Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:55:05 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 408103 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1320 on: August 26, 2016, 03:56:34 AM »

Oh, and hi, CheezeFlix! Hope you've learned to stop diluting perfectly good bourbon with Coke.  TongueOut Drink

BounceGiggle TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1321 on: August 26, 2016, 04:05:15 AM »

Welcome back to my old pal Cheeze!

You have been missed!

Seconded: all we need is Dr Menard, Jack and Andrew to come back and all will be well.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1322 on: August 26, 2016, 07:36:09 AM »

internet is part of the media.

"The Media" = "Main Stream Media" aka "Old Media."  The corporate gatekeepers of information and controllers of the narrative.

But you knew that and it IS hard to miss a snark opportunity.  Check out Dunning-Kruger when in doubt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1323 on: August 26, 2016, 10:25:37 AM »

"The Media" = "Main Stream Media" aka "Old Media."  The corporate gatekeepers of information and controllers of the narrative.

But you knew that and it IS hard to miss a snark opportunity.  Check out Dunning-Kruger when in doubt.
Pardon me if I'm misinterpreting what you said, but are you saying that websites aren't part of the media?

yeah no.
ulthar

« Reply #1324 on: August 26, 2016, 05:13:55 PM »

Pardon me if I'm misinterpreting what you said, but are you saying that websites aren't part of the media?

What websites?  Websites in general? 

It's very clear what I'm talking about.  "Main Stream Media" as in established, corporate controlled news agencies that have abandoned their professional mandate to remain 'neutral and unbiased' and to be the voice For The People, against the government if need be. 

The MSM as it has evolved is now rather the voice for the government against the people...these corporate organizations that seek more to control information than to inform the citizenry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #1325 on: August 26, 2016, 05:27:25 PM »

It seems more clear with each passing day that Hillary's campaign is in trouble.  Her little stunt against the alt-right yesterday has turned out to be a huge joke, for example, and a bunch of folks are left scratching their heads if the Clinton organization is completely incompetent, willfully stupid or just that arrogant as to think no mistakes matter.

They are NOT loved by many, yet they continue to operate as if they are adored.  It's just bizarre at this point.

Also, the health issue is sticking, and sticking hard.  Her crimes and corruption did not seem to sway many people, but the issue of her health is.

And, she's getting some help from her allies in trying to put this sort of thing to bed.  Earlier today, the #ParanoidHillary hashtag, referring to the paranoia present in her big speech yesterday, was trending and gaining fast.

Then it disappeared, like many similar anti-Clinton hashtags have done in the last month or so.  With the banning and shadowbanning and throttling of conservative and alt-right twitter users now very well documented, there is no question which candidate the Twitter management favors and the manipulation of trending lists is also well known.

Meanwhile, another angle to her story is continuing to be a thorn in her side.  Again, her cause is helped by a complicit MSM.  This sums it up:

Even with the MSM helping her out, this story and the email server issue will not go away

The Clinton campaign is facing something it never thought it would face: loss of control of the narrative, and with that loss of control, a real race.

Predictions that she'll drop out and be replaced are starting, with candidates like Biden offered as possibilities.

And meanwhile, many Sanders supporters have joined the "Never Hillary" camp.  I can certainly understand their anger.

--Real Genius
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1326 on: August 26, 2016, 05:28:44 PM »

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
ulthar

« Reply #1327 on: August 27, 2016, 08:47:23 AM »

Vox Day Tweet of the day:

"TL;DR #AltRight foreign policy:

Don't bomb them over there.

Don't bring them over here."

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #1328 on: August 30, 2016, 09:53:27 AM »

"The Media" = "Main Stream Media" aka "Old Media."  The corporate gatekeepers of information and controllers of the narrative.

But you knew that and it IS hard to miss a snark opportunity.  Check out Dunning-Kruger when in doubt.

I totally understand the confusion here because the term ‘mainstream media’ was a term used to describe the controlling media before the internet. I believe the death of the main stream media started in 1990’s with RUSH’s popularity, than shows like South Park (which poke fun all ideologies and opened the eyes of many young adults) and finally the ‘digital switchover’ in America in 2009. The digital switchover is important because it makes watching free tv a little more difficult.

Today the media is all over the place because 90% of the news on the internet. I get my general news from my bing bar but I also google search for news if I want to read something, and I believe most do the same. So it seems that all media is mainstream, but it’s not. There is a conflict of information as for what is and isn’t news.

Still confused? Yeah, here is why.  There are two major type of news. Those that aligned themselves openly with a political party/ideology; and those that claims to be 100% neutral/unbiased.

The problem with those that claim to be neutral/unbiased is that they assumed to play the role of the referee; meanwhile the other media outlet shows evidence that the supposed referee media is not neutral and totally bias on their reporting. Than those neutral/unbiased outlets accused the other for purposely bashing the other party/ideology because of their open support.

Who’s right and who’s wrong?

I do know as a RPG (dice chucker and a hardcore RIFTS player) that being 100% neutral is impossible.

