA...

Sam Houston the governor of Texas in the 1860's didn't want Texas to join the Confederacy.

Houston rejected the actions of the Texas Secession Convention, believing it had overstepped its authority in becoming a member state of the newly formed Confederacy. He refused to take an oath of allegiance to the Confederacy and was deposed from office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_in_the_American_Civil_War#Sam_Houston

Not everybody from the south was with the Confederacy... I wonder what would had happen if Sam Houston was able to deliver his speech...

As for racism in the south...

Most of the anti-black feelings from the south was based on how devastated the southern people were after the civil war. Southern Fathers and Son's were dead or lost limbs that made it impossible for them to go back to work. The rich became poor over night. And property was destroyed. Yeah it would make sense in the south; especially after the civil war and a generation or two... but in the north or White Americans...

Segregation was a power grab. It came out as a patch to repair the ill feelings. Blacks stay on one side of the street while whites stay on the other side of the street and nobody gets hurt. But then it was used as a tool to give superiority to... the poor whites. "Yeah, I'm a poor white guy but I'm better then this black man." but most importantly and the reason why the democrats didn't want to end segregation... because they can control the VOTE.

The reason behind the KKK and Segregation was to control the VOTE!

Today we see segregation as a tool for racism propaganda... "Look at those white Americans - racism is in there BLOOD!"

This is why I get so damn angry when people call TRUMP a racist or Hitler; meanwhile Hillary starts off with her rant about Jim Crow...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:11:02 AM by Skull » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #754 on: June 24, 2016, 10:06:24 AM »

Oh bah-ru-uh-ther.   Lookingup 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #755 on: June 24, 2016, 01:48:53 PM »

Skull-the reasons-and the roots-of ISIS go Waaay back-blaming it on Obama is childish.Gimmie a break. Terrorism has been with us-a long time-yer blaming this on Obama-yer world view of things is narrow and predjudice by your political views. Do yer homework. If ya want-I will spell out the history of ISIS . I really can-If ya wanna make me make you look like a fool.
I dont think Obama is all that-I think we should not only carpet bomb them-I do believe we should put troops on the ground and kill them all.
I AM NOT a LIBERAL.
I am an AMERICAN.

I aint gonna argue about FDR's stand on race-Indiana is right-watch a f**king Bugs Bunny cartoon from that era-yeah-whites were pretty racist.
I aint talking about 1942. Im talking NOW!
Clinton-that dumb b***h couldnt find her ass with both hands-shes riding on the coattails of her hillbilly husband.
Trump-
look at his history-
he f**ked over all his backers with bankruptsy in the 80's-and collected-he never made money-he inherieted-and f**ked folks over-hes a millionare scam artist with a big mouth.
Do you really  think he's gonna work for YOU?
He's a CON-Trump is out for TRUMP.

WAKE UP!
The reason we won WW2 is we didnt p***yfooot-I dont think we should p***yfoot now-I I think we should WW2 on there asses-and Im a liberal.
Gee-Nah-I aint a p***yfoot liberal.
Im A f**kIN RADICAL.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:55:33 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #756 on: June 24, 2016, 02:42:01 PM »

BUT! I dont think that we should judge all American Muslims and throw them into camps like we did in WW2 with the Japanese. THATS racist-because lotsa American Japanese did heroic s**t.
And Not all American Muslims are terrorists. Ya gotta be careful
Because-we ARE supposded to be the good guys.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #757 on: June 24, 2016, 03:03:15 PM »

Was FDR a racist? I dunno. Race s**t wasn't a big issue while WW2 was going on. Maybe he was-I dont think he was-we were kinda busy fighting Nazis to get into the race thing. It kinda took center stage.. FDR was a racist? I dunno-I dont get it. I guess he was-he hated Japs and Krauts-are you a Kraut?
Gimme a break-your reaching.
FDR got us threw the Depression and WW2-what-are you a commie?  TongueOut

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Skull
« Reply #758 on: June 24, 2016, 03:13:28 PM »

I aint gonna argue about FDR's stand on race-Indiana is right-watch a f**king Bugs Bunny cartoon from that era-yeah-whites were pretty racist.

Why is so damn important? Because people like you and Indy do believe that the culture of America was loaded with racism. Therefore we have this looming feeling of guilt over our heads that makes us stifle our speech/thought because we have this fear of repeating history – racism.

Racism wasn’t common. If it was common then why try to pass an Anti-Lynching Bill in 1918.

Think of it… (critical thinking here)

Why would those nasty racist Americans care about a second class citizen? Why push the effort to pass an Anti-Lynching Law. Why?

Lets dig deeper… Why make The Fourteenth Amendment? (because government was looking for an anchor baby law… NO) Why in 1868?

I tell you why because MOST OF THE AMERICANS WERE NOT RACIST! The intent of the 14th amendment was make sure the ex-slaves were citizens.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #759 on: June 24, 2016, 03:18:02 PM »

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #760 on: June 24, 2016, 03:28:42 PM »

Why is so damn important? Because people like you and Indy do believe that the culture of America was loaded with racism. Therefore we have this looming feeling of guilt over our heads that makes us stifle our speech/thought because we have this fear of repeating history – racism.

Racism wasn’t common. If it was common then why try to pass an Anti-Lynching Bill in 1918.

Why would those nasty racist Americans care about a second class citizen? Why push the effort to pass an Anti-Lynching Law. Why?

Lets dig deeper… Why make The Fourteenth Amendment? (because government was looking for an anchor baby law… NO) Why in 1868?

I tell you why because MOST OF THE AMERICANS WERE NOT RACIST! The intent of the 14th amendment was make sure the ex-slaves were citizens.

Gee massa!
Yes-Racism WAS common and accepted-was it right NO! But the idea of tarbaby watermelon n****rs was kinda goin on.-was it right? NO Do I think FDR was some kinda advocate for blacks? NO! But  I DO think that his social service implemations HELPED-and It not only welfare-which did get out of hand-helped ALL.
Not just 'n****rs"-who needed it the most-because they really got the short end of the stick. Because of RACISM. I agree it was abused in later years-but it was needed at first-blacks were f**ked. Is it true now? I dunno-I know my wife is black-and I know half her kin is my kin-soI know I been in jail more than them
It aint skin color-its about ffiance-I was poor-i did bad things.
Be poor-try to live-the only reason ther is more crime among blacks is because they are POOR and live in s**tholes-move yerself in a s**thole-and live.They are in s**tholes because they were our n****rs.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #761 on: June 24, 2016, 03:44:19 PM »

Gee-how many black folks do you know? Are freinds with? Do you know ANY?
Do you know any Mexicans? Are they your freinds?
Tell me yer freinds?

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Skull
« Reply #762 on: June 24, 2016, 03:53:43 PM »

RCMerchant... I've said enough about this... one day you'll get it... maybe... I hope...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #763 on: June 24, 2016, 07:07:36 PM »

More "critical thinking".   Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #764 on: June 24, 2016, 07:16:36 PM »

know my wife is black-and I know half her kin is my kin-soI know I been in jail more than them

Did you get married without telling us, RC? Or do you mean common law wife?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.