Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:19:14 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 399964 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1035 on: July 26, 2016, 03:28:31 PM »

It's all very fascinating to watch in real time. 20-50 years from now, people might understand 'what really happened in the 2016 election.' 

Living it is like day-trading the stock market.  We really don't know what will happen next.
Or, living it is like watching paint dry.  We really know what will happen next.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1036 on: July 26, 2016, 03:38:31 PM »

That old Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."

We are afflicted with it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1037 on: July 26, 2016, 04:48:09 PM »

agree they are way too interesting.

Indy - what is your opinion about this sort of Perot/ Buchanan republicanism thats out there now? I can see common ground between repubs and Sanders type dems pretty clearly re trade and so forth. I think of myself as a free trader but...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1038 on: July 26, 2016, 06:55:15 PM »

I can't stand isolationism, Lester.  There are evils in the world that simply need to be fought if civilization as we know it is going to endure, and if we don't fight them, there aren't many that will.  Not every fight is ours, true, but that's not the same thing as saying no fight is ours.  I'm a Reagan/Bush Republican, and I guess,  in today's climate, that makes me a RINO.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1039 on: July 26, 2016, 08:52:13 PM »

Small | Large

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1040 on: July 26, 2016, 10:14:59 PM »

And to clarify:...
I come from Irish ancestry.  I've heard and read some pretty ugly (yet often funny) things about Irish immigration into the US.  It does not offend me and I think it's uniquely American to be so accepting of 'self-criticism.'

Yeh?  Have you ever heard the expression "Irish plug"?  I was born here in NJ and my parents too, but both my sets of grandparents were born in Ireland (except my mother's mother born in Argentina, but Irish).  I grew up with a photo portrait of JFK on our mantel.  The Catholic and Irish thing was a big deal in my family.  We had nuns and priests, some from England, visit us when I was a child.  I am named for one who was born the same date I was: All Hallows Day. 

Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1041 on: July 26, 2016, 10:36:15 PM »

What matters is that people are now being truly exposed to competing ideologies, and are forced to LOOK at them and make a choice...rather than just following the ONE message that has been sold to them.

At times, but what I've also found is the creation of a variety of closely politically aligned sites and groups online actually allows people to much more easily isolate themselves from competing information than in the old days of true mass media.  Anyone can find a group of like minded people and largely associate with them.  I think the information is actually even more funneled for most, not less, and people are effectively more sheltered - by choice.  Even if they see the other ideologies at some point, it may not matter when they already don't trust anything outside the bubble.
Skull
« Reply #1042 on: July 26, 2016, 11:47:04 PM »

lol... Maybe Trump can counter that with:

The tape of Hillary laughing on how she reduced the sentence of a child rapist...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1043 on: July 26, 2016, 11:53:55 PM »

indiana -  I was thinking more about the trade side. you may remember when GOP used to say stuff like buy made in the USA etc in light of the opioid epidemic and all these places falling apart its kind of making a comeback.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1044 on: July 27, 2016, 10:44:17 AM »

I hate this ad, because Monica's ex-boyfriend's wife thinks we've all forgotten how Lewinsky became a verb, or how victims of sexual harassment became a bimbo eruption. Heck, some buffoon tried to make Billy Carter into a role model.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Skull
« Reply #1045 on: July 27, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »

I'm a little puzzled by the Media accusing Trump for suggesting Russia to hack into Hillary Emails.

How can Mother Russia do this? Hillary's secret server is locked away in FBI's vault... unless, Hillary has a secret, secret, secret server...  Buggedout
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1046 on: July 27, 2016, 09:44:59 PM »

PUTIN is not our friend or ally.  The flouting of diplomacy, the fly bys apparently intended to be provocative, other actions of his criticized by world media... PUTIN's vision of Russia might be my own if I were Russian.  I don't pretend to know his vision, but my glimpses, and guesses, are troubling as an American.   

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1047 on: July 28, 2016, 01:15:33 AM »

Russia is a very nationalist sort of country. They elect and like Putin because he is like that too
Skull
« Reply #1048 on: July 28, 2016, 05:57:01 AM »

PUTIN is not our friend or ally.  The flouting of diplomacy, the fly bys apparently intended to be provocative, other actions of his criticized by world media... PUTIN's vision of Russia might be my own if I were Russian.  I don't pretend to know his vision, but my glimpses, and guesses, are troubling as an American.   

lol... Trump was sarcastic...

We already know that Russia could have her emails (as well as China) but the DNC hack/release seem more closer to an angry Sanders supporter than a Russian spy. But the media keep saying it's the Russia even though there is no real proof.

Regardless who hacked it (kind of like why Watergate started) the problem is that we have proof that the DNC/media fixed the election... This does become bothersome because what if this was the presidential election and we found out that Hillary is president because it was fix. We are going to be looking at civil war 2.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1049 on: July 28, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »

lol... Trump was sarcastic...

We already know that Russia could have her emails (as well as China) but the DNC hack/release seem more closer to an angry Sanders supporter than a Russian spy. But the media keep saying it's the Russia even though there is no real proof.

Regardless who hacked it (kind of like why Watergate started) the problem is that we have proof that the DNC/media fixed the election... This does become bothersome because what if this was the presidential election and we found out that Hillary is president because it was fix. We are going to be looking at civil war 2.
I thought it was a Romanian who hacked her emails?

yeah no.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.