Kevin Siembieda has a noted distaste for "neutral" alignments, as used in Dungeons & Dragons. This is stated in most core rulebooks in the alignment section, and stems from the idea that a truly neutral character would not do anything particularly interesting, like fight or adventure.

People have emotions, thoughts and a motive; especially when they report the news.  Therefore anybody claiming to be 100% neutral/unbiased is lying!  

This is the most interesting presidential election.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:55:40 AM by Skull » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1329 on: August 30, 2016, 09:38:02 PM »

I posted this on my FB earlier today.  I am very curious now to see how closely I've called it (or how way off I wind up being!):

FWIW, here is my prediction for November. Mark this down and see if I am right!
 The Libertarians and other third parties will have their best run since 1992. I think they will capture some 10-15% of the popular vote, simply because so many Americans despise both front-runners. There will also be a record number of write-ins!
 Donald Trump will get somewhere between 32-36% of the popular vote. I don't see him going much higher. The GOP will lose at least one house of Congress, possibly both, for offering up such a despised candidate to the American people. I take no joy in that, I am a Reagan/Bush Republican, but that's how I see it playing out.
 As for Hillary - she will get some 40-42% of the popular vote, but win a solid electoral majority, and will serve as President for the next four years, but most likely will not win a second term.

I'm not happy about ANY of this, but that's how I see it playing out. Again, write it down and we'll see how close I come.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1330 on: August 31, 2016, 08:06:01 AM »

I posted this on my FB earlier today.  I am very curious now to see how closely I've called it (or how way off I wind up being!):

FWIW, here is my prediction for November. Mark this down and see if I am right!
 The Libertarians and other third parties will have their best run since 1992. I think they will capture some 10-15% of the popular vote, simply because so many Americans despise both front-runners. There will also be a record number of write-ins!
 Donald Trump will get somewhere between 32-36% of the popular vote. I don't see him going much higher. The GOP will lose at least one house of Congress, possibly both, for offering up such a despised candidate to the American people. I take no joy in that, I am a Reagan/Bush Republican, but that's how I see it playing out.
 As for Hillary - she will get some 40-42% of the popular vote, but win a solid electoral majority, and will serve as President for the next four years, but most likely will not win a second term.

I'm not happy about ANY of this, but that's how I see it playing out. Again, write it down and we'll see how close I come.

My guess: Libertarian 4% of vote (their highest total ever)
Green Party: less than 0.2%
Republican: 46%
Democrat: 50%

No second term for Hillary.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Skull
« Reply #1331 on: August 31, 2016, 08:33:26 AM »

I think Hillary (and the democrats) are going to try to promote the libertarian party, but it's going to backfire.

Hillary: 20%
Libertarian Party: 20%
Trump: 60%

My worst fear is:

Electoral College elects Hillary even if Trump wins 60% of the vote.

Anyway:

If Hillary is elected, she will win a second term because the onslaught of immigrants are going to vote for Hillary. Meanwhile, the republican will break into 3 groups. Rep-democrat (republicans like McCain), Conservatives (republicans like Cruz), Tea Party (republicans like Palin) and the Libertarian Party will be seen as a major party... So I don't see the Democrats loosing for the next 10 elections, maybe more.

America's worst mistake was re-electing Obama and we cannot afford another 4 years.

If Trump sucks we can vote him out of office in the next 4 years... There is noway in hell Hillary is not getting a second term! She will be importing VOTERS!

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1332 on: August 31, 2016, 09:45:02 AM »

Chris Brown should run he'd get 100% of the black vote judging by twitter
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1333 on: September 01, 2016, 12:44:49 AM »

Hillary will win.
I ain't happy about it either.
If Trump won-I won't be happy-oh no.
It don't matter who wins-either way-we lose.
We got the same old same old on one side-
we got a man who has the skills to be president of....NOTHING-a corrupt bankruptcy sucking racist maniac on the other.
We all lose-
I have never-evereverever-seen such a bleak outlook-the Dems are reduced to electing a puppet-and aww geez-an idiot who thinks she can buy the presidency-or a multi millionaire  racist with a penchant for bankruptsy. Our systym is a joke-a battle play between the rich and established-(Clinton) and the ultra rich (Trump)-and  childish.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1334 on: September 01, 2016, 12:53:07 AM »

what tools we are
Whats funny-not haha-is that most of Trumps voter base-crazy hillbillys-wont even f**kin vote! I cant see poo' white trash getting off their asses to vote-and for some reason-oh yeah-he's a nazi-I try to forget-they like him-not for his policys-he has none-it's because-"I hate Mexicans." And now he's trying to spin that he LIKES those "rapists and murderers". Mexico aint buying his lies-black folks aint buying his lies-and neither is any thinking man-folks like Ulthar just reflect their own insecurities buy siding with this shmuck. Get a wife,Ulthar-quit showing your hand. Your so easy to read. Lookingup
Trumps accusations that folks think "were a joke"-and he says that a lot-only reflects that  he thinks WE think he's a joke-he's very thin skinned-his money is his dick. Without his big money-he's nothing. He IS a joke.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:07:41 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.