Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:37:37 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 407079 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #990 on: July 23, 2016, 08:18:06 PM »

Question  What does any of that mean?  JOHN LENNON made his remark about Jesus in 1966.  He was murdered in 1980.  The two incidents are unconnected.
Mark David Chapman stalked and killed John Lennon because Lennon made the remark about Jesus. The two are connected.
He had been a big Beatles fan, idolizing Lennon, and played guitar himself, but turned against him after becoming a Christian; he was angered at Lennon's comment that the Beatles were "more popular than Jesus."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_David_Chapman#Plan_to_murder_John_Lennon
Fair enough, I think what I meant is obscured.  I don't believe that murderer killed LENNON because of that statement, but more to ensure the survival of his own existence (or, ever having existed.) I think so little of that murderer I ignored the intent of your words.  I apologize.  
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 11:26:00 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #991 on: July 23, 2016, 09:03:13 PM »

Actually, if you visit www.lennonmurdertruth.com , you will find that author Stephen King killed John Lennon, acting on coded orders from ex President Richard Nixon, that were printed on the cover and editorial pages of TIME and NEWSWEEK magazines.  I  know it's true because I read it on the internet!!  TeddyR BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #992 on: July 23, 2016, 09:24:35 PM »

BounceGiggle  That's funny. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #993 on: July 23, 2016, 09:25:27 PM »

Actually, if you visit www.lennonmurdertruth.com , you will find that author Stephen King killed John Lennon, acting on coded orders from ex President Richard Nixon, that were printed on the cover and editorial pages of TIME and NEWSWEEK magazines.  I  know it's true because I read it on the internet!!  TeddyR BounceGiggle

Yup! what he sed!  Thumbup Twirling

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #994 on: July 23, 2016, 10:53:55 PM »

A nice little piece on the online popularity of calling Trump "Hitler."

http://thedeclination.com/reductio-ad-hitlerum/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #995 on: July 24, 2016, 07:57:40 AM »

Fair enough, I think what I meant is obscured.  I don't believe that murderer killed LENNON because of that statement, but more to ensure the survival of his own existence (or, ever having existed.) I think so little of that murderer I ignored the intent of your words.  I apologize.  

No apology is needed. I don't think a lot of people knew why Chapman killed Lennon (besides a psycho fan).

My point is that words do matter... And Obama has been playing words that a few psychopaths had been picking up and assuming they have the support of the president to kill police officers (because in their mind white cops are racist)...

So Lennon should deserved to die? THATS INSANE.

I've never said that or even implied that. Yes John Lennon was correct in saying what he said... I'm only saying that word do matter and it was John Lennon's own words that killed him. If he never compared the Beatles to Jesus he would still be alive, maybe there could had been a Beatles reunion in the 80's.

A nice little piece on the online popularity of calling Trump "Hitler."

http://thedeclination.com/reductio-ad-hitlerum/

My fear this Hitler/Nazi name calling sort of desensitized the tragic events that lead to and during World War 2.

I do agree that people dropping 'Hitler/Nazi' is a sick attempt to stifle free speech. And I'm at that point that if anybody wants to call Trump a Hitler/Nazi please present the proof or I'll keep demanding for this proof until the poster stops or otherwise show me proof so I would stop.

the DNC leaks is slightly better than these leaks usually are which isn't saying much. wikileaks has long been victim to what I call the Al Capone's vaults effect. that's not to say awful stuff doesn't happen at the DNC but they probably don't communicate it via email.

I think they are leaking stuff out to counter Trumps convention. It is exciting to see how the DNC handles this...

If people hate Trump that's certainly okay. I think the media have signaled though that they are going to be trying to stop him and the DNC leaks indicate the way they are most likely to do it is to help Hillary.

This is the problem about the media - but I'm wondering how mainstream they are today since most people are getting there information off of blogs and outside 'american sources' I know it sucks but you can lean a lot about American politics from other countries.

also none of this would be nececcary if the democrats had nominated someone who didn't need help to win.

I never understood - Hillary. I mean she start her book tour two years earlier and it was an epic fail, especially with the money and I really, really thought the email investigation was started by Obama so he can pull the plug on Hillary... I guess I'd assumed wrong on that one - but I'm never always right (I'm mostly right and always learning what is correct.)
ulthar

« Reply #996 on: July 24, 2016, 02:17:47 PM »

My fear this Hitler/Nazi name calling sort of desensitized the tragic events that lead to and during World War 2.

