Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:40:35 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 400205 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1020 on: July 25, 2016, 04:55:09 PM »

#HillaryRottenClinton is 'trending' on Twitter now.

#DNCDisaster will probably be within the hour...many posts to it so far.

TeddyR

Politainment.

On the other hand:

Elections are pretty serious business.  The Democrats have made a mockery of the system.  

Either all this is real, which shows their corruption far exceeded their respect for out nation and its people or it's all manufactured.

Even if all this is just showmanship to drive news and keep people talking about it (which I don't believe at all), it's still a travesty of a very important institution of our Constitutional Republic.

Either way, a whole heap ton of people are very angry over what they are seeing.  I don't think this level of anger will pass quickly, if at all.

UPDATE:

Both #HillaryRottenClinton and #DNCDisaster have now been removed from Twitter's trending list.  Twitter has been manipulating the 'trending' stories list for some time and it is well documented.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 06:04:13 PM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flangepart

« Reply #1021 on: July 25, 2016, 05:34:30 PM »

Yup...
Explain the T-shirt I saw today.
ATREIDES 1016.
Shoulda known politics would go all 'Herbert' on us.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Jim H

« Reply #1022 on: July 25, 2016, 07:07:34 PM »

Either way, a whole heap ton of people are very angry over what they are seeing.  I don't think this level of anger will pass quickly, if at all.

Personally, I find this aspect very hard to judge.  Sometimes a very few are very loud on the internet, it gets magnified by a handful of careful gatekeepers, then it dissipates super quickly.  And sometimes it's just the opposite. 

I'll also be curious to see how many Sanders supporters actually vote Trump.  I think the number is far lower than many seem to assume.  I think most who say this will back down when actually in the booth.
Skull
« Reply #1023 on: July 25, 2016, 07:26:04 PM »

The Democrat Convention is a laughing stock at this point, and it's only Monday.  Some samples:

* Sanders delegates chanting "Lock Her Up" when Clinton's name mentioned.

Buggedout

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1024 on: July 25, 2016, 07:48:04 PM »

pretty believable theory I heard was that a p**sed off Sanders supporter with access to DNC server leaked the emails. I certainly would if I were them.
ulthar

« Reply #1025 on: July 25, 2016, 08:12:12 PM »

I'll also be curious to see how many Sanders supporters actually vote Trump.  I think the number is far lower than many seem to assume.  I think most who say this will back down when actually in the booth.

I certainly don't know how many actually WILL vote for Trump and a lot can change between now and November, but live coverage of the convention and protests outside certainly show many several thousand in one small area that are saying they plan to do exactly that.

In related news, Facebook has admitted to blocking links in posts to wikileaks:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/07/facebook-admits-it-blocked-links-to-wikileaks-dnc-emails/

Facebook has been under fire for at least several months for controlling content availability, all the while pretending to be a 'news sharing source' for its user base.

This admission (along with the continuing daily Twitter trending manipulations) is not doing a whole lot to convince people that the main assertion of media collusion in the emails is either false or 'no big deal.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1026 on: July 25, 2016, 08:42:48 PM »

One minute and 18 seconds of truth: 
Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Skull
« Reply #1027 on: July 25, 2016, 10:10:41 PM »

pretty believable theory I heard was that a p**sed off Sanders supporter with access to DNC server leaked the emails. I certainly would if I were them.

Out of all the theories I heard (The Russians  Lookingup ) and a list of my tin foil hat stuff... the Sanders supporter hacking the DNC makes f'n sense.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1028 on: July 25, 2016, 10:25:20 PM »

I will say this much, and it does not alter my personal revulsion for either candidate in the least:

I maintained from very early on that Donald Trump was unelectable.  His negatives were simply way too high, making even the unlikable Clinton look good in comparison.

Clinton's hamfisted campaign style and the shenanigans at the DNC, along with the wave of terror attacks and anti-police violence, are changing that calculus somewhat.  Trump's had a good couple of weeks, and she has not.  If the trend continues, he might actually win.

In which case,  I will fervently pray that everything I believe about this man is wrong. 
Either that, or for Great Cthulhu's third party bid to overcome them both.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ulthar

« Reply #1029 on: July 26, 2016, 07:27:40 AM »

Another Islam based terror attack in France, this time on a Christian church.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/one-hostage-dead-two-attackers-killed-after-assault-on-church-in-france-police-say-1469525653?mod=fox_australian

Your daily reminder:

One candidate wants to bring these attackers here to the US in large numbers.
The other candidate wants to re-establish some control over the nation's borders.

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #1030 on: July 26, 2016, 07:50:07 AM »

And here's why Brexit was so important to the British people:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/25/juncker-vows-eu-open-borders-always/

Seriously, real life has become a parody.

Law #2: SJW's Always Double Down.

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #1031 on: July 26, 2016, 08:11:09 AM »

Another Islam based terror attack in France, this time on a Christian church.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/one-hostage-dead-two-attackers-killed-after-assault-on-church-in-france-police-say-1469525653?mod=fox_australian

Your daily reminder:

One candidate wants to bring these attackers here to the US in large numbers.
The other candidate wants to re-establish some control over the nation's borders.