That was exactly the point of that writer's essay on the topic.  It's a ludicrous and immature comparison that has quite literally no basis in rational reality. That does not stop a lot of people who only know arguing from "rhetoric" from doing it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #997 on: July 24, 2016, 03:17:06 PM »

That was exactly the point of that writer's essay on the topic.  It's a ludicrous and immature comparison that has quite literally no basis in rational reality. That does not stop a lot of people who only know arguing from "rhetoric" from doing it.

I think the biggest problem is that most of the Americans don't understand the reason why we asked for immigrates to migrate in American in the 1800's and the early 1900's... But then again most Americans don't know that the Democrat party was the party of slavery and the KKK and the Republican party was made to counter it... I know people would never believe the Republican party actually started in the 1850's...
ulthar

« Reply #998 on: July 24, 2016, 03:30:22 PM »

the DNC leaks is slightly better than these leaks usually are which isn't saying much. wikileaks has long been victim to what I call the Al Capone's vaults effect. that's not to say awful stuff doesn't happen at the DNC but they probably don't communicate it via email.

Well, the leaks are "good enough" for Wasserman Shultz to resign over it rather than stay and fight for some other truth if it existed.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/under-pressure-dncs-debbie-wasserman-schultz-limits-convention-role-1469376914

So...either she's so weak so as to not stand up for herself (and her Party) in the face of false accusations or there is some real teeth to the emails.  I guess either choice supported by the evidence.

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #999 on: July 24, 2016, 08:33:41 PM »

Go! Go! Go! Keep those borders open!!!!!

Meanwhile, a Syrian refugee living in Germany kills pregnant woman with machete, injures 2...

Do I need to say anything else?
ulthar

« Reply #1000 on: July 24, 2016, 08:47:54 PM »

Meanwhile, a Syrian refugee living in Germany kills pregnant woman with machete, injures 2...

And a suicide bomber thwarted by someone doing a little "racial profiling."  Only death was the bomber, but he did injure 10 or so.

GOOOOOOOO OPEN BORDERS!

Working so well in Europe.

Merkel's relationaship with the German press is about like the DNC's relationship with our press here.  It's working out so well for Germany, no wonder so many want to mimic it here...you know, that whole "open borders is a good idea" and "mass Islamic migration is not a problem" thing.

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1001 on: July 24, 2016, 09:27:06 PM »

And a suicide bomber thwarted by someone doing a little "racial profiling."  Only death was the bomber, but he did injure 10 or so.
GOOOOOOOO OPEN BORDERS!
Working so well in Europe.
Merkel's relationaship with the German press is about like the DNC's relationship with our press here.  It's working out so well for Germany, no wonder so many want to mimic it here...you know, that whole "open borders is a good idea" and "mass Islamic migration is not a problem" thing.

I live in NJ... I don't know that I see that happening, but I have seen a shift toward more Middle-Eastern and Indian peoples near me, buying houses, and they've been buying businesses for decades.  Kind of back to the old "Mom and Pop" kind of operations.  I have found many to be friends, and, sometimes they're Christians of a sect unknown to me, yet so devout.  Sometimes they're Sikhs.  I do talk religion and politics superficially with my friends in such operations and they wag their fingers at Pakistan, Islamic extremism, and are sometimes Hindi...
It is the FREEDOM of America I love best, as I think they do too. 

Skull
« Reply #1002 on: July 25, 2016, 06:05:44 AM »

I live in NJ... I don't know that I see that happening, but I have seen a shift toward more Middle-Eastern and Indian peoples near me, buying houses, and they've been buying businesses for decades.  Kind of back to the old "Mom and Pop" kind of operations.  I have found many to be friends, and, sometimes they're Christians of a sect unknown to me, yet so devout.  Sometimes they're Sikhs.  I do talk religion and politics superficially with my friends in such operations and they wag their fingers at Pakistan, Islamic extremism, and are sometimes Hindi...

I'd lived in Chicago most of my life (over 40+ years), actually this is the first year I'm living 60+ miles away from Chicago. I've seen all types of people. My best friend in High School was a Muslim. Even though he wasn't the kid to knife you (or maybe he seemed that way) he did believe in some crazy stuff. I've learned a good deal of the Muslim culture from him. No pictures drawn of Muhammad (I've learned all that back in 1985) and the reason he explained is that the picture wrecks his faith. This topic came up when we were talking about what if Jesus was black. We were so close as friends that we were going to join the navy together (he sort of talked me into it). We took a test but we both failed the test. And the recruiter told us that we can try to take it the next day but then we decided not to go. The last time I saw him was in the early 1990's and he was driving a motorcycle, he told me he was marring a cousin and going to run a dollar bill like store in Indiana...[Maybe I should see if he has a facebook account - it would be nice to see him].

I don't think he could gun down people - but I recall somethings about his religion seemed screwy. I'm not trying to insult the religion but it seemed like there is a line that you cannot cross. And once you cross that line you loss all honor and respect.

Originally I thought there are two type of Muslims (The hardcore from the Middle East and those that are westernized) but I don't know. I thought my friend was westernized but he seemed more bounded to his religion then I ever was.

I would think that too... I would hope... but you cannot expect people to respect America if they are not being assimilated to the country. And you cannot assimilate people by just bringing them across the borders with a smile and a pat on the back.

And meanwhile, last night there was another Florida club shooting (I'm not sure if it's a terror attack - but it sure sounds like one)
ulthar

« Reply #1003 on: July 25, 2016, 07:27:22 AM »

I live in NJ... I don't know that I see that happening, but I have seen a shift toward more Middle-Eastern and Indian peoples near me, buying houses, and they've been buying businesses for decades.

The influx of the 'migrants' in Europe has taken off to 'beyond proportion' levels only very recently.  Immigration itself is not "the problem."  The problem stems from several interconnected facts:

(1) The RATE of German immigration is destabilizing on its own.

Germany's population grew by over 1 million in one year alone.  With a starting population of only around 80 million, that's a growth north of 1%.  That kind of population growth is destabilizing no matter WHO is immigrating.

(2) Who is immigrating into the country?

Germany knows many of the 'migrants' are connected to terrorism and follow terrorist leaning ideologies.  Yet, the German government defends them - says they are 'not a problem.'

What percentage is it?

Who knows.  Who cares, really?  The issue is that the German government is complicit in the actions the violent subset of migrants are doing against the German people.

And, there is growing evidence that the percentage of 'violence seeking' migrants in Germany (and elsewhere in Europe) is larger than many folks both here and there really want to admit.

I have found many to be friends, and, sometimes they're Christians of a sect unknown to me, yet so devout. 

So, not Muslim, then?  That's very telling.

This is, I think, a good time to remind that Trump never said "Ban Muslims."  He said Ban Muslim Immigration for such a time as we can get a better handle on WHO, exactly, is coming into the US.  Yet, that's not how he has been quoted.

Here are the two players' strategies for dealing with a growing problem here as reflected by an existing problem in Europe:

Trump: Stop the influx of unvetted people entering this country until we shore up domestic economy (ie the economy is stable enough to handle more people looking for jobs) and better vetting is in place.

Hillary: Openly allow an increase of immigration by about 550% with American unemployment already as high as 12% in some areas.

I find it very, very interesting that the people that cry out the most passionately about American Freedom and how great this country is are immigrants that have come here...and assimilated into American culture...

They know what the world looks like elsewhere; many have lived it.  They try to give us warnings, and our establishment government and media ignores their warnings.

I have no doubt the people in your community loves America and the freedoms she offers. 

Now, just taking the two broad-stroke platform planks mentioned above as a starting point, I ask:

Which of those two strategies is most likely to preserve those freedoms and which is most likely to destroy them?

Germany and probably the rest of Europe are lost.  They will be saved only through bloody conflict.  Brexit is Britain's attempt to check their own decline before it reaches a tipping point (if it hasn't already). 

We have the capability to stem the rate of our own decline, but that requires action, not passive acquiescence to politically correct fear of 'offending' those swear to hasten that decline.

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #1004 on: July 25, 2016, 07:35:34 AM »

And to clarify:

By 'assimilation,' I don't mean giving up their religion and cultural ties.  I mean living by our laws, not trying remake the US into what they left.

This includes adherence to our Bill of Rights (as conceptual natural rights)...such as allowing others to practice their own religion, speak out as they like, etc.

I come from Irish ancestry.  I've heard and read some pretty ugly (yet often funny) things about Irish immigration into the US.  It does not offend me and I think it's uniquely American to be so accepting of 'self-criticism.'

I'm not saying everyone in America has to dress like me or go to my church to 'assimilate.'  But people attacking cartoon shops because of what they draw is distinctly NOT American.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.