I was going to post this but the info I received at the time didn't say much... Than I drove to work, while listing to breitbart news and the report was two Islamic terrorist chopped the priest head off in church...  Buggedout

Than the guy reporting this said there is another incident in Berlin with a killing of a dentist, and anti-terror police was sent...  Buggedout

All I have to say is: "Go-Go open borders!!!!"
Skull
« Reply #1032 on: July 26, 2016, 08:46:38 AM »

~~~

First I like to say it's nice to see your feeling better :)

I will say this much, and it does not alter my personal revulsion for either candidate in the least:

I maintained from very early on that Donald Trump was unelectable.  His negatives were simply way too high, making even the unlikable Clinton look good in comparison.

It's good that you had not changed... but don't think Trump was unelectable or even have that high negatives. I won't be surprised that his so called high negatives was enhanced... only because Trump does threaten the narrative.

And... the wikileaks seems to verify that the media was never straight with the American people.

As for Hillary... OMG!

Clinton's hamfisted campaign style and the shenanigans at the DNC, along with the wave of terror attacks and anti-police violence, are changing that calculus somewhat.  Trump's had a good couple of weeks, and she has not.  If the trend continues, he might actually win.

I've been hearing for almost a year that Trump will be the death of the Republican Party. If you ever listen to Joe Walsh (not the singer) [ http://walshfreedom.com/radio/ ] He came up with the conclusion that we are witnessing the death of the Republican party. And I do like Mr. Walsh because he's really blunt and correct. But we didn't see that in the RNC... actually, which was shocking was that Ted Cruz who failed to deliver an awesome speech and got booed off the stage. And Trump played Cruz like the WWE event. We actually saw a Hero turned into a Heel and a Heel turned into a Hero. It was awesome!

So it doesn't look like the Republican party is going to selfdestruct...

And speaking of selfdestruction... I never thought I would see the selfdestruction of the democrat party, but I have to say... This email release thing was hotter than I thought. It looks like Sanders had a stronger support and the media did everything they could make it look like Sander's support was small. And I believe a good number of Sander's supporters wanted to take it to the convention.

But everybody uttering the words "Support Hillary" gets booed! First Lady (support Hillary) - Booed. Sander's (support Hillary) - Booed! This is so freaking amazing! I feel like I want to want to watch the DNC just to see somebody get booed.

In which case,  I will fervently pray that everything I believe about this man is wrong. 
Either that, or for Great Cthulhu's third party bid to overcome them both.

Seriously; if your telling me the truth then you had been praying for the +7 years of Obama. Obama makes Nixon an honest president. I do expect somebody is going to wikileak Obama's crap...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1033 on: July 26, 2016, 09:08:33 AM »

the democratic convention could have been a huge success  but they mishandled the DNC Leaks thing. Sarah Silverman telling the Bernie supporters to get over it would make sense under normal circumstances, but in light of the leaks it came off as "let them eat cake".

they should have revamped the entire convention to apologize to Sanders and try and find a way forward. Instead they acted like they didn't happen. "not a good look" as they say.

Republicans were much more comfortable in the chaos of the party types vs Trump and all that. Without Michelle Obama the night would have been a total disaster.

re: Muslims there are terror attacks every day in Europe now. If you were skeptical of refugees your skepticism has certainly been justified.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:13:22 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
ulthar

« Reply #1034 on: July 26, 2016, 11:13:49 AM »

Instead they acted like they didn't happen.

Yet more evidence for Vox's Law #2: SJ types ALWAYS double down.

The Progressive movement on the past 30-40 years in this country absolutely depended on controlling public discourse.  They created this control via "Political Correctness."

That control has been cracked.  People are getting other information now.  Some of it is crap, of course.  But that doesn't really matter.  What matters is that people are now being truly exposed to competing ideologies, and are forced to LOOK at them and make a choice...rather than just following the ONE message that has been sold to them.

Enter into the equation "Cognitive Dissonance."  People can SEE with their own two eyes what Clinton is about: corruption and vile self-servingness and criminal acts including treason.  Comey's announcement, "We have the evidence, but we are not going to charge her anyway" was probably the linchpin being knocked out.  The leaked emails poured gasoline on a smoldering fire of discontent.

Clinton represents the Old Guard of that narrative controlling Progressive movement.  And she's been outed.

All these same statements apply somewhat to the Republican party as well...Trump shook it up; the old guard has had their butts handed to them.  The only difference I can see at this point is that Republican Party has been slightly more honest about respecting the system, and thus respecting the 'will of the people' and honoring the Primary vote.

The Republican Party as it existed last year is done.  The voter's expectations have changed, and they have exerted a tremendous pressure on the party so far.  I suspect that pressure will continue and the party will continue to align with the true base (aka, those nasty Trump supporters).

The Democrat Party ... not so much. They are clinging to the 'old ways' very tightly.  They thought they 'owned' the media but didn't take into "new media."

It's all very fascinating to watch in real time. 20-50 years from now, people might understand 'what really happened in the 2016 election.'  Living it is like day-trading the stock market.  We really don't know what will happen next.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.